Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing compelling about Chelsea at the moment. They are a team in need of a complete rehaul with players who don't quite seem to be there at the moment: Courtois, Costa, Hazard. Live in London? Kante? Ha. Definitely not the type. Very far from it actually. He'll earn just as much everywhere else. There will be no lack of offers. Manchester United is not run by idiots, Kante is the type of player that cannot be allowed to go to any other club in the Premier League. We did it before. Chelsea did it during their heyday. We might as well do it again. We're definitely regaining momentum and we have quite a few French players already bedding in. He would displace anyone in United's midfield. Anyone.

He should stay at Leicester.
Are you his father? How do you know what he likes? You're basing everything off very weak conjecture.

There's nothing compelling about Chelsea at the moment. They are a team in need of a complete rehaul with players who don't quite seem to be there at the moment: Courtois, Costa, Hazard. Live in London? Kante? Ha. Definitely not the type. Very far from it actually. He'll earn just as much everywhere else. There will be no lack of offers. Manchester United is not run by idiots, Kante is the type of player that cannot be allowed to go to any other club in the Premier League. We did it before. Chelsea did it during their heyday. We might as well do it again. We're definitely regaining momentum and we have quite a few French players already bedding in. He would displace anyone in United's midfield. Anyone.

He should stay at Leicester.
Nothing compelling about Chelsea? Play under Conte? Play alongside Hazard, Costa, Wiliian, Courtois, and Fabregas? Play in London for one of the biggest clubs in Europe? Earn fantastic wages? Be a key cog in a side with huge ambition?

Not to mention the other players we'll be bringing in. We don't need a complete overhaul at all. We actually need about the same amount of retooling as United do.

Nothing compelling about Chelsea? Play under Conte? Play alongside Hazard, Costa, Wiliian, Courtois, and Fabregas? Play in London for one of the biggest clubs in Europe? Earn fantastic wages? Be a key cog in a side with huge ambition?

Not to mention the other players we'll be bringing in. We don't need a complete overhaul at all. We actually need about the same amount of retooling as United do.

A manager that's not even there yet? That's a stupid decision in general. Same thing happened with Van Gaal. I personally do not like to wait for a manager to show up late during transfer season.

You think Chelsea wins when it comes to matters of magnitude in direct comparison to United and Real Madrid?

Courtois, Hazard and Costa who seem quite keen on playing elsewhere?

A manager that's not even there yet? That's a stupid decision in general. Same thing happened with Van Gaal. I personally do not like to wait for a manager to show up late during transfer season.

You think Chelsea wins when it comes to matters of magnitude in direct comparison to United and Real Madrid?

Courtois, Hazard and Costa who seem quite keen on playing elsewhere?
Neither Pep nor Mou are "there" yet either and are signing star players. And yes, I do think Chelsea can compete directly with United and Real Madrid. Fabregas and Hazard are two recent examples. Both were wanted by United and other massive clubs. Maybe not this summer but in general, yes.

Courtois and Hazard are going nowhere, btw. Even if Costa goes we'll sign an adequate replacement.

You seem to be thinking Chelsea is a complete spent force after a single poor season. That we're suddenly Liverpool. We just won the league a year ago.

Neither Pep nor Mou are "there" yet either and are signing star players. And yes, I do think Chelsea can compete directly with United and Real Madrid. Fabregas and Hazard are two recent examples. Both were wanted by United and other massive clubs. Maybe not this summer but in general, yes.

Courtois and Hazard are going nowhere, btw. Even if Costa goes we'll sign an adequate replacement.

You seem to be thinking Chelsea is a complete spent force after a single poor season. That we're suddenly Liverpool. We just won the league a year ago.

For what is worth, i think Chelsea is nowhere near spent. However, I think you guys are in similar position to what we have been through ( to a much lesser extend). You have very good players but also some dead weight. Realistically, I expect a success would be top 4 this season and a full transfer summer next year. Obviously, under- and over-performance is not out of the question.

For what is worth, i think Chelsea is nowhere near spent. However, I think you guys are in similar position to what we have been through ( to a much lesser extend). You have very good players but also some dead weight. Realistically, I expect a success would be top 4 this season and a full transfer summer next year. Obviously, under- and over-performance is not out of the question.
Spot on. Top 4 is the goal establishing Conte's style and methods.

I'm not saying spent force. I'm saying, based on the context, not as compelling. The London argument is naught based on the player's character.

Guardiola and Mourinho are not focusing on their national teams at the moment.

You're not in any European competition, you don't offer the same prestige. Neither are we, well not really, still a Mickey Mouse cup. Real Madrid are a far better proposition. Second comes United although Arsenal should really be in for him. He'd be a game changer, but for some reason, they seem to have removed themselves.

As of right now, Chelsea are not in an enviable competitive position in the market. But perhaps things will pan out. Just don't think that those yesteryear occurrences will happen again. Won't be able to compete financially anymore since United's sudden disregard for spending and wages nor in terms of a 'project', since Mourinho, is a known quantity and already here, dare I say, where he's always dreamt of being.

I'm not saying spent force. I'm saying, based on the context, not as compelling. The London argument is naught based on the player's character.

Guardiola and Mourinho are not focusing on their national teams at the moment.

You're not in any European competition, you don't offer the same prestige. Neither are we, well not really, still a Mickey Mouse cup. Real Madrid are a far better proposition. Second comes United although Arsenal should really be in for him. He'd be a game changer, but for some reason, they seem to have removed themselves.

As of right now, Chelsea are not in an enviable competitive position in the market. But perhaps things will pan out. Just don't think that those yesteryear occurrences will happen again. Won't be able to compete financially anymore since United's sudden disregard for spending and wages nor in terms of a 'project', since Mourinho, is a known quantity and already here, dare I say, where he's always dreamt of being.
On the contrary, mate, we'll be able to compete financially even more so then we were able to before. New PL money, new stadium soon, and we're about to sign a ridiculous shirt sponsorship with Nike that's second in value only to yours.

You're right in the sense that we won't be going out and breaking world records like Real Madrid and United probably will do, but money won't be an issue for us. As Leicester proved last season, that's not everything.

I won't clog up this thread anymore with this discussion so I suppose we'll see who's right.

There's no way Rooney is going to China, even if we wanted to sell him. Can you imagine him there? He's got a young family, well settled in the country. It's just nothing but wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.