Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough and I apologise for being a bit snippy. If he was 28 and with plenty of more opportunities ahead I would be more on board with what you're saying but I don't think at 36 and with a chance to maybe win Wimbledon (which is the slam after Australia that would mean the most I would imagine given how bad his record was there from 2012 until he made some sort of return in 2018) that's as easy a decision to make.
It's fine, I 100% agree it isnt an easy decision to make. That is really inherent to Nadal at these last few years of his career, he has to choose his battles constantly, off and on court.

:lol: at "injury"

As if we haven't seen this story in the past, Fritz is done. Momentum halted and in his head that he is up against an "injured" Nadal
So what happened to him vs an "injured" Novak in the AO where Novak went on to win the tournament with a torn muscle?

Nadal is fine, this isn't the first time we've all thought he was injured and watched him go on to win (and be fine for the next match). He'll take this in 4, along with the semi, as has been obvious for a while.
And Fritz breaks Nadal. For a "very obvious" win like you've been saying for two days, Nadal sure is struggling against a Fritz who isn't even playing very well. I thought this was supposed to be straightforward?

:lol: at "injury"

As if we haven't seen this story in the past, Fritz is done. Momentum halted and in his head that he is up against an "injured" Nadal
Sure...he had tape on his abs all tournament for this exact moment

More of the Twitter warrior brigade appear.

:rolleyes:

Not as if there isn't a precedent to this scumbaggery by Nadal and Novak in the past

So what happened to him vs an "injured" Novak in the AO where Novak went on to win the tournament with a torn muscle?

Two wrong don't make a right, Novak is a complete scumbag too. On number of occasions he has feigned an injury to throw off the opponent. That AO is one example, and Wimby 19 F being another one. Great players both of them, but also utter scumbags who use everything to gain an advantage

Not as if there isn't a precedent to this scumbaggery by Nadal and Novak in the past

Two wrong don't make a right, Novak is a complete scumbag too. On number of occasions he has feigned an injury to throw off the opponent. That AO is one example, and Wimby 19 F being another one. Great players both of them, but also utter scumbags who use everything to gain an advantage

Honest question: What did Novak do at Wimby 19 F final that was unethical?

And Fritz breaks Nadal. For a "very obvious" win like you've been saying for two days, Nadal sure is struggling against a Fritz who isn't even playing very well. I thought this was supposed to be straightforward?

I'll still put money on him winning - he's got the experience here that Fritz doesn't, he won't tighten up the same way Fritz will when the finish line is in sight, especially if there are more well timed injury breaks and painkillers involved.

And what about Federer taking that MTO Vs Nadal in the 2017 final?

Honest question: What did Novak do at Wimby 19 F final that was unethical?

After 1st set he feigned having a calf issue where he was falling all over the place, as if he wasn't control of his limbs. fecked with his opponents head. And, he has done this multiple times too where he's pretended to be injured only to magically start playing at 100% afterwards. All mind games, and not genuine

And what about Federer taking that MTO Vs Nadal in the 2017 final?

That was straight out of Nadals playbook, he did to Nadal what he had done to him n number of times. Difference is, he hasn't succumbed to this scumbaggery as often as Novak and Nadal do

This is why you’ll only be Kush, and never a Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic.

Why is there such a long discussion on MTO? It's part of tennis and players get minor and major injuries while playing all the time.

Nadal is so clever at faking injury he's even lowering his service speed to convince everyone of his problem.

Nadal is so clever at faking injury he's even lowering his service speed to convince everyone of his problem.
3 sets of lower speeds just to get into Ftitz's head. That's why he's one of the GOATs.

Fritz wins the set. Reminder that this was supposed to be straightforward for Rafa. :lol:

Some idiotic posts in this thread, a bit shocking. Nadal isn't winning here, hope he doesnt make the injury much worse. All credit to Fritz regardless, though I expect Kyrgios to bully him if he plays like this.

Some idiotic posts in this thread, a bit shocking. Nadal isn't winning here, hope he doesnt make the injury much worse. All credit to Fritz regardless, though I expect Kyrgios to bully him if he plays like this.
Nick winning is good now that Rafa isn't making it. He's the only one who is Uber motivated vs the top guys and could give Novak a tough match.

A final between a man accussed of assaulting his gf, and a right wing cult hero, awesome.

Nick winning is good now that Rafa isn't making it. He's the only one who is Uber motivated vs the top guys and could give Novak a tough match.

He's one of the most frustrating players on the tour, has the talent to be great but gets in his own way so often. You're right though, anyone else in the final would be a walkover.

He's one of the most frustrating players on the tour, has the talent to be great but gets in his own way so often. You're right though, anyone else in the final would be a walkover.
He just can't be arsed against anyone but the top guys or those he hates. He's hated both of Nadal and Djokovic and you can see how motivated he is when he plays. So I'm certain he'll trouble Novak. Plus all those free points on serve.

Let's be clear. Fritz is not even in the stratosphere of Nadal and Novak when they are fit.

Nadal doesn't need to fake injury to win. He didn't need to fake injury to win AO.

This would be a procession even at half their full potential.

Three sets Nadal has had an early break and all three times he's been broken back. With serve speeds down, he's pretty uselsss.

Nadal's return game has been good today but you just can't win on grass with such a reduced serve.

What a series of dropshots. :lol: Imagine this field with young and healthy Novak/Nadal in their prime. They would be blitzing through all the tournaments.

What a series of dropshots. :lol: Imagine this field with young and healthy Novak/Nadal in their prime. They would be blitzing through all the tournaments.
While true they are not in their prime I think they have also improved a lot over the years, I know it doesn't look like it from this match but I believe Nadal's serve ie improved a lot, his volley game too ie, so he might not be as physical as he used to be but now he has more weapons imo.

Novak and Nadals reign of dominance needs to end. Wouldn’t mind Norrie winning it but don’t see him getting through the semi.

Kyrgios is a moany cnut but his talent deserves at least a GS final.
It would be okay if he was just a moany cnut but the stories about him assaulting his gf just makes it impossible for me to cheer for him no matter the circumstances, the 2 will dominate for 1-2 more years at most so it's almost over, just need Sinner and Alcaraz to develop and Medvedev and Zverev to be more consistent.

It's a win win for us. If Nick wins then Novak stays two behind and if Novak wins then, well, delighted Nick isn't a Slam winner.

Nadal is still in the tournament. I am sure he has few more tricks up his sleeve.

It would be okay if he was just a moany cnut but the stories about him assaulting his gf just makes it impossible for me to cheer for him no matter the circumstances, the 2 will dominate for 1-2 more years at most so it's almost over, just need Sinner and Alcaraz to develop and Medvedev and Zverev to be more consistent.
Oh shit he’s got rep for abuse? Had heard the stuff about Zverev but not Nick!

Status
Not open for further replies.