Television Suits

Also thought it was a meh season opener... and yet, weirdly, it did leave me wanting to watch the next episode... despite nothing that interesting happening at all.

My favourite dick moment of the week was when Louis, hero that he is, came up with a great solution to Zane and Harvey's problem of big clients on their books, and neither of the two thanked him nor shook his hand after... cnuts.

Also thought it was a meh season opener... and yet, weirdly, it did leave me wanting to watch the next episode... despite nothing that interesting happening at all.

My favourite dick moment of the week was when Louis, hero that he is, came up with a great solution to Zane and Harvey's problem of big clients on their books, and neither of the two thanked him nor shook his hand after... cnuts.
Same.

Maybe because they got rid of the Harvey in command nonsense and now he can focus on cases, which was when the show was at its best? Although if it's Heigl taking Mike's place on them then... ugh.

Has anyone noticed there seems to be more swearing on this show? I’m not one to be offended by that but I just can’t recall there ever being all that much. I think they sort of suggested at it but somehow they cut it short. Now F bombs getting dropped by the Legend that is Luis frequently.

Has anyone noticed there seems to be more swearing on this show? I’m not one to be offended by that but I just can’t recall there ever being all that much. I think they sort of suggested at it but somehow they cut it short. Now F bombs getting dropped by the Legend that is Luis frequently.
It's because American cable broadcasters have become a lot more lenient on swearing in the last few years. Used to never allow it for fear of advertiser's pulling from them but it seems they've realised the benefits of showing more mature content to compete with the likes of HBO and Netflix.

Fundamentally, I don’t think the show’s writers know how to write female characters.

It's better than hearing 'god damn' every couple of minutes :lol:

Having not seen this show before, how many of the seasons should I commit to watching before it regresses?

The first couple of seasons are excellent. A lot of people think it tails off pretty aggressively after that but I've always enjoyed it because some of the characters are fantastic.

The first couple of seasons are excellent. A lot of people think it tails off pretty aggressively after that but I've always enjoyed it because some of the characters are fantastic.

I checked the iMDB for the individual episode ratings over the seasons! It's all 8.5-9.7 in every season, which makes me think that the people scoring it high in latter seasons are only doing so because they're hardcore fans at that point.

Having not seen this show before, how many of the seasons should I commit to watching before it regresses?

Maybe two. Basically stop the moment you begin to find all the soap-esque drama annoying, it only ever gets worse.

I also think the initial quality is overstated. It was a decent case of the week kind of show, but it never had any shred of subtlety and the writing (characters) was kind of (GODDAMN!!!) dumb from the start.

I’ve got a severe issue with this weeks ep.
Surely any mugger worth his salt would have asked for Lewis’s watch along with wallet and phone. That’s just poor mugsmanship

I’m hoping for a Lewis vs Harvey sparring match with Lewis effectively becoming Chuck Norris under KH’s training.
Sort of waiting for it to go in it’s direction for the season, still seems like they are teasing a few different paths to go down. Lewis is the man.

This is pretty much unwatchable now. There's absolutely no jeopardy whatsoever. Everything is sorted within one episode and no one seems to get any real storyline beyond Harvey marching into people's offices and screaming "You're damn right I do" in people's faces, usually before they've had a chance to say anything. Also the whole Samantha v Alex thing was genuinely awful.
But not to worry, after they spent a whole season ratcheting up the tension as to who'd get named partner, they both got it and it turns out no one gave a shit after all. Also Louis is now managing partner but now he doesn't give a shit because he got his awful girlfriend pregnant.
And I'm pretty sure Katrina is one of those new sex robots. Or just a normal robot.

This is pretty much unwatchable now. There's absolutely no jeopardy whatsoever. Everything is sorted within one episode and no one seems to get any real storyline beyond Harvey marching into people's offices and screaming "You're damn right I do" in people's faces, usually before they've had a chance to say anything. Also the whole Samantha v Alex thing was genuinely awful.
But not to worry, after they spent a whole season ratcheting up the tension as to who'd get named partner, they both got it and it turns out no one gave a shit after all. Also Louis is now managing partner but now he doesn't give a shit because he got his awful girlfriend pregnant.
And I'm pretty sure Katrina is one of those new sex robots. Or just a normal robot.

I just hate the way Donna appears from nowhere about 47 times an episode to interrupt a conversation.

But yeah, it's really quite bad now. The show misses Jessica badly.

I'll stick with it, mind.

Enjoyed the latest episode but am hoping that this really does see the end of the office politics and the name partner nonsense. Hopefully Katrina will be in it more going forward, ideally at the expense of Alex who is really rather dull.

This is the stupidest stuff. That whole thing about the guy coming after them and causing this problem and by the end of the episode it is just never mind, he dead. Like damn, they aren't even putting any thought into it.
Is he dead tho? Or faked his death to come back at a later time and stick the screws to them.

I think I have finally gave up on this, I have downloaded this season but haven't bothered watching yet. Probably a good decision?