Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Mata will soon leave Manchester United and engage with Everton. Negotiating the transfer of around 25 million euros

Last edited:
We should fleece them for atleast £35m. The feckers sold us Fellaini for more than we are demanding for Mata, that is just wrong in every sense.

We are terrible at selling players for decent fees.

Any sale to another English club should be atleast worth 35m pounds. I wont mind 25m pounds to a spanish or italian club. But 25m EUROS to Everton is insanely low

It's the United/Everton cycle it seems of us selling large and you giving us your unwanted players on the 'cheap'. Tbf though he's 28 and hasn't set the world alight while at United, £21 million is quite decent on reflection. The fees for English players always make this type of deal seem like it's wildly underpriced.

It's the United/Everton cycle it seems of us selling large and you giving us your unwanted players on the 'cheap'. Tbf though he's 28 and hasn't set the world alight while at United, £21 million is quite decent on reflection. The fees for English players always make this type of deal seem like it's wildly underpriced.
It would be nice for us fans to come away with a feeling that we've got a decent price for our player for once though.

Don't really know why, it's not our money..

I mean 25m euros is around £21m. If Everton want £50m for Stones, surely we'd be getting a lot more for Mata.
Difference is Everton don't want to sell Stones and we probably want rid off Mata.

Kind of makes sense that Mata will go for less than Stones and Deeney. I mean we are obviously looking to offload Mata because he doesn't bring what we expect of him and he isn't a Mourinho type of player and we have already signed a replacement in Mkhitaryan. The price for Deeney and Stones is much higher because their clubs don't want to sell them, they are trying to hold on to them as much as they can and that obviously inflates the price.

If we'd be forced to sell a player we want to keep the price will also be steep but if you want to sell somebody you don't need anymore, the price is naturally lower. €25m is ok taking everything into consideration.

Kind of makes sense that Mata will go for less than Stones and Deeney. I mean we are obviously looking to offload Mata because he doesn't bring what we expect of him and he isn't a Mourinho type of player and we have already signed a replacement in Mkhitaryan. The price for Deeney and Stones is much higher because their clubs don't want to sell them, they are trying to hold on to them as much as they can and that obviously inflates the price.

If we'd be forced to sell a player we want to keep the price will also be steep but if you want to sell somebody you don't need anymore, the price is naturally lower. €25m is ok taking everything into consideration.
Then we should make sure our surplus went abroad then. If PL teams really rave about our players, then they should pay a fairer price. You know, like when we signed Mata from Chelsea. Mata was already benched by Mourinho, and we had to pay the club record fee at the time.

Difference is Everton don't want to sell Stones and we probably want rid off Mata.
Yes that's a valid point, but Stones has also been pushing for a move for a year so that has to be factored in aswell. Either way, we should sell to the highest bidder, or offer him to Juve for a deal with Pogba.

Not sure why people think we're going to get a better price than is being quoted. There's a reason he's been cast off from two big clubs, maybe Everton will be his level for now but he's not exactly what they're screaming for is he?

Mata is on very high wages as well. £150k per week iirc. That will factor into negotiations around the fee too. High wages,mocking off an average season and a manager that probably doesn't rate him too highly. 20-25m is probably t be expected.

Mata is on very high wages as well. £150k per week iirc. That will factor into negotiations around the fee too. High wages,mocking off an average season and a manager that probably doesn't rate him too highly. 20-25m is probably t be expected.

If its pounds then fine. Euros would be robbery

Juan Mata will soon leave Manchester United and engage with Everton. Negotiating the transfer of around 25 million euros

She's a journalist for infosport and the rumour has come form a fake Twitter account.

Nonsense. When we sold Nani for peanuts to some Turkish club, some folks here claimed it's because he's on high wages and so on. Now that same Turkish club is about to sell Nani after at least a year for almost double the price we sold him to them. I bet they'll sell Van Persie for a decent price too while we sold him for peanuts. Go figure that out.

Chelsea or Madrid sells players who they do not need and who are on high wages for very good prices every time they need to. I don't see why it should be different for United. I'm not asking Woodward to demand ridiculous prices but it should be quite decent and not just the peanuts we are used to every single time a player leaves.

People would find excuses to justify anything bad we do even silly ones. The truth is that we're pretty bad at selling players. The most annoying thing is that we're pretty bad at buying players too compared to other clubs; we get fleeced more often than not. I don't even understand why anyone should debate this.

Last edited:
Hasn't stopped Liverpool getting good resale value for Benteke

Status
Not open for further replies.