Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
More pace in attack doesn't mean we have to have pacey striker, we signed Miki who has plenty of pace.

Also if the club think Pogba is worth it who are we to argue with that?
Oh absolutely, you just beat me editing the original post as it seemed like it was still an issue when I don't think it is anymore.

True enough, but part of the deal should be the rights to recordings of every future negotiation Ed Woodward has to make when trying to sign players. The cringe comedy factor of that sitcom could rake in a fortune.

My only issues with Ibra were that the signing went against the endless calls for more pace in attack on here and the rumour of the wages, which seemed to disappear as soon as it came. The deal he's been given and the comments by him and Maureen suggest he's going to compliment the younger lads and can be surrounded by pace rather than be there instead of it.

I just don't get the hype around Pogba at all. Especially not £100m worth. Also, if we think United tax is bad now, how on earth is any club going to let us sign a player for anywhere near their worth if we spend £100m on someone?

I think most wanted more pace out wide and through the midfield as opposed to being against a #9 that can link the play without being uber quick, as you say though the whole thing seems to be more thought out as hoped, a bridge to Rashford/Martial being the long term #9 with a bit room to develop given how young they are.

Fair enough on Pogba, I think we need a CM like him and a Carrick replacement personally, looks like we are going for the dynamic CM first.

Oh absolutely, you just beat me editing the original post as it seemed like it was still an issue when I don't think it is anymore.

True enough, but part of the deal should be the rights to recordings of every future negotiation Ed Woodward has to make when trying to sign players. The cringe comedy factor of that sitcom could rake in a fortune.
If Ed is getting his own show then I want to see Liverpool transfer committee special :lol:

Are the Sun not banned yet? They clearly just make up stories for clicks.

I mean, De Gea was sent home from the Euros for a few hours last month!

Don't they have a better picture? He looks like crying there :smirk:
CmbuvP5WIAAb_um.jpg

Musa and that rabid ferret Vardy at full pelt will be a handful for any defence next season.

Real Madrid not convinced Pogba is better than Kroos or Modric.

According to the article from Google Translate, Zidane is worried that Paul's wages and position (creative midfielder) would bring disruption among the current midfield of Modric, Casemiro, and especially Tony Kroos.

According to the article from Google Translate, Zidane is worried that Paul's wages and position (creative midfielder) would bring disruption among the current midfield of Modric, Casemiro, and especially Tony Kroos.

If the article is correct (and many aren't) then Zidane would have a point. He currently has a CL winning midfield to work with and disrupting that chemistry may be a bit risky.

If the article is correct (and many aren't) then Zidane would have a point. He currently has a CL winning midfield to work with and disrupting that chemistry may be a bit risky.
IIRC he's only just convinced Perez that playing a ball winning midfielder in Casemiro, is the way forward.

ABC is a serious paper. Pogba might be worth £80m to us. But he isn't worth that to Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.