Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rejected it apparently. We're holding out for £30 million or there about. It'll be interesting to see how serious Palace are about signing him.
They do seem quite desperate for a striker with how quickly they met the required fee for Michy Batushayi so I imagine holding out would work in this case. I can only hope we get a few good deals for our unwanted players.

They do seem quite desperate for a striker with how quickly they met the required fee for Michy Batushayi so I imagine holding out would work in this case. I can only hope we get a few good deals for our unwanted players.
You need to hope that Premier League clubs come in. Clubs like Palace are throwing £30 million bids around so you'd think that United would be able to get decent fees for unwanted players. I heard one of the Liverpool based papers saying that Everton wanted Mata and possibly Blind, and they're a club with a new manager and some money to throw about.

Bit of a wonderkid on old FM versions i think? Pretty good name aswell. The £12.5m isn't even going to Granada :lol:. The rights to his registration were owned by a Pozzo investment fund. Im guessing its like paying £12.5m to a neutral account where they can fund transfers to Udinese or other partner club, maybe even Watford themselves. I guess they would be allowed to pay for scouting assignments across the globe and what have you. Just this way instead of the money coming directly from the Pozzos like before it comes from the clubs account? Im guessing anyway.

Bit of a wonderkid on old FM versions i think? Pretty good name aswell. The £12.5m isn't even going to Granada :lol:. The rights to his registration were owned by a Pozzo investment fund. Im guessing its like paying £12.5m to a neutral account where they can fund transfers to Udinese or other partner club, maybe even Watford themselves. I guess they would be allowed to pay for scouting assignments across the globe and what have you. Just this way instead of the money coming directly from the Pozzos like before it comes from the clubs account? Im guessing anyway.

Looks like he's just been hit with a baseball bat.

Seems like a standard case of the Pozzos shuffling players and money about. Probably be back in Udinese in a year or two.

Is it just me who think it is stupid that managers always pick up tons of players from their own country?
LvG for us, and Koeman, buying mainly dutch players, Conte linked to 87'ish italian players to Chelsea.
Remember when the Norwegian manager messed up Wimbledon, he had picked up several Norwegian players too.
Wenger going all out in the french market... Etc.

Pardew at Newcastle is another good example

First chelsea, then city, now watford are buying success aswell... What's wrong with this world?!

So who came flying in on the private jet in the late afternoon?!

In the Mkhitaryan thread, someone mentioned that a journalist on MUTV said he is already in Manchester but won't be signing till the weekend. Maybe they just wanted today to be Zlatan day.

Christ. After the way some people on here complain about the cost of Mkhitaryan, I'd love to see their reaction if we paid £50m for Stones. Now that is what you call overpaying.
They wouldn't complain because he's English. :)

up there with 50 million for sterling and the same for Torres as con of the Century, the scouse really know how to con you out of 50 million quid :lol:

I think they even managed to get 25 million quid for a tall belgian with big... elbows

Is it just me who think it is stupid that managers always pick up tons of players from their own country?
LvG for us, and Koeman, buying mainly dutch players, Conte linked to 87'ish italian players to Chelsea.
Remember when the Norwegian manager messed up Wimbledon, he had picked up several Norwegian players too.

How is 2 players a ton of players from own country?

Yeah they should stick with English players like Deeney, Stones and co.

Eh, I saw him a few times in the Copa America and he looked ok, but if we are going to bring in a small, quick winger on the cheap I'd much prefer Ounas.

Would Ounas be that cheap though? There's been a lot of speculation around him and other clubs which might be pushing up the price.

Anyone know anything about Lozano beyond how good he gets on FM? Apparently his Dad confirmed he's joining United after the Olympics or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.