Film Star Wars

I think if they were going to base a movie on any source material it would have to be the Thrawn trilogy, its more 'adult' than the old republic and it wouldn't require 3 hours setting up for a casual audience since the original movies act as a set up to it. The only problem would be casting, Luke, Solo and the princess would obviously have to be re-cast which could go horribly wrong.

Not a fan of re-casting. They need to either go 30-40 years into the future and have some of the original cast play older versions of themselves or go way into the future where they're all dead. There's just so much that could go wrong.

Reminds me a bit of The Avengers; everyone said it was too hard to pull off but Whedon showed if you get the right people involved in the writing/directing, it can be done.

EDIT: It's been confirmed that there is going to be a new trilogy. So 7,8 and 9 will all be linked together.

I think if they were going to base a movie on any source material it would have to be the Thrawn trilogy, its more 'adult' than the old republic and it wouldn't require 3 hours setting up for a casual audience since the original movies act as a set up to it. The only problem would be casting, Luke, Solo and the princess would obviously have to be re-cast which could go horribly wrong.

Thrawn trilogy and Jedi Knight (Kyle Katarrn) series would be the only thing after the events of the original trilogy which I would like to see in movies. Still as you say, re-casting Luke, Leia and Solo could be dangerous.

On the other side, if they go on another time range the potential of irritating fans is lower though it must be a good directing and a good explanation in the beginning.

Two words to make it a success.

The first one is "Joss".

The second one, I believe, starts with "W" and ends with "don".

I think the prequels failed for the same reason that anything set in the Old Republic era would - it might be Star Wars to the Star Wars fan, but it ain't Star Wars to the casual fan. It's the same universe, but that's about it.

People liked the idea of the little rebel group fighting the big, oppressive evil empire. The prequel stuff messed with all of that and just fecked it up, really.

Personally, I'd love it if they got the old actors back but had them in more minor roles. I mean, it's forty years later now - set the films forty years later and have those characters in more "advisory" roles. Luke can be there as the head of a new Jedi Council or something, so a 60 year-old Mark Hamill doesn't have to run around doing stunts.

This

Star Trek have managed to keep the Universe as it should be - I really hope this can be the case with Star Wars. My kids are well into the Prequels and Clone Wars, so I think the appreciation of each era is definitely a generational thing.

What is the newest Star Wars game that's out? And what is the best Star Wars game to play?

A shit game for Kinect I think. Though in next year it will be released a new game which from trailer looks awesome.

The best SW game? Without a single doubt 'Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic'.

I always wanted a light sabre as a kid. I might jump on the hype and watch these then. Do they need to be watched in order? 'Cos i'm told the first 3 are a bit shit

I always wanted a light sabre as a kid. I might jump on the hype and watch these then. Do they need to be watched in order? 'Cos i'm told the first 3 are a bit shit

No idea. I've started watching them in chronological order though.

Is Knights of the Old Republic any good? Can get it on steam for £7.

Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy.

The multiplayer 2 on 1 duels > all.

I liked Jedi Outcast more than Jedi Academy. The graphics were almost as good as Jedi Academy, while the story was far superior. Though, the amount of time you played as a shooter (not a Jedi) was pretty annoying, while you didn't have option to upgrade first force powers you want,

No idea. I've started watching them in chronological order though.

Is Knights of the Old Republic any good? Can get it on steam for £7.

Sorry, but I must answer every time someone mentions this.

If you like RPG games then definitely yes. If you are interested more in graphics and shooting then stay away from it.

The story is exceptional, and I would even go as far as saying that the story was better then in every Star Wars movie. Also, you will have an 'Oh my god moment' during the game which pisses in the 'I am your father, Luke' twist.

The story is on chronoligical order from first to last, thought it is better to watch the old movies first. Also, I don't think that the new trilogy is shit, just that is not as good as the old trilogy (not even near). Thought personally I liked the story of the new movies more than the old ones, but directing, dialogues etc were much superior on the original trilogy.

What is the newest Star Wars game that's out? And what is the best Star Wars game to play?

RPG: KOTOR (general consensus is that 1 > 2, but I like 2 more to be honest)

Action/Third Person: If you're looking for saber antics it's either Force Unleashed (1, don't get 2) or Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy. If you have a PS3 or Xbox360 get Force Unleased, if PC go for the Jedi Knight games.

Flight: Get a Wii, or a second hand GameCube. Buy Rogue Leader. Absolute fecking bliss. If you can track down a copy of Rogue Squadron for PC, or god forbit even ye olde TIE Fighter, or X Wing, they are also fecking great.

Strategy: Empire at War is considered the best. Force Commander was shit, Galactic Battlegrounds was decent but it was fairly obviously a reskinned Age of Empires 2.

I liked Jedi Outcast more than Jedi Academy. The graphics were almost as good as Jedi Academy, while the story was far superior. Though, the amount of time you played as a shooter (not a Jedi) was pretty annoying, while you didn't have option to upgrade first force powers you want,

Multiplayer lighsaber duels with double sabers, two sabers or single handed.

2 on 1.

feck the rest.

5732057_700b.jpg

Loved outcast, it was quality being able to download multiplayer characters people had made from the films and levels

Pfft, what's the point of donating money to charity if you're not going to demand something of the president first?

That's about half of the money he is receiving from Disney (without including shares). So the big question is, didn't he sold Lucasfilm for money. It seems that more likely he just got bored of it.

Sorry, but I must answer every time someone mentions this.

If you like RPG games then definitely yes. If you are interested more in graphics and shooting then stay away from it.

The story is exceptional, and I would even go as far as saying that the story was better then in every Star Wars movie. Also, you will have an 'Oh my god moment' during the game which pisses in the 'I am your father, Luke' twist.

The story is on chronoligical order from first to last, thought it is better to watch the old movies first. Also, I don't think that the new trilogy is shit, just that is not as good as the old trilogy (not even near). Thought personally I liked the story of the new movies more than the old ones, but directing, dialogues etc were much superior on the original trilogy.

The only reason it pisses on the 'I'm your father bit' is because everyone beyond the first generation of fans already knows what's coming, the twist isn't even close to as good as the films.

The only reason it pisses on the 'I'm your father bit' is because everyone beyond the first generation of fans already knows what's coming, the twist isn't even close to as good as the films.

It's about opinions. I think that I liked Kotor's twist more than Empire Strikes Back's twist, and ironically I didn't know about 'I am your father Luke', while I did know about the other twist. But, I watched the movies many years before I played the game so I probably have forgotten Anyway I know that in Luke's case I had a sleepless night and refused to believe of what I just heard.

It's about opinions. I think that I liked Kotor's twist more than Empire Strikes Back's twist, and ironically I didn't know about 'I am your father Luke', while I did know about the other twist. But, I watched the movies many years before I played the game so I probably have forgotten Anyway I know that in Luke's case I had a sleepless night and refused to believe of what I just heard.

You have such a hard on for the KotOR games, don't you? :lol:

Not criticising you, but I do find it funny. You'd marry them if you could!

Fair play though, they are good games. But Revan's revelation really doesn't come close to the "I am your father".

You have such a hard on for the KotOR games, don't you? :lol:

Not criticising you, but I do find it funny. You'd marry them if you could!

Fair play though, they are good games. But Revan's revelation really doesn't come close to the "I am your father".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't laughed like this since a while. But yeah, it's true.

PS: You said they are good games. Games with s in the end, meaning plural. Haven't you always said that Kotor 2 isn't a good game?

I didn't like it, no, but others loved it so it must be a good game on some levels.