Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Watford fight relegation for being stupid. Make them sweat because big money clearly doesn't.

Why would they sell their best players, when the money you get from staying in the Premier league is this insane?

I doubt it's that easy to find replacements of the right quality.

I hope Watford fight relegation for being stupid. Make them sweat because big money clearly doesn't.

At face value it does look stupid. But when you consider that the goals Deeney and Ighalo scored last season were a major factor in them staying in the premier league. And with the new tv deal, premier league clubs are set to bank approx 80 million a season, so when you factor that in, you can kinda see where they are coming from.

At face value it does look stupid. But when you consider that the goals Deeney and Ighalo scored last season were a major factor in them staying in the premier league. And with the new tv deal, premier league clubs are set to bank approx 80 million a season, so when you factor that in, you can kinda see where they are coming from.
Ighalo's run of form struck me as exactly the kinds of runs we see from one player or another from a mid-table club every season. Not at all convinced he'll come close to replicating it next year. Deenay I get a little more; he's their captain, he's been there for years. Frankly though, given the amount of business Watford did last summer, it's pretty baffling they haven't cashed in.

Ighalo's run of form struck me as exactly the kinds of runs we see from one player or another from a mid-table club every season. Not at all convinced he'll come close to replicating it next year. Deenay I get a little more; he's their captain, he's been there for years. Frankly though, given the amount of business Watford did last summer, it's pretty baffling they haven't cashed in.

I can only assume they think they have got a settled front 2 who have formed a good partnership and don't want to risk breaking it up when the tv money is worth more for staying up. Personally, I think they are mad not to cash in but if they believe it's their best chance of staying up, I can understand that too. Time will tell I guess.

Dear god just think we could sell Rooney to China and pay for an overpriced Pogba and Mkhitaryan with the funds...what a world we live in.

Rebuild their strike force? They can buy a whole new XI with that kind of money and have money left over to take care of some debt.
Not in today market concerning PL clubs. PL teams come knocking for a certain and and the price skyrockets, despite the club may have accepted less for the same player if it's non PL clubs.

Where is our Chinese offer for Fellaini though?

Last edited:
So, you don't trust people saying we are after Neymar if it's about Watford being stupid, everyone believes it...

Kicker about Rodriguez (Swiss left back) and Luis Gustavo from Wolfsburg... the report says that both have release clauses (€25m each) which expire at midnight today. This is rather interesting in the case of Rodriguez, surely some club would pay €25m for his services? That's a bargain in today's market! No wonder Arsenal were linked.
Report also says that interested clubs want to negotiate the fee down, that's why no one paid the clause yet.

Darren Lewis (Mirror): Crystal Palace have signed Andros Townsend from Newcastle on a five-year deal. Announcement to be made this morning. More @MirrorFootball

Seems an odd one the Nolito signing. Is he really better than what they have in the wide areas already or is it more to do with the style of play he is trying to introduce and trusts Nolito in that system? 29 is fairly old for an out and out winger.

Strange considering that Krychowiak has been available for a while.

Seems an odd one the Nolito signing. Is he really better than what they have in the wide areas already or is it more to do with the style of play he is trying to introduce and trusts Nolito in that system? 29 is fairly old for an out and out winger.
Yeah, I think he was very good last season and relatively cheap, considering. Agree with his age though. He's definitely an upgrade on Navas and Sterling, but he's not anywhere near the "calibre" of player Pep is used to having in attack.

Not getting Pogba if this is true... that would be an odd signing.
Hahaha, I'm quoting you again WH! ;)

I think Diarra might be a replacement/competition to Schneiderlin - so instead of signing someone like Kante, we'll be getting Diarra. I don't think his position impacts the signing of someone like Pogba, not that I think we'll get him, mind.

But yeah, with Carrick and Schneiderlin in the team, I can't see the need for him unless the Schneiderlin to Everton rumors have some truth in them.

WTF! Manchester United & Chelsea have submitted formal offers for Lassana Diarra, according to BeIN Sports

morgan replaces diarra on the france national team, diarra replace morgan in the Man Utd squad. full circle

Not getting Pogba if this is true... that would be an odd signing.

Pogba is not a DMC and arguably needs someone to do a lot of the hard work behind him, and I'm not convinced Morgan/Carrick/Blind are capable of doing that sort of work, so Diarra actually makes a lot of sense. He's also played for Jose before at Chelsea and Madrid (though not much as a starter it seems). There's logic behind it, but I'm not convinced.

morgan replaces diarra on the france national team, diarra replace morgan in the Man Utd squad. full circle

We also have carrick so I dunno. We were linked earlier in the summer but I just can't see it. If Jose wants lots of options then I suppose it's possible but time will tell.

Hahaha, I'm quoting you again WH! ;)

I think Diarra might be a replacement/competition to Schneiderlin - so instead of signing someone like Kante, we'll be getting Diarra. I don't think his position impacts the signing of someone like Pogba, not that I think we'll get him, mind.

But yeah, with Carrick and Schneiderlin in the team, I can't see the need for him unless the Schneiderlin to Everton rumors have some truth in them.
Not necessarily Schneiderlin is moving. It's the role. Schneiderlin after last season performance is not the deep lying midfielder. I could said the same about Kante who only has few games in this deep laying role for France replacing the injured Larssana Diarra. Kante did Okay for first few games but showed inexperience in the Ireland game. Mourinho preferred a deep lying midfielder. Our best is Carrick on his last legs. Bastian again is more Modric role than a deep lying midfielder.

Edit: forgot about Blind. However, I personally don't rate his screening, defensive attribute for this position. He has this tendencies pressing and left his positions from time and time while he is a weak tackle (in the defensive midfielder). He often got overrun in midfield in his first season while doing this weird pressing.

Yes. He suited the tactic Pep wanted to use. I discussed a bit about Pep style in the Sterling's thread, where I pointed out Sterling bone look of it, lacks tactical understanding and discipline at the moment. Pep would need a safe card while hoping Sterling can learn over the time.

Not necessarily Schneiderlin is moving. It's the role. Schneiderlin after last season performance is not the deep lying midfielder. I could said the same about Kante who only has few games in this deep laying role for France replacing the injured Larssana Diarra. Kante did Okay for first few games but showed inexperience in the Ireland game. Mourinho preferred a deep lying midfielder. Our best is Carrick on his last legs. Bastian again is more Modric role than a deep lying midfielder.

Yes. He suited the tactic Pep wanted to use. I discussed a bit about Pep style in the Sterling's thread, where I pointed out Sterling bone look of it, lacks tactical understanding and discipline at the moment. Pep would need a safe card while hoping Sterling can learn over the time.
I've probably seen too little of Lassana Diarra because I didn't think he was a deep lying playmaker at all. More of a direct DM/destroyer type footballer, as in a direct replacement for Kante/Schneiderlin.

It is the 31 year old Lassana Diarra of ex Madrid/Chelsea/Portsmouth fame, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.