Film Star Wars

Think episode 3 was the second best in the saga after The Empire Strikes Back which is possibly the greatest movie ever made.

I was looking forward to seeing them all in 3D but very disapointing that they only releasing 1 a year, will have to wait along time.

I really liked it, but I simply cannot put it above Star Wars or ROTJ.

But yes I agree 100% on Empire Strikes Back. Certainly my favourite movie of all time

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope

Return of the Jedi (the last half is too bloated)

Revenge of the Sith

Attack of the Clones

Star Wars Holiday Special

That idiotic animated thing they did in 2008 that got a cinema release

The fanmade version of episode 4 that hungrywing posted

Some stuff I made up in my head once while playing Jedi Knight II

Phantom Menance

Return of the jedi never receives enough credit. I blame the ewoks. I love Jabba's palace and the climax with three battles going at the same time

It would have been right up there with Empire if they only replaced the whole Ewoks thing with something better. I mean wtf? Those things were awful and what could have been a great battle on the ground turned into a slapstick comedy routine with little furry balls throwing rocks and shit.

Jabba's palace was my favourite bit from all the movies.

The last half is too too bloated. The whole bit on Endor could stand to be a bit more punchy.

It lacked a proper second act is what I'm saying, it went straight from Jabba's palace to various battles on Endor.

Also rewatching the trailed at the top of the page highlights one of the things that annoys me the most about the visual mediums that the Star Wars extended universe is in - there's never really anything new. Enemy ships always look more or less like Star Destroyers, the troopers always look more or less like Storm Troopers/Clone Troopers. That video even had droidekas for fecks sake.

Something that's always annoyed me about the KOTOR games (Which to be fair are two of my favourite games ever) is that '4000 years before the movies' just ended up being Star Wars as per usual - if you didn't know Star Wars lore you wouldn't know it was meant to be set four millennia before.

I get that the smuggler is basically Han Solo with a hat and the whole turret thing was homage to A New Hope but the actual design is so so stale.

The last half is too too bloated. The whole bit on Endor could stand to be a bit more punchy.

It lacked a proper second act is what I'm saying, it went straight from Jabba's palace to various battles on Endor.

Compared to the last third of Revenge of the Sith, it's an outright masterpiece.

Return of the jedi never receives enough credit. I blame the ewoks. I love Jabba's palace and the climax with three battles going at the same time

Pretty sure the people who made that space battle are all going to heaven, no questions asked. Like, the most junior rotoscoper could have gone on to be a serial killer and when he gets turned away at the pearly gates, God would show up himself and say shut up and let him in.

And I never understood "cuddly" Ewok-bashing. Them tree-bears were going to spit roast Han Solo. Alive. Two guesses what was on the menu during the Death-Star after party/luau.

...Also rewatching the trailed at the top of the page highlights one of the things that annoys me the most about the visual mediums that the Star Wars extended universe is in - there's never really anything new. Enemy ships always look more or less like Star Destroyers, the troopers always look more or less like Storm Troopers/Clone Troopers. That video even had droidekas for fecks sake....

And yet it's still depressingly better than anything in the prequels.

Kind of unrelated but one of the more eyebrow-raising aspects of the prequels is the purported idea that GL knows exactly what everything looks like in his head, and he just happens to need other people to draw/design/sculpt it for him.

When I was a kid I cried when the ewok died. True story

I also got the Ewok Village one year for Xmas and still own on VHS to this day both Battle of Endor Movies.

I am Ewoks number 1 fan

Tell me who would'nt love this little fellow -

orYDLadn2pa4ax9onpVyRE6Ko1_400.jpg

Phantom Menace > Revenge of the Sith

RotS probably has the single worst script in history. Luckily none of the budget was actually for a writer.

Like I said. Heaven. All of them.

Although that clip does remind me I used to think it was weird that they never attacked the super-huge destroyer first, if it was going to be that easy.

And just to be sure, we're all on the same page regarding the ewoks feasting on dead stormtrooper at the end, right?

Lucas ruined the end of ROTJ for me. I purchased the revamped DVD's a few years back and they removed Sebastian Shaw and replaced him with wanky Hayden. He cocked about with the music too. I only watched them the once, they've gathered dust since!

Lucas ruined the end of ROTJ for me. I purchased the revamped DVD's a few years back and they removed Sebastian Shaw and replaced him with wanky Hayden. He cocked about with the music too. I only watched them the once, they've gathered dust since!

That was fecking stupid. The original idea is that that's meant to be Anakin Skywalker 4 ABY (or whenever the Battle of Endor is set.. I think its 4 ABY). If you're going to unnecessarily change it to young Anakin while also have old Obi Wan with him?

I should say that I'm in no way advocating him going back and putting Ewan McGregor in, just that only putting Anakin in makes less sense than changing both.

Unless he's going to change Obi as well for the next OMG [Insert Milestone Date Here] Star Wars Box Set

Like I said. Heaven. All of them.

Although that clip does remind me I used to think it was weird that they never attacked the super-huge destroyer first, if it was going to be that easy.

And just to be sure, we're all on the same page regarding the ewoks feasting on dead stormtrooper at the end, right?

That's a good point about the Ewoks. Under that fluffy exterior, they were a bit barbaric. I think it's a shame they allow the Ewoks to have a taste for human flesh, yet they felt the need to take away the edgy part of Han Solo's character by altering that Mos Eisley Cantina scene.

That was fecking stupid. The original idea is that that's meant to be Anakin Skywalker 4 ABY (or whenever the Battle of Endor is set.. I think its 4 ABY). If you're going to unnecessarily change it to young Anakin while also have old Obi Wan with him?

