Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an incredible half volley from Fritz and Nadal struggling to Hold again.

Why is one of the commentators riding Nadals dick so hard? Giving no credit to Fritz.

Ofcourse he's better. Van Rijthoven could become a good player if he stays fit, but so far he has played only a handful of ATP games and was ranked outside of the top 200. I dont really rate Botic. He's boringly decent and whike his serve is big, it's not big enough to trouble the big guns as was demonstrated by Nadal needing only half a set to neutralize his serve entirely.
Sorry, misread. Thought you meant better than Dutch players who'd won.

As you were.

Two awful drop shots from Rafa. Will prove costly if he does get broken.

Rafa's had the breaks in pretty much every set and is still going to go out because of just how bad his own serve has been.

5-0 is where Rafa's nerves will start to show and first serves disappear. :lol:

Shame Fritz can't play a decent tie break. A more excititing end would've been cool.

More than Rafa being a warrior, which he is and has proven enough, this shows the still existing gulf in quality between the old guard and the young ones. Even at 40% he still beats them in a 5 setter.

Huge comeback with alot to be done when you are injured... Was this a 'djoko" injury situation?

More than Rafa being a warrior, which he is and has proven enough, this shows the still existing gulf in quality between the old guard and the young ones. Even at 40% he still beats them in a 5 setter.

That was blatant display of acting and dramatizing non existent injury in order to confuse the opponent. There is nothing warrior like in that.

Nadal won't get past Kyrgios unless the latter implodes mentally which is always on the cards. As great as Nadal - Djoko would be in the final, Kyrgios - Djoko would also be tasty.

Either these painkillers are amazing or the injury isn't as bad as people think. His movement and groundstrokes were totally fine.

That was blatant display of acting and dramatizing non existent injury in order to confuse the opponent. There is nothing warrior like in that.
Given that Novak Has already once "faked" injury to "confuse" Fritz once before, you'd think he'd have figured it out by now.

Either these painkillers are amazing or the injury isn't as bad as people think. His movement and groundstrokes were totally fine.
Ofcourse the movement and grounstrokes were fine and that's why he did so well at returning Ftitz's serve all match long. It was the serve that was comprised with the abdominal injury and that was evident in the fact that he has been broken more than he ever has on grass.

How was Nadal in sets 4 and 5? Even when he was struggling in set 2 and 3 his ground strokes were fine but the serve was weak, as expected with an abdominal issue.

I'm surprised he won but given it wasn't a movement issue and not impossible to serve he was always in it, even if he wasn't favorite.

How was Nadal in sets 4 and 5? Even when he was struggling in set 2 and 3 his ground strokes were fine but the serve was weak, as expected with an abdominal issue.

I'm surprised he won but given it wasn't a movement issue and not impossible to serve he was always in it, even if he wasn't favorite.

He was fresh as a daisy. Looked dead after first hour but at the very end played like the match just started. Nothing unusual.

Well done to Rafa but I will say it again Tennis is at it weakest right now.

Ofcourse the movement and grounstrokes were fine and that's why he did so well at returning Ftitz's serve all match long. It was the serve that was comprised with the abdominal injury and that was evident in the fact that he has been broken more than he ever has on grass.

True but serve speeds also seemed to be getting closer to normal by the fifth set. Hopefully he'll be fine.

Kept getting broken, his serve was weak throughout, but yeah his Forehand actually looked better than the rest of the tournament even.

0 chance to beat Kyrigos if you can't hold serve.

He was fresh as a daisy. Looked dead after first hour but at the very end played like the match just started. Nothing unusual.
Have to disagree about the first hour. His serve speed was way down but his movement and general play from the baseline looked fine, if not erratic to me.

Inevitable really, I put a bet on Nadal winning at 2-1 down as him winning was obvious. The only thing he was in danger of losing today was his combover, he really needs to get that sorted.

Roll on the Nadal - Djokovic final.

Kept getting broken, his serve was weak throughout, but yeah his Forehand actually looked better than the rest of the tournament even.

0 chance to beat Kyrigos if you can't hold serve.
He could get away with it. Kyrgios has a much better serve but he's not a good returner. Throwing in his first serves at second serve speed vs Djokovic and it will be a pasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.