Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's rumoured business really doesn't have me quaking in my boots.
Yup. They seem to be doing their business quickly, but the signings and the players they have been linked with aren't exactly what I was expecting.
They needed to replace their entire back 4(bar Kompany, but he is old and generally unfit), Yaya, get a log term successor to Silva, add depth and maybe replace Hart and Sterling.
They have signed Gundogan(good but struggling with injuries), Nolito (good but not the most ambitious signing) and have been linked with Stones(makes too many mistakes) and Sane (won't make instant impact, more of a long term signing )

I've probably seen too little of Lassana Diarra because I didn't think he was a deep lying playmaker at all. More of a direct DM/destroyer type footballer, as in a direct replacement for Kante/Schneiderlin.

It is the 31 year old Lassana Diarra of ex Madrid/Chelsea/Portsmouth fame, right?
Yes. The same one that Mourinho didn't rate when he played more of Kante esque early in his career. He has aged well and being a very good deep lying midfielder. I don't call him a deep lying play maker. He is more like a Makelele role than Kante who is more Keane's role. For Makelele role Larssana Diarra was definitely better player than Kante. Larssana is the first choice for France in this role before his injury. He is more disciplined and experienced now. He screens the area before the CB well and doesn't get caught off position into the action like Kane vs Ireland while also provide high combat, ball winning rate.

Yes. The same one that Mourinho didn't rate when he played more of Kante esque early in his career. He has aged well and being a very good deep lying midfielder. I don't call him a deep lying play maker. He is more like a Makelele role than Kante who is more Keane's role. For Makelele role Larssana Diarra was definitely better player than Kante. Larssana is the first choice for France in this role before his injury. He is more disciplined and experienced now. He screens the area before the CB well and doesn't get caught off position into the action like Kane vs Ireland while also provide high combat, ball winning rate.
Thanks ti vu. I must say, I haven't followed him since he left Madrid for Anzhi, iirc. At 31, he might bring in a bit of experience but it would be a bit of a short term signing. Ibrahimovich I can understand, due to his talent and our lack of options combined. But we seem stacked in the midfield area, especially with Schwein and Carrick already there, providing the experience.

But I'm sure there'll be a couple of casualties. Anyway, interested to see how this rumor develops.

I wonder how much he gets paid each week.

How much is Messi and Ronaldo on? It surely is something silly.

Probably not as silly as Hulk's £320,000-a-week deal in China.

I'd wager that both Messi and Ronnie is on more than 300k\week. But you are right, for a player like Hulk that is downright silly.

Please stop with these tweets about Townsend. We know already that he goes to Palace.

:lol:. Can't be real can it? Look like Bayern is taking a piss on Arsenal the way this tweet sounds.

Thanks ti vu. I must say, I haven't followed him since he left Madrid for Anzhi, iirc. At 31, he might bring in a bit of experience but it would be a bit of a short term signing. Ibrahimovich I can understand, due to his talent and our lack of options combined. But we seem stacked in the midfield area, especially with Schwein and Carrick already there, providing the experience.

But I'm sure there'll be a couple of casualties. Anyway, interested to see how this rumor develops.

In the first post (which I outed yours), I explained we only have 2 deep lying players for deep single pivot system which Mourinho prefers. Other options we have are more of suitable for higher up the pitch or deep double pivot system. Carrick won't last long or can be reliable for a season long at his age. Blind doesn't look like up to Mourinho's standard for this role.

Lassana Diarra career has a similar pattern to Scholes. Talented young player but lack experience in early age to be relied on as the corner stone midfielder general (Keane was our general throughout Scholes's early to near late 20s). When being more experienced, hit with inconsistency during supposed normally prime age. Return in early 30s with true prime and a force to be reckoned. I do see Mourinho will sign one new deep lying midfielder. So far having heard rumor a out lassana Diarra and Matic.

I watched big (name) games in French league, Lassana Diarra really merits the position in France squad and the recognition this year (in the best XI of Ligue 1)

Last edited:
Please stop with these tweets about Townsend. We know already that he goes to Palace.

Simply scroll past the tweets you don't want to see. I posted the BBC one as it is pretty much 'official'. Take a deep breathe and know that it is Zlatan day :)

Assuming 45% tax rate, his contract is over 430k pounds per week then! :eek:

Holy shit. That probably means Messi is on even more, since he no way would accept Neymar getting more than him. Not that Messi bothers with taxes though.

It's a matter of time before Barcelona adopts the "loan with an option to buy" Italian strategy.

Simply scroll past the tweets you don't want to see. I posted the BBC one as it is pretty much 'official'. Take a deep breathe and know that it is Zlatan day :)

Thanks for your posts, mate. I appreciate them.

I swear, they are the cheapest bastards ever. Kante is available for a stingy release price of 20 million and is incredible value for quality and still Juve are looking to chop some coins off the bottom line..... ffs.
They could have wrapped up Mascherano signing by now if they paid 5 mil (Euro?), but decided to penny picking. Stingy bastards.

I swear, they are the cheapest bastards ever. Kante is available for a stingy release price of 20 million and is incredible value for quality and still Juve are looking to chop some coins off the bottom line..... ffs.
In fairness Leicester have been reported a few times to hold an interest in Lemina, so if Juventus don't want him (despite only just paying 9.5m Euros for him) then I guess it makes sense.

I have some unrational dislike for Juventus. Their stingy attitude really gets me. In the meanwhile if anyone dare to think about buying one of their players they are held to a king's ransom.

That's why they're still pretty loaded. They're pretty astute when it comes to making deals.

I have some unrational dislike for Juventus. Their stingy attitude really gets me. In the meanwhile if anyone dare to think about buying one of their players they are held to a king's ransom.

I don't like Juve. Their dominance of the Italian league bothers me. My childhood and early teens are consumed with AC Milan's success of the late 80's and early/mid 90's, and so I'm dying for AC Milan to wake up and take that mantle back. It's long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.