Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they have a stadium to build and cannot spend this money on a striker.
But they want Jansen and even had a bid rejected for him, so they clearly want another striker to compete with Kane. Whether they'd be willing to spend near £40m on one is another question, but considering the news involves Icardi who plays in Italy, I would be surprised if Di Marzio got it wrong.

But they want Jansen and even had a bid rejected for him, so they clearly want another striker to compete with Kane. Whether they'd be willing to spend near £40m on one is another question, but considering the news involves Icardi who plays in Italy, I would be surprised if Di Marzio got it wrong.

They want a striker, I think the point is they wont be buying a £40m striker. Their bid for Jannsen was 12m

Sky really need to be more selective on how they use their dramatic breaking intro, a 50 year old striker going on loan from Bournemouth to Brighton is not the time!

You are not reading it correctly. It means "Sky is breaking but before we go here is another dung"

Can you imagine Levy paying £40 mln for a striker when they have Kane?

Only about two - i.e. one more than the number of your brain cells.
Clickbaiting Spurs fans would be like clickbaiting Swansea fans i.e. not worth their time.
I'll keep this civil since you can't. Is there a history of Spurs clickbaiting? Did the Wanyama transfer pull in so many eyes that they just have to ride that Spurs wave until it crashes on the rocks?
The Janssen saga has the whole country on edge I suppose. Gotta strike when the iron is hot.

Can you imagine Levy paying £40 mln for a striker when they have Kane?
No, but Di Marzio has been reporting Spurs interest in Icardi for a while now I believe, so there's likely something in it. The problem with Kane, is that if he's injured or not in form they'll need a replacement and they don't really have a top striker in the squad. And with the new TV money coming in, they'll have the resources.

Clickbaiting Spurs fans would be like clickbaiting Swansea fans i.e. not worth their time.
I'll keep this civil since you can't. Is there a history of Spurs clickbaiting? Did the Wanyama transfer pull in so many eyes that they just have to ride that Spurs wave until it crashes on the rocks?
The Janssen saga has the whole country on edge I suppose. Gotta strike when the iron is hot.

I'm sorry Janssen if doesn't get you drooling in the way that spending £100m on Pogba clearly would. But then all that glitters is not gold .... and vice-versa of course.

Anyhow, you carry on with your 'galactico' pursuits and mega-bucks spending - just like the last 3 summers - and Spurs will carry on with developing the approach under Pochettino that's worked rather well so far.

No, but Di Marzio has been reporting Spurs interest in Icardi for a while now I believe, so there's likely something in it. The problem with Kane, is that if he's injured or not in form they'll need a replacement and they don't really have a top striker in the squad. And with the new TV money coming in, they'll have the resources.

If it comes from Di Marzio, then there's definitely some truth in it. I doubt it is close to 40 mln though.

Also, I think this would be a really daft move for Icardi, he is basically going from being a starter for Inter (albeit not the Inter from a couple of years ago) to being a bench warmer for Spurs.

I'm a United fan, and our fanbase is deluded if they think Janssen < Rashford. We just overate young English players. Not that Rashford isn't good, but Janssen is just lethal. If we had a decent DOF we would buy Janssen for peanuts and loan him off while we have Zlatan for the next year or so. Rashford is more likely to be an option on the RW than a striker. He has no hold up game, and his first touch, technique is just poor for a striker. What do top strikers in the world like Suarez, Higuain, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Aguero have in common? They all have good hold up games and/or great first touch and ball control. Janssen is miles ahead in both.

I'm a United fan, and our fanbase is deluded if they think Janssen < Rashford. We just overate young English players. Not that Rashford isn't good, but Janssen is just lethal. If we had a decent DOF we would buy Janssen for peanuts and loan him off while we have Zlatan for the next year or so. Rashford is more likely to be an option on the RW than a striker. He has no hold up game, and his first touch, technique is just poor for a striker. What do top strikers in the world like Suarez, Higuain, Benzema, Ibrahimovic, Aguero have in common? They all have good hold up games and/or great first touch and ball control. Janssen is miles ahead in both.
I can guarantee that if Rashford was playing in the shite Dutch league you wouldn't be saying this.

Your so easy to dismiss Rashford it's laughable.

Not that Rashford isn't good, but Janssen is just lethal. If we had a decent DOF we would buy Janssen for peanuts and loan him off while we have Zlatan for the next year or so.

Decent season in Holland, where Depay was the standout player before we bought him. Rashford has proven himself to be talented ina much better competition. I do rate Janssen, but I think Rashford has a higher ceiling.

18 year old without a hold-up game and he's instantly declared he can't be a striker. Dear me this is funny.

I'm sorry Janssen if doesn't get you drooling in the way that spending £100m on Pogba clearly would. But then all that glitters is not gold .... and vice-versa of course.

Anyhow, you carry on with your 'galactico' pursuits and mega-bucks spending - just like the last 3 summers - and Spurs will carry on with developing the approach under Pochettino that's worked rather well so far.
Oh so 100m is true but Icardi isn't.
Gotcha.
You haven't shown examples of much Spurs clickbait but you must have got distracted by the glittering gold that is Pogba.

Rashford is homegrown English, he did in the PL at the age of 18. About Janssen? A 22 year old first time in te Eredivisie (Remember Depay) who left Feyenoord because he was deemed not good enough. No hard feelings lad, Rashford will be our Number 9 in the future.

18 year old without a hold-up game and he's instantly declared he can't be a striker. Dear me this is funny.

Technique and touch are hard to learn and his touch is underdeveloped for his age. To hold up the ball he'd have to give up some of his pace, which would make him more reliant on the close control he lacks. So you can see how anyone who has any deductive reasoning abilities wouldn't be optimistic with his potential as a world class striker. Before you go crazy at my analysis, notice i am not saying he doesn't have potential to be a great player. He has good speed, intelligence, and finishing. Which means he's got great potential as a inside forward like Martial. He just won't be a great striker worthy to start in Mourinho team at a top club like ours.

So that means short of an ancient Zlatan we have no good striker prospect and it would be smart to get a young player with the proper skill set required of a modern striker regardless of how many goals he's scored in what league.

Technique and touch are hard to learn and his touch is underdeveloped for his age. To hold up the ball he'd have to give up some of his pace, which would make him more reliant on the close control he lacks. So you can see how anyone who has any deductive reasoning abilities wouldn't be optimistic with his potential as a world class striker. Before you go crazy at my analysis, notice i am not saying he doesn't have potential to be a great player. He has good speed, intelligence, and finishing. Which means he's got great potential as a inside forward like Martial. He just won't be a great striker worthy to start in Mourinho team at a top club like ours.

So that means short of an ancient Zlatan we have no good striker prospect and it would be smart to get a young player with the proper skill set required of a modern striker regardless of how many goals he's scored in what league.

Rashford’s technique and touch underdeveloped for his age, really? I’m happy enough to have the non-good striker prospect Rashford as our backup striker.

We have a very good example in Memphis, who unplayable in eredivise before we bought him. That said, I would definitely consider Rashford to be better at the moment since he proved it in EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.