Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players report this week don't they? I imagine we'll be off to China in a week or so. We play Dortmund on July 22, City on the 25th, then the next scheduled match is Rooney's testimonial on Aug 3rd. I thought I read somewhere that we would play in Sweden before the testimonial but can't find that anywhere.
July 30th against Galatasaray.

I'm a little surprised that the club didn't try to add more fixtures in the pre-season program after we sacked Van Gaal. The present fixtures were setup when LvG was still in charge

I'm a little surprised that the club didn't try to add more fixtures in the pre-season program after we sacked Van Gaal. The present fixtures were setup when LvG was still in charge

We have.

We playing Galatasery in Sweden. Rooney testimonial against Everton and don't forget the community shield.

It is possible we do a Patrick Roberts on him.
Although, the reason being mentioned is pretty hopeless. We have 21 players (including Mkhi) who need to be registered. So we just need 4 who are home grown and above 21 on 1 Jan 2016. Surely- Smalling, Carrick, Rooney, Lingard and one of Jones/Young will be staying

It is possible we do a Patrick Roberts on him.
Although, the reason being mentioned is pretty hopeless. We have 21 players (including Mkhi) who need to be registered. So we just need 4 who are home grown and above 21 on 1 Jan 2016. Surely- Smalling, Carrick, Rooney, Lingard and one of Jones/Young will be staying

The rule doesn't allow for more than 17 non-homegrown players in the 25 man squad.

The rule doesn't allow for more than 17 non-homegrown players in the 25 man squad.
I think he meant just that. Though, as i see it.
Squad:
DDG. NOT homegrown
Romero NOT homegrown

Johnstone Homegrown

Smalling Homegrown

Blind NOT homegrown
Rojo NOT homegrown

Jones Homegrown
Bailly NOT homegrown
McNair U21
Blackett Homegrown
Shaw U21
CBJ U21

Darmian NOT homegrown
Valencia NOT homegrown
Varela NOT homegrown

Schneiderlin Homegrown
Carrick Homegrown

TFM U21
Herrera NOT homegrown
Fellaini NOT homegrown
Schweinsteiger NOT homegrown
Mata NOT homegrown
(Mkhitaryan NOT homegrown)

Pereira U21
Depay NOT homegrown
Young Homegrown
Januzaj U21
Lingard Homegrown

Rooney Homegrown
Martial U21
Ibrahimovic NOT homegrown
Rashford U21
Wilson U21

Keane Homegrown

Homegrown: 13
U21: 6
NOT homegrown: 15

Total in need of registration (over 21): 28

This means at least 3 of current squad (including Mkhitaryan), can not be registered. Some of the mentioned can/will be loaned out or sold, likely players like Blackett, Keane and possibly Wilson. Still, we will need to get rid of some players, which will undoubtedly happen, with Mata, Rojo and Darmian being linked away.

This at least means we'll definately see some players moved on before the end of August.

Edited for posts below pointing out Schneiderlin is homegrown, and Shaw, Januzaj etc being U21(as by the rules) this season.

PS: Sorry about the colors, just wanted to make it understandable

Last edited:
Squad:
DDG. NOT homegrown
Romero NOT homegrown

Johnstone Homegrown

Smalling Homegrown

Blind NOT homegrown
Rojo NOT homegrown

Jones Homegrown
Bailly NOT homegrown
McNair Homegrown
Blackett Homegrown

Shaw U21, but turning 21 in July, Homegrown
CBJ U21
Darmian NOT homegrown
Valencia NOT homegrown
Varela NOT homegrown

Schneiderlin NOT homegrown

Carrick Homegrown
TFM U21
Herrera NOT homegrown
Fellaini NOT homegrown
Mata NOT homegrown

Pereira U21(Turning 21 in January, becoming homegrown)
Depay NOT homegrown
Young Homegrown
Januzaj Homegrown
Lingard Homegrown

Rooney Homegrown
Martial Homegrown

Rashford U21
Wilson U21 (Turning 21 December 1st, becoming homegrown)
Keane Homegrown

Homegrown: 12
U21 becoming Homegrown during/before season: 3
U21: 3
NOT homegrown: 16

Total in need of registration (over 21): 31

This means at least 6 of current squad (including Mkhitaryan), can not be registered. Of course players like Pereira doesn't need to be registered until January, so that can be "fixed" at that time. Some of the mentioned can/will be loaned out or sold, likely players like Blackett, Keane and possibly Wilson. Still, we will need to get rid of some players, which will undoubtedly happen, with Mata, Rojo and Darmian being linked away.

This at least means we'll definately see some players moved on before the end of August.
Schneiderlin is homegrown if I remember right.

Schneiderlin is homegrown if I remember right.
I noticed people say that. It might well be correct. I marked him as not being because Transfermarkt has him listed as transferred from Strasbourg to Southampton on July 1st 2008, at which point he was 19(born nov '89). Hence not homegrown. But like i said, either those data might be wrong, or there is some other loophole i'm unaware of.

Edit: When he signed for S'hampton, he was well passed 18, and did not have 3 full years before passing 21. The age(19) above is wrong, but he was 18 and roughly 7 months something.

I noticed people say that. It might well be correct. I marked him as not being because Transfermarkt has him listed as transferred from Strasbourg to Southampton on July 1st 2008, at which point he was 19(born nov '89). Hence not homegrown. But like i said, either those data might be wrong, or there is some other loophole i'm unaware of.

Edit: When he signed for S'hampton, he was well passed 18, and did not have 3 full years before passing 21. The age(19) above is wrong, but he was 18 and roughly 7 months something.
Yeah I have no idea on the rules on it, I just seem to remember when we signed him it was talked about that he would be classed as homegrown from his time at soton.

Squad:
DDG. NOT homegrown
Romero NOT homegrown

Johnstone Homegrown

Smalling Homegrown

Blind NOT homegrown
Rojo NOT homegrown

Jones Homegrown
Bailly NOT homegrown
McNair Homegrown
Blackett Homegrown

Shaw U21, but turning 21 in July, Homegrown
CBJ U21
Darmian NOT homegrown
Valencia NOT homegrown
Varela NOT homegrown

Schneiderlin NOT homegrown

Carrick Homegrown
TFM U21
Herrera NOT homegrown
Fellaini NOT homegrown
Mata NOT homegrown

Pereira U21(Turning 21 in January, becoming homegrown)
Depay NOT homegrown
Young Homegrown
Januzaj Homegrown
Lingard Homegrown

Rooney Homegrown
Martial Homegrown

Rashford U21
Wilson U21 (Turning 21 December 1st, becoming homegrown)
Keane Homegrown

Homegrown: 12
U21 becoming Homegrown during/before season: 3
U21: 3
NOT homegrown: 16

Total in need of registration (over 21): 31

This means at least 6 of current squad (including Mkhitaryan), can not be registered. Of course players like Pereira doesn't need to be registered until January, so that can be "fixed" at that time. Some of the mentioned can/will be loaned out or sold, likely players like Blackett, Keane and possibly Wilson. Still, we will need to get rid of some players, which will undoubtedly happen, with Mata, Rojo and Darmian being linked away.

PS: Sorry about the colors, just wanted to make it understandable

Schneiderlin is home grown player, listed as HG in official squad. Also players who are 21 or below at the start of the season don't have to be registered. So Shaw can play without taking the slot.

Last season we registered 20 players, in that we had 9 home grown players.

This season Depay should be registered, he wasn't last season as he was 21 when season started.

Schneiderlin is home grown player, listed as HG in official squad. Also players who are 21 or below at the start of the season don't have to be registered. So Shaw can play without taking the slot.

Last season we registered 20 players, in that we had 9 home grown players.

This season Depay should be registered, he wasn't last season as he was 21 when season started.
You're right ofcourse. Have read up again on it. Rule does not relate to the date of their birth per se, but the season in which they turn 18/21. Hence Schneiderlin has 3 full seasons in Southampton, including the one in which he turned 21. I will update the table, also marking the ones turning 21 during the season as merely U21.

You're right ofcourse. Have read up again on it. Rule does not relate to the date of their birth per se, but the season in which they turn 18/21. Hence Schneiderlin has 3 full seasons in Southampton, including the one in which he turned 21. I will update the table, also marking the ones turning 21 during the season as merely U21.

So we can register 4 players without offloading anyone as Depay should be registered this time.

We don't have any problem with filling home grown quota.

So we can register 4 players without offloading anyone as Depay should be registered this time.

In future Carrick and Rooney and possibly others which count as HG wont be part of the squad

In future Carrick and Rooney and possibly others which count as HG wont be part of the squad

Shaw, Rashford, CBJ and others will be registered. If everything goes well then Januzaj, Pereira, Fosu Mensah will be part of first team and they are HG too.

Depends what you mean by offloading. We definately don't have any problems with the 8-man homegrown quota, however we have to loan out/sell someone to get down to the general 25-man squad rule. Shouldn't be a problem the specifically adress though, we should be able to do that by loaning a player or two, and selling players we don't want anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.