Tennis 2024

Berettini is a fantastic grass court player. Unfortunately for him, Sinner has gone up a few rungs and now he’s a fantastic all court player. He’ll take some stopping this fortnight.

Kostyuk still in vogue. Quite a battle against Saville.

Dimitrov coming back from 2 sets down. Breaks in the first game in fifth.

Never heard of Darderi. Rising from 130 to 37 on the list this year and leading 2-1 against Musetti.

Weird injury to Hurkasz

Last edited:
Fearnley - who :confused: - has managed to win a set against Djokovic. Novak raced to a two set lead. Fearnley currently leads 5-4 in fourth set. We know who'll win but still, that's quite a thing for a Brit ranked 271 playing as a Wimbledon wildcard.

Djokovic takes the fourth set 7-5 to win by three sets to one.

Norrie beats Draper in straight sets.

Norrie showed a better temperament and dominated the clutch moments.

Alcaraz realizing he's gonna miss the big game if he goes 5 clearly :nervous:

Tiafoe's knee got hurt to be fair, albeit at 5-0 down in the fourth tie-break sure, but there's no reason for the fifth to have dropped off as much as it did. It's also the tight rope Novak's playing with with his knee. Solid match otherwise.

Raducanu looking very good at the moment. Today’s win never looked in doubt. Sakkari was the second top 10 player she’s beaten in 2 weeks, and she beat her easily tbh. And it seems that the draw could be opening up for her now, potentially all the way to the semis.

Raducanu looking very good at the moment. Today’s win never looked in doubt. Sakkari was the second top 10 player she’s beaten in 2 weeks, and she beat her easily tbh. And it seems that the draw could be opening up for her now, potentially all the way to the semis.

No don't fall into that trap of looking too far ahead

She should absolutely reach the semis from here. She’s been looking good for some time now and it was just a matter of time before she had a very deep run, she’s had some unlucky draws.

She should absolutely reach the semis from here. She’s been looking good for some time now and it was just a matter of time before she had a very deep run, she’s had some unlucky draws.

Think that qualifier will give her more problems than many expect on Sunday/Monday

Think that qualifier will give her more problems than many expect on Sunday/Monday

I think it'll somehow be harder than the Sakkari match for her, as Sakkari really seemed to blow it. But Raducanu should be able to win, she's in good form and confidence must be sky high right now

what the feck is with this calling out famous people in the crowd - 10 mins of this shit.

So cringe.
So much of Wimbledon is cringe, beyond the actual tennis. It’s all centrist-dad, upper middle class, ‘come on Tim’ BBC nonsense. I personally can’t stand the on-court post-match interviews, have to quickly switch over to spare my cringitis.

I think it'll somehow be harder than the Sakkari match for her, as Sakkari really seemed to blow it. But Raducanu should be able to win, she's in good form and confidence must be sky high right now

Has pulled out of the mixed doubles with Murray,really hoping this is purely precaution

Has pulled out of the mixed doubles with Murray,really hoping this is purely precaution
Most top players in her situation would claim to have a niggle to avoid participating in a close to meaningless match when you're through to the last 16. An obvious and right decision which I'm sure Murray understands. And it's not as if he didn't get the most elaborate send off I've ever seen after his last match. I suspect they did all of that then because they knew Raducanu would pull out if she progressed in the singles.

Most top players in her situation would claim to have a niggle to avoid participating in a close to meaningless match when you're through to the last 16. An obvious and right decision which I'm sure Murray understands. And it's not as if he didn't get the most elaborate send off I've ever seen after his last match. I suspect they did all of that then because they knew Raducanu would pull out if she progressed in the singles.

Don’t think they would have known that tbh, they were only announced as playing together that same morning?

Murray probably encouraging her to drop out and focus on the singles and happy not to have a second, smaller, awkwarder send off in a meaningless match.

Would Draper have given Zverev more problems as he has a much bigger serve?

Mixed doubles has always been for the craic at the end of the day.

It sucks but I don't blame Raducanu for pulling out and I think Andy will fully support her and find it a relatable decision.

Swiatek getting absolutely demolished, sheesh.

Rune 0-2 down in sets vs Halys who is the #61 ranked with a 26-55 record. Mental.

Of course Guardiola is there to support Zverev

Iga just...doesn't have it on grass. Sigh.

Was nice to see Tiafoe at this level again, he's one of the most entertaining players in the circuit at his best, one of the few who can actually match Alcaraz for touch and creativity. Too bad, like Berrettini with Sinner, this game should have come much later in the tournament. Once he lost the tie-break the 5th was a formality honestly

This dudes all over Alcaraz out of nowhere

Radacanu struggling against a qualifier. How she ever won a major is beyond me.
Have you watched it? She’s hardly playing at the level of a qualifier. Some erratic errors but in general she’s hitting the lines constantly.

Have you watched it? She’s hardly playing at the level of a qualifier. Some erratic errors but in general she’s hitting the lines constantly.

Yeah, I thought the same. She's playing well and doing better than the score line suggests.

Is Lulu Sun allowed to confer with her trainer this much?
Not been watching but on court coaching is now allowed. There are limits but they can speak near enough as much as they want while on the same side of the court.

Raducanu did really well there I thought, against a strong opponent who has played much more. I just hope she doesn't blame the injury thing and go back in that direction.

Sun looks good, I'm rooting for her now.

Sun looks good, I'm rooting for her now.
Same. Such a wholesome interview afterwards.

I feel like the Wimbledon crowd always tends to get behind players after they've knocked our own out. Unless their name is Novak.