Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good comeback from Novak, played at a high level and Sinner couldn't keep with him. Getting broken early in the final 3 sets really cost him.

Big chance here for Goffin or Norrie to make the SF, even if I think they have next to no chance against Novak.

I'd probably say Goffin is a marginally more difficult match for Novak but they both are a pretty perfect match up for him, regardless. Both lack weapons and relatively weak serves.

Good comeback from Novak, played at a high level and Sinner couldn't keep with him. Getting broken early in the final 3 sets really cost him.

Big chance here for Goffin or Norrie to make the SF, even if I think they have next to no chance against Novak.

I'd probably say Goffin is a marginally more difficult match for Novak but they both are a pretty perfect match up for him, regardless. Both lack weapons and relatively weak serves.
Getting closer to Djokovic Nadal final ... unless Kyrgios has a couple of inspired matches (which he is capable of... but unlikely given his capacity to self destruct)

Yeah shame Wimbledon didn't adopt the US and Aussie Open stance on his participation

The US allowed him to play..... twice through actual covid restrictions. Seems a bit trivial if they genuinely stop him playing now you don't even have to test to visit the country as a tourist.

Surely everyone can agree that this season's Nadal is a huge favorite against everyone but Djokovic and Medvedev (if he keeps his head).

Kyrgios may be great if everything goes well, but it never does and he's achieved feck all in his career and Taylor Fritz might be doing well but everyone knows Americans suck at Tennis.

Yeah shame Wimbledon didn't adopt the US and Aussie Open stance on his participation
Wimbledon have effectively used the same approach as the US Open by not getting involved in immigration issues

Well done Norrie, be a brilliant achievement to get to the semi final.

It really feels like the crowd won a couple of points for Norrie in that game

Big fan of Norrie. The bloke wears that old Fergie team talk “always be proud to say you work hard” as a badge of honour. Great to see Goffin be relevant again, too.

Anyone have an explanation for this?

Even Lance didn't dope mid climb that openly. Novak is an ultra badass.

Nadal will beat Djokovic in the final. I still maintain that I don't see Djokovic winning another slam.

If Nadal straight sets Fritz tomorrow I will be very concerned. So far what I have seen from Nadal does not seem enough to beat Novak outside of clay for the first time since 2013. Yep, it has been 9 years since last time Novak lost a match to Nadal outside of clay.

If Nadal straight sets Fritz tomorrow I will be very concerned. So far what I have seen from Nadal does not seem enough to beat Novak outside of clay for the first time since 2013. Yep, it has been 9 years since last time Novak lost a match to Nadal outside of clay.
I think it's quite unlikely given he's dropped sets to randoms this week.

Choosing the right energy drink perhaps? For the best impact??

hes Hardly going to draw attention too something so obvious if it was illegal is he

he’s hardly going to directly point to his illegally drug fuel drink infront of the millions on camera

and if it was illegally fuel rocket juice….then The guys a funny funny man doing that infront of everyone with no sh**s given

I'm not saying he's doing this or that. I'm genuinely curious, because it's clearly not liquid and he doesn't chew anything. Seems like some sort of inhaler.

Surely everyone can agree that this season's Nadal is a huge favorite against everyone but Djokovic and Medvedev (if he keeps his head).

Kyrgios may be great if everything goes well, but it never does and he's achieved feck all in his career and Taylor Fritz might be doing well but everyone knows Americans suck at Tennis.
Medvedev has lost his mojo since Nadal beat him in the final. I think he's lost something like 3 or 4 finals in a row now.

Medvedev has lost his mojo since Nadal beat him in the final. I think he's lost something like 3 or 4 finals in a row now.
Nadal always does well against Medvedev so I'd back him in a final against him on any surface and Slam. It's Novak who Nadal really struggles with.

the-secret-ingredient-is-crime-jbone666.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.