Film Star Wars

Disney own marvel and Pixar film rights and they have both produced good and very good movies. I'm quietly confident this could be super.

I can't decide whether I want it to be great or really shite. I think I'd enjoy both to be honest.

I wonder where in the saga the new films will be set

Lucas originally planned to make a trilogy 30 years after episode 6 so I would imagine then, a lot of books have been made set in this time about Luke training his sister and Han Solo's kids in the Jedi arts ( I think one may of been a bit dark)

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems the plan is to release Episodes 7-9 and then release a new film every 2-3 years after that. They'll milk it until they ruin the franchise.

I wonder if they'll let Pixar do a film?

Now, that bit does make me worry. How can they possibly think that far ahead? To avoid fan outrage they had better focus on making Episode 7 a worthy addition to the franchise, and then take it from there. I do agree with them them that the pent up demand is still there for the whole Star Wars universe. But I still couldn't imagine them making new movies, until now. We had the original trilogy, we had the prequels and now it looks like the sequels are coming.

I'm excited because there are plenty more stories to be told. But this needs to be handled carefully with good scriptwriters and direct involvement from George Lucas.

Its already been sold, some regulatory body has to give the nod to the acquisition.

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems the plan is to release Episodes 7-9 and then release a new film every 2-3 years after that. They'll milk it until they ruin the franchise.

I wonder if they'll let Pixar do a film?

Can't wait for the Buzz Lightyear vs Darth Vader deathmatch.

The part about movies every 2-3 years after episode 9 is a bit worrying a new star wars trilogy kind of seems like it should be a treat you have to wait for, although I may not mind so much if they make stand alone movies that distances the movies from episodes 1-9 set in the same universe. That way they could make the movies set in any era of the star wars movies without worrying about episode numbers with the episodes 1-9 been about the era of the Skywalker family and staying seperate from other movies for example a movie about Bobba Fett been a bounty hunter in that galaxy.

Btw, there's already been other films in the Star Wars universe. I remember seeing an Ewok one called Caravan of Courage donkeys years ago.

They should make the Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy [Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command] into a few movies, I enjoyed that one back in high school.

Btw, there's already been other films in the Star Wars universe. I remember seeing an Ewok one called Caravan of Courage donkeys years ago.

There was also The Holiday Special between A New Hope & The Empire Strikes Back which was so bad George Lucas banned it from been shown again.

"I get asked all the time, 'What happens after Return of the Jedi?,' and there really is no answer for that. The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."

So assuming its an all new cast who would be your choice for; Luke, Leia and Han?

Shia Lebouff, Kirsten Stewart and Nick Cage would be hilarious

Disney could have paid off our country's debt and still have 1 billion dollars left over :(

First screenshot has been leaked:

223665_10151113568712073_944631382_n.jpg

It'll probably be so terrible that in 30 years time we'll look back on the prequels and the Phantom Menace will be topping all-time great lists. I'll give it a chance though and if Harrison Ford comes back it could be good. I'm not into all that extended universe stuff so can anyone explain what happens next?

So assuming its an all new cast who would be your choice for; Luke, Leia and Han?

Shia Lebouff, Kirsten Stewart and Nick Cage would be hilarious

Don't think it will be a all new cast, I think most of the original cast will return but with the exception of Harrison Ford & Mark Hammil they will have smaller roles

Nicholas Cage has to be involved. Tommy Wiseau too.

Stevel Seagal should play Han Solo. And get Denzel Washington in to play that black dude who destroyed the Death Star! Di Caprio can play Luke if it's further in the future and if not then Shia LeBeouf can do it!

And the sequel battle for endor :D

Of the 6 already made, 4 are pretty much shite so I won't get my hopes up.

Also, will this be live action or a cartoon?

You've got to love a bit of return of the Jedi with the canibal ewoks!

You've got to love a bit of return of the Jedi with the canibal ewoks!

I think it's underrated myself. ROTJ is nearly as good as Empire and it's nearly my favourite of the lot. Ewoks get a bad rep but they're a tough bunch.

I loved the first three, Ewoks or not.

I don't know why people got annoyed about violent teddy bears in a world where people swing UV dildo's around at each other. In fact, that's pretty realistic for this world, that might be the biggest gripe against a Sci-fi.

I loved the first three, Ewoks or not.

I don't know why people got annoyed about violent teddy bears in a world where people swing UV dildo's around at each other. In fact, that's pretty realistic for this world, that might be the biggest gripe against a Sci-fi.

They didn't give Chewie a medal at the end of ROTJ. feck George Lucas and feck ROTJ.

I used to rent ROTJ out of the video shop all the friggin' time when I was a kid, I bloody loved it (still do).

I've always thought ROTJ was the weakest out of the original trilogy but as it's the greatest trilogy ever made thats not to say I don't think it is great.

Thats if you can still call it a trilogy and not just refer to Star Wars as a saga now.

For the love of God I hope that they base 7-8-9 off either the Zahn Trawn books or the Rogue Squadron Books.

I'd actually prefer the Rogue squadron ones because Corran Horn and Wedge were the main characters and there wouldn't be the issue of 'x is a shit luke skywalker'

Apparently Timothy Zahn has already been contacted and the trilogy will continue Luke, Leia and Han's story

The clone wars cartoons were better than any of the three newer films.

They should make a film where Grevous (or whatever he's called) is the main villain...from before he inexplicably turned into a complete pussy. Every single character can be played by Samuel L Jackson.

I don't want any more films involving Luke or Annakin Skywalker...they're characters are a pair of annoying whiney tosspots. Especially Luke. I'd definitely have punched him if I had to be in his company for more than a few minutes.

I would have liked to see BioWare do a full animated film, they did a terrific job with the SWTOR trailers: