Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He also claims he submitted his visa application on 30th November under the exemption? Also, the deadline for applying for a medical exemption was 10th December and he claims to have caught it on the 16th? There is something very dodgy in the details.

:lol: he’s such a cock.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He also claims he submitted his visa application on 30th November under the exemption? Also, the deadline for applying for a medical exemption was 10th December and he claims to have caught it on the 16th? There is something very dodgy in the details.

:lol: this is comedy gold

Brophs

The One and Only
THOSE KIDS WOULD BE LUCKY TO GET A LITTLE SNIFF OF NOVAK’S COVID

InfiniteBoredom

This isn’t an Agatha Christie’s novel, not hard to work out what happened here. Tiley tried to finagle him in and would have succeeded if our boy wasn’t too big of an idiot to announce the scheme to the whole world.

Am I supposed to believe that Tennis Australia accidentally missed ATAGI’s instruction, then the independent review panel at Victorian’s DOH would miss the fact that his ‘infection’ was nearly a week past the deadline, plus the federal’s rule that an infection wouldn’t count? Totally believable that professionals would make those amateurish mistakes that somehow facilitated the entry of a known anti vaxxer.

If the court has any balls, he should be thrown out and denied entry for the next 3 years for trying to get in under false pretense. Alas, what would happen is that worst case for Novaxx is missing this year.

saivet

There was a rumour that his initial application was rejected (applied under different grounds?) and this was a new application. Would make sense as the positive test was after the deadline and given he arrived so much later than everyone else.

wr8_utd

:'(

Not sure if the "today" is actually mentioned in the Serbian caption here.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
There was a rumour that his initial application was rejected (applied under different grounds?) and this was a new application. Would make sense as the positive test was after the deadline and given he arrived so much later than everyone else.
Would also explain why he suddenly decided not to play the ATP cup. Seems like he was confident he would get the first exemption.
He got covid twice now within 1.5 years and both times acted completely unresponsible. Just kick him out of the country, I don't know why anyone should feel sorry for him.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Disgusting stuff by Novax.

But seems like it wasn't just AO who cocked up per this report.

So Oz govt now trying to act holier than thou also gave the go ahead.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

It'd be interesting to see what he put on his forms (to lead to that "ok" response).

Not saying the HA dept may not have made a mistake but don't know what his application said and call me a cynic, but I don't think I'd bet my house on Djokovics forms being 100% correct.

And not sure who the "Aust Govt" includes as don't fully understand the split of how Aus works. But don't think it includes ATAGI or Border Force who seem to have been consistent?

I do wonder if Djokovic would have been better doing the mea culpa think early doors rather than doubling down which just lets more info come out.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
He's no more likely to get it and spread it than the vaccinated people which makes him being banned ridiculous.
Bullshit. Vaccination and especially if you have a third shot makes you hugely less likely to catch and spread covid.

saivet

On actual tennis, just watching Nadal vs Ruusuvuori. Nadal taken the first set but still looking quite rusty, I don't think the walkover in the previous round has helped but he really needs to be winning this tournament. Even though it's his first competitive tournament in a while the quality of the draw isn't all that high.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I had some sympathy for Novak in the sense that he was told a previous infection would allow an exemption and now he’s being made a political football in election season just for turning up like he was informed he could do. However, I don’t get why he’s now fighting it if the visa requirements state a previous infection doesn’t warrant entry into the country. And those tweets about him being out and about after his supposed positive test either mean he’s lying or he’s a fecking entitled anti-vax COVID denying cnut. So yeah. No sympathy no more.

However, the rounding up of people and sending them home after tennis Australia said they could come really is an awful fecking look. Putting aside Djokovic this has really been a total fecking shit show from all involved.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I'm calling bullshit. If he had such a letter why did he get refused entry? Seems very unlikely.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Ben Rothenberg is a Djokovic hater, he actually is suggesting Djokovic deliberately caught Covid.

How a journalist whos meant to be impartial gets away with such posts and constant biased attacks to a legend in the field he gets paid for is unreal.

Ladron de redcafe

Ben Rothenberg is a Djokovic hater, he actually is suggesting Djokovic deliberately caught Covid.

