Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
100m what? Euros or pounds?

I'm a United fan, and our fanbase is deluded if they think Janssen < Rashford. We just overate young English players. Not that Rashford isn't good, but Janssen is just lethal. If we had a decent DOF we would buy Janssen for peanuts and loan him off while we have Zlatan for the next year or so. Rashford is more likely to be an option on the RW than a striker. He has no hold up game, and his first touch, technique is just poor for a striker. What do top strikers in the world like Suarez, Higuain, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Aguero have in common? They all have good hold up games and/or great first touch and ball control. Janssen is miles ahead in both.
Load of rubbish!

As soon as we started doing business with Raiola, it was always a possibility. I know Keys is a bit of a tool but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's true.

I'm a United fan, and our fanbase is deluded if they think Janssen < Rashford. We just overate young English players. Not that Rashford isn't good, but Janssen is just lethal. If we had a decent DOF we would buy Janssen for peanuts and loan him off while we have Zlatan for the next year or so. Rashford is more likely to be an option on the RW than a striker. He has no hold up game, and his first touch, technique is just poor for a striker. What do top strikers in the world like Suarez, Higuain, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Aguero have in common? They all have good hold up games and/or great first touch and ball control. Janssen is miles ahead in both.
Are you just WUMing for replies here?
Rashford can actually hold the ball up very well for a player of his size. Yeah his first touch isn't amazing just yet but I'd say in four years time when he is the same age as Janssen it will be a hell of a lot better.
Janssen has had half of one good season in the Dutch league and could very well go on to be another Afonso Alves just as much as he could a good player.

I don't even care about the fee. Don't know about anyone else but I think United being the first club to spend £100m is pretty exciting.

Oh so 100m is true but Icardi isn't.
Gotcha.
You haven't shown examples of much Spurs clickbait but you must have got distracted by the glittering gold that is Pogba.

I don't know if £100m is true (or £150+m if you add in wages over 5 years), although more than a few United fans appear happy to pay such a ridiculous sum. I do know that Spurs are not after Icardi.

I'm not interested in click-bait numbers, even if you are. I guess you could always establish a click-bait league table that shows United at the top (or at least in the top 4), as this might be some compensation at least for United's actual league table position last season.

I don't know if £100m is true (or £150+m if you add in wages over 5 years), although more than a few United fans appear happy to pay such a ridiculous sum. I do know that Spurs are not after Icardi.

I'm not interested in click-bait numbers, even if you are. I guess you could always establish a click-bait league table that shows United at the top (or at least in the top 4), as this might be some compensation at least for United's actual league table position last season.
So you threw out the clickbait accusation based on nothing at all. That's what you're saying.
Has to be since this is your third post since posting that accusation and you have provided nothing.
Why wouldn't you want Icardi? He's every bit as good as Kane.

The Dutch league is quite poor and players from there tend to be very hit and miss.

I am not hyping up Rashford,but I'd be apprehensive about players from that league. Including Depay.

Im not saying Rashford is better, but what makes you think Janssen is better than Rashford?
If Rashford maintains the level he was playing at last season he'll be one of the best strikers in the league. Whilst Janssen is playing in the Dutch league. BTW I actually think Janssen is a good player, but I think you are bring too quick to judge Rashford
Lets wait and see what he can become before judging too quickly

Keys should be on the banned list tbh, complete tool and knows feck all

But Stones wants to leave Everton, which would also lower his value. But it depends on demand and both players would be in demand. Either way, if Chelsea hadn't bid for Stones last summer, anything over £30m asking price would have been laughed at. But Everton rejected a £37m bid last summer and his demand has only risen with United and City getting involved aswel, so they feel that they can ask for considerably more. With Mata, we should tell Everton and publically that he isn't for sale, in order to increase his selling price.
Except that at this point his agent knows he is for sake as does everyone else. Doubt us saying he isn't will really raise the price.

Romario didnt have much of a hold up game and he is one of the best strikers of all time. Neither did Michael Owen and he was one of the best English strikers of all time until injuries ruined him. Fellaini has a decent hold up game........
Think in a 4-3-3 as a lone striker it is more important in this day and age and I totally agree with you on us over rating English players, for me Harry Kane is a prime example. Rashford is NOT a proven player after 6 months, he is just a player of potential still for me.
Never seen Jansen play so I cant comapre him to Rashford, but as people say above, there are plenty of examples of players in the Dutch league being average-awful in the premiership in fact I can only think of four or five have been really good.
Whether long term Rashford goes on to be a big player for us long term, I am also not certain yet, but I dont see him playing wide and I dont think his hold up abilities will be a decisive factor. Personally longer term I see Martial as our centre forward. He reminds me so much of Henry when he was at Monaco on the wing and I think he can become a great centre forward like Henry became too

Except that at this point his agent knows he is for sake as does everyone else. Doubt us saying he isn't will really raise the price.
Yeah sorry I meant we should have had that front from the beginning, not just start now. Or we could have briefed something along the lines of, we feel that he is an important player for us, but if we get a good offer, we may sell.

So you threw out the clickbait accusation based on nothing at all. That's what you're saying.
Has to be since this is your third post since posting that accusation and you have provided nothing.
Why wouldn't you want Icardi? He's every bit as good as Kane.

On the contrary, it's based on the knowledge that Spurs are not after Icardi ... not least because we have a new stadium complex to fund. We are not remotely going to bid close to £40m for Icardi. And besides we have other irons in the fire.

If you can't understand this then too bad.

On the contrary, it's based on the knowledge that Spurs are not after Icardi ... not least because we have a new stadium complex to fund. We are not remotely going to bid close to £40m for Icardi. And besides we have other irons in the fire.

Who was it from the Spurs organization that told you this?

Well there's the evidence chaps. He has 'the knowledge', What more do you want!?

Keys clearly had a few beers watching the football, just look at his weird ing-er-land tweet he made a minute later. If his information is from the united camp, which it would need to be to say united feel they have got them then why would they also leak that pogba wanted barca, doesn't make us look great, although obviously pogba would prefer the big two if they were available.

The Ramos smoke turned out to be true though didn't it? We were after him, and his camp were making all the noises about wanting to come to us....it just turned out to be a total ploy for a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.