Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delighted with this as a Watford season ticket holder. Without him the lfe and soul of the club would have disappeared. He's as Mr Watford as you could get and seeing a bunch of foreign players with no real affiliation with the club play would have put abit of a downer on it, especially seeing though most of the players are in and out of the club within 2/3 years. Troy seems convinced the owners aren't just gonna see the club as a cash cow, but they actually have intentional aspirations for europe and more it seems.

Is it just me who think it is stupid that managers always pick up tons of players from their own country?
LvG for us, and Koeman, buying mainly dutch players, Conte linked to 87'ish italian players to Chelsea.
Remember when the Norwegian manager messed up Wimbledon, he had picked up several Norwegian players too.
Wenger going all out in the french market... Etc.

£25 million isn't bad. I think this would be a good move for everyone involved as well.

Is it just me who think it is stupid that managers always pick up tons of players from their own country?
LvG for us, and Koeman, buying mainly dutch players, Conte linked to 87'ish italian players to Chelsea.
Remember when the Norwegian manager messed up Wimbledon, he had picked up several Norwegian players too.

Maybe because they know and trust players that they have worked with before or seen first hand on numerous occasions?

Maybe because they know and trust players that they have worked with before or seen first hand on numerous occasions?

Yeah, they do ofcourse know them better, but that doesn't mean they are better players.
All clubs got good scouting network.

LVG bought 2 dutch players for us, the same amount as he bought argentian players or french players

It is really mostly the press linking them with players from their own country more than it is a real thing imo

What sort of insane scattergun approach are these Chinese clubs adopting at the moment?

What logic are they following?
Going for fairly mediocre Premier league players?

Why not either go for the top ones, to really make a name for their league, or more sensibly gently build the players from top leagues, but at more sensible starting levels.

Do Watford just not like money?

It's like their owner has gone on holiday and ticked the "reject any offers for players" option.

He'll get back, do a quick review, and be like...we f'cking turned down £70m for those 2?!?

NOOOOOO

The official MU twitter posted some tweets about Zlatan being official. Surprised noone has posted them here yet. ( I can't embed tweets yet)

Yeah, it was really stupid when Wenger picked up Anelka, Petit and Vieira. Not like his inside knowledge of the emerging top class players helped him or anything
:lol:

Yeah, it was really stupid when Wenger picked up Anelka, Petit and Vieira. Not like his inside knowledge of the emerging top class players helped him or anything
:lol:

Well, ofc a big country like France have good players, which those were, but my point was that managers imo too often buy players from their own country.

Like when Ronny Deila became Celtic manager, he bought two Norwegian players.
The list goes on and on... Obviously many of them are good.

Not bad? That's a bloody excellent amount if you get it.
We rejected it apparently. We're holding out for £30 million or there about. It'll be interesting to see how serious Palace are about signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.