I should say that I'm in no way advocating him going back and putting Ewan McGregor in, just that only putting Anakin in makes less sense than changing both.

Unless he's going to change Obi as well for the next OMG [Insert Milestone Date Here] Star Wars Box Set

I wouldn't put it past him. He may as well bung Qui Gon Jinn in too for good measure!

Managed to 'acquire' the original cinematic releases of the original trilogy, untampered with by George Lucas in the subsequent years.

Fantastic movies, especially A New Hope. Han shooting first, no fecking stupid CG dinosaurs in the Mos Eisley scene, no really out of place CG 'enhancements' - amazing stuff.

Also, I never realised that the little subplot with Biggs Darklighter was tacked on after the cinematic release - it isn't present in the original.

(I should say that I own the original trilogy in 4 different formats legit so I have no qualms... internet 'acquiring' the original cinematic releases).

Managed to 'acquire' the original cinematic releases of the original trilogy, untampered with by George Lucas in the subsequent years.

Fantastic movies, especially A New Hope. Han shooting first, no fecking stupid CG dinosaurs in the Mos Eisley scene, no really out of place CG 'enhancements' - amazing stuff.

Also, I never realised that the little subplot with Biggs Darklighter was tacked on after the cinematic release - it isn't present in the original.

(I should say that I own the original trilogy in 4 different formats legit so I have no qualms... internet 'acquiring' the original cinematic releases).

The Biggs story was in the original script and it was filmed it was just cut.

Im aware it was filmed originally along with a bunch of other stuff that we never saw (like Luke hanging out with his friends at Toshee Station), I just was never aware that it wasn't added until later on, well into the ruining of the movies process.

I see, I remember buying a few stills of that scene back in the early eighties (me and my brother spent all our allowance on Star Wars) and couldnt figure out what it was till I've read the novelization.

I wouldn't put it past him. He may as well bung Qui Gon Jinn in too for good measure!

Funny you should say that, but I remember reading somewhere that he nearly was included. Lucas was allegedlly talked out of it at the last minute. The reasoning being that Luke had never seen or communicated with him and his inclusion wouldn't have made sense.

I'm surprised that Lucas saw sense in this instance to be honest.

Is there anywhere I can obtain the unadulterated original movies? (Purchasable or otherwise?) I am yet to see the original trilogy (I know I know...)

I may be wrong, but I thought that the DVD releases from a few years back had both versions of each film on it.

:lol: :lol: A bullet narrowly dodged.

:lol: tell me about it mate.

Lucas struck absolute gold with that original trilogy but has seemingly done everything In his (galactic) power to feck it up ever since.

Greedo shoots first? feck off you bearded twat!

I think those DVDs are now out of print. But if you do a search for the "GOUT" or "unaltered" editions on your favourite illegal torrent search engine, you will find the best available versions (fast download too). The quality is poor and they were issued only in a letterboxed form for use on 4:3 screens. Someone usefully converted them for 16:9 screens (although this does magnify some of the limitations of the transfer).

However these poor quality Unaltered versions are infinitely superior to the kidnapped, beaten and sodomised versions Lucas later released. It doesn't matter how high the definition or how many dimensions you show it in; pedo-looking Christian standing in for Seb Shaw will always look obnoxious.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan - I consider the original films enjoyable adventures. But even I think that what Lucas has done to the films is cultural vandalism. Apparantly even the original negatives no longer exist in the state in which they were first shot.

I think those DVDs are now out of print. But if you do a search for the "GOUT" or "unaltered" editions on your favourite illegal torrent search engine, you will find the best available versions (fast download too). The quality is poor and they were issued only in a letterboxed form for use on 4:3 screens. Someone usefully converted them for 16:9 screens (although this does magnify some of the limitations of the transfer).

However these poor quality Unaltered versions are infinitely superior to the kidnapped, beaten and sodomised versions Lucas later released. It doesn't matter how high the definition or how many dimensions you show it in; pedo-looking Christian standing in for Seb Shaw will always look obnoxious.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan - I consider the original films enjoyable adventures. But even I think that what Lucas has done to the films is cultural vandalism. Apparantly even the original negatives no longer exist in the state in which they were first shot.
I've just done some research and another guy has done this:
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/to...al-version-Reconstruction-Adywan/topic/11544/

I'm not actually fussed about video/sound quality. To me, the aesthetic nature of the film should reflect the time at which it was made. This is why I've been put off watching them, mainly because the originals are difficult/expensive to get hold of.

Come on fellow nerds, whose the most powerful force user in all Star Wars fiction, including the books, games and movies.

I'd say Luke Skywalker in the books after Return of the Jedi.

Palpatine (still alive and kicking in the Dark Empire series - worth a read) or Exar Kun (talented Sith, first read about him in the Jedi Search trilogy).

Or just Yoda, to be able to hide himself away on Dagobah.

Come on fellow nerds, whose the most powerful force user in all Star Wars fiction, including the books, games and movies.

I'd say Luke Skywalker in the books after Return of the Jedi.

I like to exclude things that happened about 15-20 years after the movies and afterwards simply because they don't make sense. They are more DragonBallZ then Star Wars. Palpatine returning in a clone body much more powerful then ever, aliens attacking and then that weird creature (Abeloth).

Without including those events I think that Darth Vitiate is the most powerful ever. After him I think that Revan, Naga Sadow, Magna Ragnos, Yoda, Sidious, and possibly Mace Windu (in no order).

If we do not exclude those events then the most powerful is Luke followed by Abeloth and clone Palps.

Anyway, the most famous force user Anakin/Vader is not there with the most powerful though he had the potential to became the most powerful ever. As much as I like Kenobi, Meetra Surik, Galen Marek I don't think that any of them should be in tier 1.