How a journalist whos meant to be impartial gets away with such posts and constant biased attacks to a legend in the field he gets paid for is unreal.
Accusing someone of being s hater isn't a valid rebuttal to his claims.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I had some sympathy for Novak in the sense that he was told a previous infection would allow an exemption and now he’s being made a political football in election season just for turning up like he was informed he could do. However, I don’t get why he’s now fighting it if the visa requirements state a previous infection doesn’t warrant entry into the country. And those tweets about him being out and about after his supposed positive test either mean he’s lying or he’s a fecking entitled anti-vax COVID denying cnut. So yeah. No sympathy no more.

However, the rounding up of people and sending them home after tennis Australia said they could come really is an awful fecking look. Putting aside Djokovic this has really been a total fecking shit show from all involved.
Yep, I think he was misled by the Australian Tennis Association. Whether they did that because they didn't hear the advice or they heard it and decided that no one would actually send him away - I don't know. I'm cynical enough to believe it was deliberate and that's why their boss is proud of what they did:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...believable-job-as-djokovic-visa-saga-drags-on

Of course the interesting thing about the timeline is that with a positive test date of the 16th, he was too late to apply to the AO for a medical exemption officially. But also, it may well be correct to say that he subsequently wasn't allowed to get a vaccination - due to a standard sort of 28 day hold on having a jab post new infection. Maybe he also claims he had an appointment for a J&J on the same day but couldn't attend :smirk: After all, he was busy being presented with a new stamp and meeting kids that week, so maybe it was going to be a big week for him. I'm sure his lawyers are working on the evidence trail.

Brophs

The One and Only

Do you ever read your own posts back and just cringe? Like, your arsehole eating your entire body level of cringe?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City

:lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
No but I do cringe at your posts tbh.
Me too. But that’s a sort of natural self-loathing associated with spending my time arguing about inane shite on an Internet forum.

Yours is probably more in the realm of a crazed stalker who finds out where the object of their desires lives and then masturbates into their letter box in the hope that they’ll touch your seed and thus you’ll have a sticky bond that cannot be broken by things like science or rational thought.

Two sides of the same coin, really.

The Firestarter

Me too. But that’s a sort of natural self-loathing associated with spending my time arguing about inane shite on an Internet forum.

Yours is probably more in the realm of a crazed stalker who finds out where the object of their desires lives and then masturbates into their letter box in the hope that they’ll touch your seed and thus you’ll have a sticky bond that cannot be broken by things like science or rational thought.

FFS :lol:

Rooney24

Game, Set & Match as they say :)

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
:lol: Don't feck with Brophs.
Here was me thinking 'staff' were supposed to adhere to rules.

But hey personal insults are fine if its certain posters, doubt you would be laughing if it was the other way about. :wenger::rolleyes:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Here was me thinking 'staff' were supposed to adhere to rules.

But hey personal insults are fine if its certain posters, doubt you would be laughing if it was the other way about. :wenger::rolleyes:
He’s attacking your posts, not you.;)

wr8_utd

:'(

Ben does hate Novak (and Nadal to a lesser extent) and is only a fan of Roger. However, in this case, he has raised very valid points. And the timeline is very suspicious given how much Djokovic was socializing even after getting a positive result on the 16th.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

‘Touch your seed’ :lol:

ExoduS

As a Djokovic fan, this day sucks. Wow, at this point he does not appear only as someone who is rejecting a vaccine, but potentially a liar. At this point it seems like he needs to hit the rock bottom and then rise again. People love that. Other path is that he will be one of the most hated people. He was already hated by many, but up until this point there were no solid grounds. Lying to health official and immigration official of another sovereign country is a serious offense.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
As a Djokovic fan, this day sucks. Wow, at this point he does not appear only as someone who is rejecting a vaccine, but potentially a liar. At this point it seems like he needs to hit the rock bottom and then rise again. People love that. Other path is that he will be one of the most hated people. He was already hated by many, but up until this point there were no solid grounds. Lying to health official and immigration official of another sovereign country is a serious offense.
The sporting epic were a legend loses his Australian Open to a visa mix up and then rises from the ashes of despair to win the French Open because they aren't bothered about whether he's vaxxed.

It's a timeless tennis classic that puts Rocky in the shade:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.