Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Rooney is going to China, even if we wanted to sell him. Can you imagine him there? He's got a young family, well settled in the country. It's just nothing but wishful thinking.
Those 70 year old asian women dont sell stories to newspapers, though. Might be the perfect hide out for him.

Yeah, we're gonna give Rooney a testimonial three days before the start of the season and then send him packing to China :lol:

There's no way Rooney is going to China, even if we wanted to sell him. Can you imagine him there? He's got a young family, well settled in the country. It's just nothing but wishful thinking.
That's the case with most players at the latter end of their career who go to China. They all have a family and kids.

Captain Rooney in the pivot with Fellaini next season. Rooney will be Mou's Fabregas and Fellaini his Matic.

:drool:

Captain Rooney in the pivot with Fellaini next season. Rooney will be Mou's Fabregas and Fellaini his Matic.

:drool:

With Depay on a false 9 and Young/Wilson on either flank :drool:

Rooney is 5 goals away from becoming our top scorer. Add to that, he wants to continue playing for England. There is no way he'd want to leave.
Ther's more chance of us signing Ronaldo/Bale than him leaving

Considering that Chinese clubs value Ighalo and Hulk in £40-50m range then we should atleast get £250k for Rooney.

Seriousness aside, I doubt Rooney, a family man, would move to China for some extra bucks. Unless his recent trip with Jet2 was his way of saying that he feels underpaid.

Considering that Chinese clubs value Ighalo and Hulk in £40-50m range then we should atleast get £250k for Rooney.

Seriousness aside, I doubt Rooney, a family man, would move to China for some extra bucks. Unless his recent trip with Jet2 was his way of saying that he feels underpaid.

Seriousness aside? So you value rooney at 250k?

Rooney won't leave for China even for high wages, if he leaves United it'll be MLS or back to Everton.

Not a chance Rooney leaves for China,

He can just about handle English let alone Mandarin.

Rooney to China, while unlikely, is not quite the impossible dream people make out.

United will obviously accept any decent offer they get for him and I'm sure Stretford would push for the move for obvious financial reasons. Rooney himself won't be keen but if Mourinho tells him the privileged position he has enjoyed for the last three seasons is going to end then I think he might opt to leave rather than wait to be dropped. In that case he will be looking for somewhere that can match or better his current insane salary and China is one of the few the place that can.

So, yeah, the chances of it happening are slim but it's not totally absurd.

Probably true in that the Chinese clubs are interested (based on their recent signings, why not, as at least he'd still be effective on a semi-world class level), but as others have said, I doubt Rooney would do it, at least not yet. If he was honest with himself, he'd know it would be a gigantic payday that he won't get from anyone else, but he probably figures he has at least 1 or 2 yrs of high PL-level play in him. Wouldn't blame him for staying, hoping for another run at the PL & maybe CL, but I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy if he took the jump now. More sad than anything.

We should be all over that Dahoud guy, he is too good to be playing for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.