Steven Gerrard | Al-Ettifaq Manager

Smithy89

Awful manager, no idea how he ended up with a job in the prem.

I’m loving my life

We need him to get the Liverpool job

Are there any Birmingham-based reds who can put PEDs in the water supply for a few months?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I just noticed that QPR are in 4th, only 3 points behind Norwich. Apparently they’ve been pretty good recently. Is that the proof needed (along with how guff Villa have been this season) that Gerrard relies heavily on his coaching staff and as an individual he’s pretty meh?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I just noticed that QPR are in 4th, only 3 points behind Norwich. Apparently they’ve been pretty good recently. Is that the proof needed (along with how guff Villa have been this season) that Gerrard relies heavily on his coaching staff and as an individual he’s pretty meh?
Emi Martinez said in a pre season interview on our website Gerrard does no coaching whatsoever on the training ground.

Pound for pound I know who out of Gerrard and Lampard is getting more out of their respective squads by quite a distance.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yes.

Worth highlighting though that modern management is about building a strong behind-the-scenes team and carving out your managerial role accordingly. Gerrard did that perfectly at Rangers - built on his reputation as a player he brought gravitas and credibility to the club, attracting better players, and did the front-facing stuff - such as dealing with the media and players - well. And he recognised where he needed help by bringing in a tactical and coaching guru in Beale, which was an astute move and part of being an effective modern manager.

But, aye, he has to fill that gap again now at Villa. I still think it's fairly early to write him off, but I don't think he's capable enough to over-perform to the extent that Potter did, which means he'll be stuck in the mid-table no-mans land which means you're only ever a few games away from the sack.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm also going to go with 'shit'.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can he last long enough for us to sack him? That would be delicious.

Edit: Hold on, we're playing these twice in quick succession just before the WC. Double the opportunity to stick the knife in

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I honestly think Remi Garde would be getting better results with this squad
Gerrard has made me not care about what’s going on at our club anymore.

His arrogance and inability to do the job that he is paid £6m every year to do is incredible.

Every day that he is in charge is another day wasted by our ambitious owners.
Their fans aren’t happy that’s for sure. But they have to deal with the Gerrard media love in.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Were there boos at the end of the Forest/AV game?
I just watched the end again and didn’t hear any but I read somewhere that there were boos and the TB broadcast muffled them. Tin foil hat-stuff?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Were there boos at the end of the Forest/AV game?
I just watched the end again and didn’t hear any but I read somewhere that there were boos and the TB broadcast muffled them. Tin foil hat-stuff?
Yes their fans were chanting Gerard Out. They seem to think they can get Poch.

GlasgowCeltic

Funny hearing Carra use the gentlest most roundabout terms possible to basically say Gerrard plays Oleball, no ideas going forward, just hope someone does something

poleglass red

Funny hearing Carra use the gentlest most roundabout terms possible to basically say Gerrard plays Oleball, no ideas going forward, just hope someone does something
and the stick Utd pundits got for not sticking the boot into Ole, Carragher is in the same spot now with his mate.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This is a paragraph from an article Carragher wrote about Gerrard and his early season struggles at Villa back in early September. The bit in bold is disrespectful to Aston Villa as a club IMO.

''Villa lost stardust on the pitch when Jack Grealish joined Manchester City. With Gerrard, they have it on the touchline. With respect to Smith, Gerrard’s appointment elevated Villa’s profile to a global stage.''

Strootman's Finger

This is a paragraph from an article Carragher wrote about Gerrard and his early season struggles at Villa back in early September. The bit in bold is disrespectful to Aston Villa as a club IMO.

''Villa lost stardust on the pitch when Jack Grealish joined Manchester City. With Gerrard, they have it on the touchline. With respect to Smith, Gerrard’s appointment elevated Villa’s profile to a global stage.''
Scousers, overestimating their stature in the football world. Gerrard wasted his career playing for a shite club (differnt times). This is why he will be a club legend, but not a footballing legend. He isn't raising a club like Villa's stature, young football fans, other than liverpool, probably aren't overly impressed by a guy that played for a midtable club and never really performed consistently for England.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
and the stick Utd pundits got for not sticking the boot into Ole, Carragher is in the same spot now with his mate.
I think it was only really Neville due to the hypocrisy of it (that said I'm surprised no one's demanding Carragher starts practicing what he preaches either).

He bangs on like how it's immoral to want a manager sacked but does it himself and is now joining Labour to try and help (rightly) get the Tories out of Downing Street.

It's appears like he picks and chooses when it's acceptable to be held accountable for being shit at your job.

poleglass red

I think it was only really Neville due to the hypocrisy of it (that said I'm surprised no one's demanding Carragher starts practicing what he preaches either).

He bangs on like how it's immoral to want a manager sacked but does it himself and is now joining Labour to try and help (rightly) get the Tories out of Downing Street.

It's appears like he picks and chooses when it's acceptable to be held accountable for being shit at your job.
Keane and Scholes both got stick as well. He's in a different position now though Carragher, Liverpool have been a in mostly a good spot now for a few years, although for a side as good as they are/were, they didn't win as many PL's as they should have. They are struggling right now, Klopps tactics now being questioned publicly by press and even himself admitting teams now know to play his sides. Carragher lauds VVD and rightly so, he has been a revelation, but even he now, post injury, hasn't been anywhere near the player he was. Now with Stevie Me struggling, Carragher finding himself in a position he hasn't been in, in recent years. He's tiptoeing around it right now, probably hoping Liverpool turn their season around, and they have the players that could go on a run, but I think his good pal is on very shaky ground at Villa.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

Yeah that's nonsense. They weren't signing Gerrard the player.

Robbie Boy

His football mirrors the same unimaginative, meaningless shite, that we were served under Ole.

Posh Red

I think a lot of people misunderstand Neville’s point on sacking managers. He’s not a complete idiot that doesn’t understand that sometimes a manager change is necessary. He just prefers not to stoke the fire in such circumstances, rightly or wrongly.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Really need him to put a good six months together to replace Klopp. If he does that to the end of the season the press and Dippers will lube up like crazy and say that he has re-instilled the passion of Istanball into Villa, so image what he can do with his beloved Dippers. Then they'll spend the best part of 5 years' finding ways not to sack him.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He will only takeover liverpool if the ownership accept a barren period of a few years.

North American sports do this all the time - hire a team legend (or friendly face fans will love) to soften a few years of shite. United did it. Liverpool did it before too, Newcastle, etc.

Liverpool still have a class back 5 and some class attacking options. Will they build on this or accept a rebuild? Time will tell. It will take money though and without a coutinho type influx of cash I'm not sure a war chest will be open after Nunez.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are Villa fans Stevie Me out? Most of their fans on twitter appear to have had enough of him.