Music Taylor Swift

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Move over Kendrick and Drake.

Wop wop wop wop wop Dave feck her up.
Her response was to say that her band play live for three and a half hours. Completely ignored that Dave was talking about just her miming because she knows he's completely right.

It's funny how she's now acknowledging the situation and not when her fans were sending rape threats to Grohl's underage daughter because she had the audacity to question why Swift uses a private plane to travel around so much.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don't care about other opinions in the sense that you don't agree with me about Taylor Swift. I have made this clear over and over.

What I do care about is making sweeping generalizations about other people's experiences and opinions. That's daft.

Again voicing an opinion that Swift sucks is fine. Telling other people they like this or that because they don't have the frame of reference is feckin' moronic. You don't really know why other people like things. How can you not see the difference?
Ease up on the daft and moronic. I just told you my limited experience. You need thicker skin to have this conversation because a lot of people have even harsher opinions than mine.

And although you do keep reiterating you don't mind people criticising Tay Tay, it doesn't seem true.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's funny how she's now acknowledging the situation and not when her fans were sending rape threats to Grohl's underage daughter because she had the audacity to question why Swift uses a private plane to travel around so much.
What the feck is wrong with people?

I wonder what are the demographics of that section of her fanbase?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What the feck is wrong with people?

I wonder what are the demographics of that section of her fanbase?
I'm sure (or I hope) that the folk saying that stuff were just trolls, but for Taylor to be completely silent over the whole thing until now, when suddenly it affects her, just irks me a little. Maybe it irked a certain rock star? It's not like Dave Grohl decided to take a pop at Taylor Swift for no reason.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm sure (or I hope) that the folk saying that stuff were just trolls, but for Taylor to be completely silent over the whole thing until now, when suddenly it affects her, just irks me a little. Maybe it irked a certain rock star? It's not like Dave Grohl decided to take a pop at Taylor Swift for no reason.

It's a tricky one. My gut says yeah, she should say something but in her defence maybe short of the police then it's best to say feck all to these loons. Especially if they are just trolls. Although the links above show some of the Swifties can be quite touchy.

Wing Attack Plan R

Her response was to say that her band play live for three and a half hours. Completely ignored that Dave was talking about just her miming because she knows he's completely right.

I've looked but not been able to find any credible reports on this, can you provide a link?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've looked but not been able to find any credible reports on this, can you provide a link?
I remember the story mainly from the Foo Fighters Reddit where folk there were grabbing screenshots of some of the things being said about Violet Grohl at the start of the year. Suffice to say that she quickly deactivated her account.

It's discussed here.

This thread too picks up on a lot of it.

CoopersDream

Ease up on the daft and moronic. I just told you my limited experience. You need thicker skin to have this conversation because a lot of people have even harsher opinions than mine.

And although you do keep reiterating you don't mind people criticising Tay Tay, it doesn't seem true.
I keep reiterate this, because I really don't. I'm not really interested in trying to convince you that she's good, because it don't matter to me one bit what you think about her. You wrote a good post a bit back explaining why you don't particularly like her, and while I don't agree with everything you wrote it's not of interest to me to make you think any differently.

What I initially responded to this time was someone saying that anyone "beating her drum" don't really know real music, and that's really it. As for your experience - there will obviously be a lot of hard core fans of hers that doesn't really listen to a lot of other music, but any semi-big artist will have such fans and more importantly any artist that ever have reached the popularity the she has will have an absolute ton of them. That's just how it goes.

Last edited:

CoopersDream

As for the whole Dave Grohl daughter thing, it's feckin' deranged behavior to be so nasty behind the keyboard. But the sad truth is Taylor Swift isn't the first person/thing people have handed out death threats (or whatever) over the internet for and certainly won't be the last.

As for the latest development, that's just a big pile of nothing. Taylor thanks her band, as far as I know, every single concert (just as most artist does). And she's not not mentioning herself because she doesn't sing live (she does), it's because she's literally thanking her band.

Last edited: