Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't trust anything The Sun print.
They literally make up headlines and I have a feeling they toss coins on whether to say a player is joining a club, or not.
The only thing they do well is report on scantily clad sportsmens' WAGs.

Was always going to happen. Rooney is obviously making this deal impossible for us IMO. So it was always PSG or no one.

My only issues with Ibra were that the signing went against the endless calls for more pace in attack on here and the rumour of the wages,

Had we had Neymar, Suarez, Messi in attack, we'd have laughed at Ibra.
But people need to remember that last season we had a very weak attack (which may have been down to LVG's philosophy).
Ibra is a Galactico class player and will be expected to immediately be our best attacker. He scored more goals last season than Martial and Rashford put together. When you add "free transfer" into the mix, its a no-brainer.

I just don't get the hype around Pogba at all. Especially not £100m worth.

He is currently the most in-demand midfielder (who will likely be moving this Summer), so we will need to break the transfer record.
And lets not forget, we do need a top class midfielder. We currently have Bastian (who is mostly injured), Morgan (who has been average), Carrick (who is at retirement age), Herrera (who has been poor during the last 2 seasons).
I'll put it another way, all the footballing stats demonstrate that Danny Drinkwater, was a far better midfielder last season, than any of our midfielders. That's how poor our midfielders have performed.
Put simply, we are desperate and from all the reports I am reading, Pogba is integral to Mourinho's plan.

Hope we get our core targets sorted before tour begins. Think Pogba could go to the wire though.

Madrid making the cash for a Hazard bid. AS claimed this morning that ZZ and Perez are unconvinced Pogba will improve their midfield. Well see. I can see both Hazard and Pogba going to Madrid though.

Hope we get our core targets sorted before tour begins. Think Pogba could go to the wire though.

I'd imagine there will be movement in a particular direction after the Euros next Sunday. Can't imagine him committing to a club while France are still in it.

I'm really not sure about Batshuayi, glad we've avoided him. Could do well in this league with his physicality but I think he's lacking technical ability. Hoping he replaces Diego Costa rather than lining up alongside him, and I think Conte would only use one or the other as he likes a small, technical player as the second striker. Hazard could thrive in that role.

It's the United/Everton cycle it seems of us selling large and you giving us your unwanted players on the 'cheap'. Tbf though he's 28 and hasn't set the world alight while at United, £21 million is quite decent on reflection. The fees for English players always make this type of deal seem like it's wildly underpriced.

Although Mata is a good player, he isnt a good Man Utd player, never wanted him in the first place and although he has contributde some valuable assists and is a likeable player he has never as you say set the world alight and Im just glad we are off loading him, wish we could give you back Fellaini free with him though, I dont think I have disliked a player of ours so much as Fellaini, his total dumfoundness in a really overhyped Cruff turn by Wales the other night sums up how brainless let alone dirty he is.

To play on the right maybe?

Cavani
Di Maria ------------ James
Veratti -Matuidi
Krychowiak
Have to say, I like the midfield three now, has a bit of everything. Wish we'd have gone for Krychowiak, 25m is a steal for him and he's exactly what we need.

Difference is they want to keep Stones, we will be actively selling Mata which brings his value down a ton.
But Stones wants to leave Everton, which would also lower his value. But it depends on demand and both players would be in demand. Either way, if Chelsea hadn't bid for Stones last summer, anything over £30m asking price would have been laughed at. But Everton rejected a £37m bid last summer and his demand has only risen with United and City getting involved aswel, so they feel that they can ask for considerably more. With Mata, we should tell Everton and publically that he isn't for sale, in order to increase his selling price.

Don't know guys, think Icardi will need to start off as one of the over-21s in their U21 team. Needs to know what Spurs is all about before having a crack at competing with Kane.

Telegraph confirm Everton interest in Mata. Opening offer around £20m but competition for his signature.

Think we'll want more than that for him myself but we could do with a few clubs pursuing to ramp the price up.

It was always going to happen i thought even if i hoped he would get a year, but if we get 25m for a player who wont play much, so be it

We should ideally get about 30m considering the ridiculous numbers being thrown around

Telegraph confirm Everton interest in Mata. Opening offer around £20m but competition for his signature.

Think we'll want more than that for him myself but we could do with a few clubs pursuing to ramp the price up.

I think 30m is a fair deal for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.