Film Star Wars

What's the point of having three different writers for next three movies? It is a trilogy so I think that it would have been better if there would have been the same writer for three movies. Anyway Lawrence Kasdan returning is (hopefully) a good thing.

Having the same writer for all three would have been very risky, particularly if first one sucked. I think it's a good thing.

I don't get the hurry though, you're giving them 5 odd years to write a movie? I guess they really want to release them close to each other so have started planning for 8 and 9 already.

He probably knows Star Wars and he probably knows what people don't like about Star Wars. I do think, it being Disney owned, it will be similar to Episode 1&2 as in how kid-friendly kind of movies they were. All of them are to some extent but those two seemed to be more targeted to a new younger demographic.

Interesting he did a brilliant job with Star Trek and I was a massive fan of Lost. Should be decent with him directing.

Didn't he said that he's not going to do it about a month ago? Anyway, a pretty good choice, let's see what it will happen.

I'm pleased by this, didn't think it would happen due to him been involved in Star Trek but great news.

Isn't Lindelöf the prick that wrote Prometheus? If so, I want him nowhere near Star Wars. Prometheus was an awful, awful film with an outrageously bad script.

I think it should have been Casey Hudson, deserves a step up to the big screen.

:lol:

And Drew Karpyshyn as writer?

Casey is fine, although he went nuts in his last project.

Isn't Lindelöf the prick that wrote Prometheus? If so, I want him nowhere near Star Wars. Prometheus was an awful, awful film with an outrageously bad script.

True. I had such high hopes for it.

Writers are already locked down so no Lindelof, thank God.

Abrhams is going to have to change his directing style. I don't want to see a similar film to Star Trek with Star Wars characters.

It looks that Kasdan and Kinberg are writing stories about standalone movies that will not be part of the main saga. From the beginning I didn't liked the idea of having three different writers for three movies of the trilogy.

Anyway about the spin off movies my bet would be that one of them will be about Boba Fett. The other could it be something about Yoda origin?

Yoda, Fett & Jabba are apparently the 3 films being discussed. I don't like the idea that these stand-alone films will be released in the same 6 year period as the new trilogy - too many Star Wars films in that short space of time.

It looks that Kasdan and Kinberg are writing stories about standalone movies that will not be part of the main saga. From the beginning I didn't liked the idea of having three different writers for three movies of the trilogy.

Anyway about the spin off movies my bet would be that one of them will be about Boba Fett. The other could it be something about Yoda origin?

I am for this. He is over 900 years old :)

I am for this. He is over 900 years old :)

I meant more about the origin of it's species. Lucas for some reasons has forbidden anything that can given the origin of Yoda's species in EU. They don't even have a name or a base planet.

And Yoda is exactly 900 years in TESB.

The Fett film could be like Buried. 90% of the thing just being him in the Sarlacc.

Maybe something about Yoda being laughed at by all the other little gremlin things when he said he wanted to become a great Jedi, but him proving them wrong and taking on his old school bully nemesis.

I think it could be a decent story, there is not that much about him in the main films, apart from Attack of the Clones.

Just for the love of god dont do one about Ja Ja fecking Binks.

That was his origin. It would really be a 90-120minute story on bounty hunting. Over and over shooting a rocket from his wrist, jet pack away and using a net and some darts. Star Wars is about Jedi's. No Jedi's, no fun.

The reason why he's popular is that he wasn't much in the film and he had the above mentioned jet pack and wrist rockets and the kids back then who are no all 30-40 year old or so thought that was super cool and "who the hell is this guy". I'm not sure a lot of people are heavy on the Boba love from growing up with the prequels and a stand-alone movie about him would just ruin the mystery.

Think about what Fett did in the movies. He asked Vader if he could get Solo to collect the bounty (didn't even capture Han himself). He's with Jabba when the gang is about to be eaten by a sarlacc, but they escape, and whilst he tries to stop them he fails and dies.
In Attack of the Clones he watches his father's head get chopped off, screams and cries (I think). Basically in all movies he's been a total failure yet he's seen as some kind of a badass super villain.

You could make a bounter hunty film using any bounty hunter really. There are loads of them in the universe. Ones where the beginning and the ending hasn't been revealed.

I think it could be a decent story, there is not that much about him in the main films, apart from Attack of the Clones.

Just for the love of god dont do one about Jar Jar fecking Binks.

That would be the worst ever movie.

Boba Fett, by far the most overrated character in the universe.

Wrong.

He was never a big character at all. He became big because of fans not because of his on screen time.

He looks super cool and has a stylish ship.

What more do you want?

You could make a bounter hunter film using any bounty hunter really. There are loads of them in the universe. Ones where the beginning and the ending hasn't been revealed.

That's what they should do imo. Have it from the Bounty Hunters pov and have them evading the Empire/Jedis. That would be an interesting film, the criminal underworld of the Star Wars universe.

That was his origin. It would really be a 90-120minute story on bounty hunting. Over and over shooting a rocket from his wrist, jet pack away and using a net and some darts. Star Wars is about Jedi's. No Jedi's, no fun.

The reason why he's popular is that he wasn't much in the film and he had the above mentioned jet pack and wrist rockets and the kids back then who are no all 30-40 year old or so thought that was super cool and "who the hell is this guy". I'm not sure a lot of people are heavy on the Boba love from growing up with the prequels and a stand-alone movie about him would just ruin the mystery.

Think about what Fett did in the movies. He asked Vader if he could get Solo to collect the bounty (didn't even capture Han himself). He's with Jabba when the gang is about to be eaten by a sarlacc, but they escape, and whilst he tries to stop them he fails and dies.
In Attack of the Clones he watches his father's head get chopped off, screams and cries (I think). Basically in all movies he's been a total failure yet he's seen as some kind of a badass super villain.

You could make a bounter hunty film using any bounty hunter really. There are loads of them in the universe. Ones where the beginning and the ending hasn't been revealed.

You do make some very good points and I can see where your coming from.
I still think there would be a decent film in there but there are others that I would make first.

Wrong.

He was never a big character at all. He became big because of fans not because of his on screen time.

He looks super cool and has a stylish ship.

What more do you want?

You're not making sense. He became big because of his fans and not his screen time? Well, he wouldn't be famous without any screen time no would he. And I explained why he was overrated. Because he has so many fans. Their mostly guys in their 30's anyway. Not sure that many jumped on the Fett bandwagon after the 90's.

Me saying he's overrated his my opinion. I don't get it. It's an opinion, not a fact. I can't be wrong.

He looks super cool and has a stylish ship? Still a failure. Sounds like someone with a rich dad (which he is).

News out that a young Solo and Fett movies are in the works.

And I agree with Snow that Fett is highly overrated by the internet.

The choice of actor who plays young Solo is so important.

The origin story could be very good, leading up to his moment with Greedo.

Maybe they will finally reveal who did shoot first.

I like the idea of stand alone film for some of the main players.
A Hans Solo film would be excellent.

The choice of actor who plays young Solo is so important.

The origin story could be very good, leading up to his moment with Greedo.

Maybe they will finally reveal who did shoot first.

Agree with both these posts. Would be good to see some of the background story, things like the Kessel Run, Solo winning the Falcon from Lando, how Chewie and him ended up as partners.

It should have been M. Night Shyamalalalan.

The trilogy ends with a short, fuzzy haired dofus picking up a jedi holocron on a planets far far away in the distant future?

MIND = BLOW RITE?! ;p