Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medvedev has lost his mojo since Nadal beat him in the final. I think he's lost something like 3 or 4 finals in a row now.
Right, he lost that Rosmalen final to Van Rijthoven of course. Bit of a shame, I really like Medvedev, he's a fantastic villain which tennis can use after all the boring sportsmanlike Nadal and Federer years. I suppose Djokovic can be a bit of a heel, but he's just lame with his dumb no hair gel head.

Right, he lost that Rosmalen final to Van Rijthoven of course. Bit of a shame, I really like Medvedev, he's a fantastic villain which tennis can use after all the boring sportsmanlike Nadal and Federer years. I suppose Djokovic can be a bit of a heel, but he's just lame with his dumb no hair gel head.

What makes Medvedev a villain? I guess Djokovic AU saga makes him a villain to polite and liberal community of the west but Medvedev is just a Russian and that is that. Yeah he has outburst here and there but nothing outrageous.

Fritz looks terrified out there and beaten already. Nadal will is going to cruise into SFs.

What makes Medvedev a villain? I guess Djokovic AU saga makes him a villain to polite and liberal community of the west but Medvedev is just a Russian and that is that. Yeah he has outburst here and there but nothing outrageous.
His outbursts and temper tantrums on court make him a villain. I mean villain as in, someone who the croud likes to boo, like during that US open match where he told them in his post match interview they probably have a low IQ. Not villain as in Bond villain who is plotting evil schemes to take over the world. I work with quite a few Russians and none of em are particularly rude, but I'll take your word for it :wenger: Medvedev is my favorite player on tour btw, I love his type of psychological warfare amd he only takes about 3 seconds to serve which, in the age of Djokovic and Nadal is a fecking godsend.

As for Djokovic, the dumb antivax stuff makes him a moron the oncourt antics make him a heel. He doesnt really do it anymore now though, more of an early career thing. Not sure what this has to do with liberal.

Last edited:
Being a serve bot must be so mentally challenging. You already know that all the rallies, you are getting your ass beat and if your opponent is serving well, you have barely enough to weapons to break them.

Nadal is playing some amazing stuff so far.

Being a serve bot must be so mentally challenging. You already know that all the rallies, you are getting your ass beat and if your opponent is serving well, you have barely enough to weapons to break them.

Playing them is alsp mentally challenging though. I played a competition match against one yesterday (on my own very suspect level mind you) dude could barely hit a normal ground stroke, but was 2m and served like a mad man. Took my 1.5 sets to return a 1st serve :lol:

Well well well, jinx,

Playing them is alsp mentally challenging though. I played a competition match against one yesterday (on my own very suspect level mind you) dude could barely hit a normal ground stroke, but was 2m and served like a mad man. Took my 1.5 sets to return a 1st serve :lol:
I can imagine, a good server on your level probably has even bigger advantage as returning that requires amazing skill and speed.

Fritz looks terrified out there and beaten already. Nadal will is going to cruise into SFs.
He can be as terrified as he wants, Nadal just can't maintain consistency anymore. Fritz has the break back.

Fritz serving for the set. Nadal making a lot of mistakes after a decent start

Nadal doesn't look healthy. Getting bullied right now though.

Am I the only one seeing it? Look at Rafa's body language and facial expressions, he looks way off.

Am I the only one seeing it? Look at Rafa's body language and facial expressions, he looks way off.
He's honestly been fairly average the entire tournament so it feels the usual for me. He's been lucky he's not really gotten any decent player until today because he's looked way below his 2018/19 levels here and that's why I had my fears about the Fritz and Nick matches.

He's honestly been fairly average the entire tournament so it feels the usual for me. He's been lucky he's not really gotten any decent player until today because he's looked way below his 2018/19 levels here and that's why I had my fears about the Fritz and Nick matches.
Not really talking about his game, but he looks like he is in some pain. Maybe I am just imagining it.

Being average aside, I dont get the pessimism, this is his best season start ever. Surely he's not going out against this nobody and Im unsure Kyrgios will even beat Garin. You never know when he throws a tantrum amd starts tanking.

Being average aside, I dont get the pessimism, this is his best season start ever. Surely he's not going out against this nobody and Im unsure Kyrgios will even beat Garin. You never know when he throws a tantrum amd starts tanking.
Not really pessimistic, just realistic about grass. Nadal's had a fantastic season so there's no shame if he loses today/to Nick or in the final but I just don't see his level (so far atleast) being good enough to beat Fritz, Nick and Novak back to back on grass. While the backhand has been on fire, the forehand has been pretty subpar all week and he's not winning without that level being raised.

He was 2-0 in the first set and still lost it.
He was 3-1 and 0-30 and two points from a double break and 4-1 and then proceeded to lose that game, and the next four on the bounce. Until he's a double break up, the set isn't over.

Fritz isn't a nobody, he's a young player in the top 15 in the world and has already won a Masters event this year.

That being said the pessimism on here every time Nadal loses a set is mad, every match this year at a slam that's gone more than 3 sets the same posters keep coming out with massively pessimistic posts as if the match is over already or he might win but he's got no chance of winning the tournament and yet we're in July and he's still on for the calendar slam.

Nick goes from a break down to take the first 6-4 vs Garin. That's probably that.

He was 2-0 in the first set and still lost it.

Can't see that happening again. As we've seen with the big three over the years, they tend to leverage their opponents' momentary exuberance at having taken the first set to their advantage by storming back and breaking them mentally en route to defeating them.

Nadal with a 3-1 yet again and broken again. Atleast something about his game is consistent today.

Can't see that happening again. As we've seen with the big three over the years, they tend to leverage their opponents' momentary exuberance at having taken the first set to their advantage by storming back and breaking them mentally en route to defeating them.
He's got broken yet again from 3-1. He's been shocking today.

Not really pessimistic, just realistic about grass. Nadal's had a fantastic season so there's no shame if he loses today/to Nick or in the final but I just don't see his level (so far atleast) being good enough to beat Fritz, Nick and Novak back to back on grass. While the backhand has been on fire, the forehand has been pretty subpar all week and he's not winning without that level being raised.
I agree about him not beating Novak, but I think he will at least get to him.

Nadal didn't look too good physically at the change of ends atleast.

I agree about him not beating Novak, but I think he will at least get to him.
If he actually does manage to get through Fritz and Nick, the way he's been playing, I think he'll actually maybe just beat Novak and surprise everyone. I just don't see him getting past Fritz and/or Nick though.

The commentators are only picking it up now, he is clearly not 100%.

Nadal on trouble on his serve again. He's going to go out in straight sets if he doesn't do something really soon.

The commentators are only picking it up now, he is clearly not 100%.

It is just a tactic to distract dominant opponent. Nadal is fine. Just as he was fine at RG 2022. You don't win tournaments and straight set people at Wimbledon without being fine. He is being outplayed and is acting hurt.

If he actually does manage to get through Fritz and Nick, the way he's been playing, I think he'll actually maybe just beat Novak and surprise everyone. I just don't see him getting past Fritz and/or Nick though.
Right, afraid he will go out here after all. Looks injured.

It is just a tactic to distract dominant opponent. Nadal is fine. Just as he was fine at RG 2022. You don't win tournaments and straight set people at Wimbledon without being fine. He is being outplayed and is acting hurt.
This is really dumb. You know stuff can happen during a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.