Film Star Wars

Mace fecking Windu?! I figured Han vs Vader in the final.

Am I missing something here? Why are you putting Mace in the same league as Yoda/Luke?

Anyways, just saw Yoda thrashed Windu, so he's out.

I saw that the other day - I made it out to be a Mace Windu v Vader finale.

In the last three months I have read

Rogue Squadron
Wedge's Gamble
Krytos Trap
Bacta War
Wraith Squadron
Iron Fist
Solo Command
Courtship of Princess Leia
Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
Last Command
Isard's Revenge
Jedi Search
Dark Apprentice
Champions of the Force
Starfighters of Adumar
Before the Storm

because I'm a popular attractive successful guy.

Started reading those books as a kid.. have read pretty much every EU book released till about 2011

Am I missing something here? Why are you putting Mace in the same league as Yoda/Luke?

Anyways, just saw Yoda thrashed Windu, so he's out.

I had a look at the set up before the voting started so no one had been knocked out when I tried to do it in my head.

As for Mace, having read a bunch of the EU books he's probably slightly less powerful in the force but a better swordsman than Yoda.

Started reading those books as a kid.. have read pretty much every EU book released till about 2011

I basically intend to go sequentially until I run out of stuff to read in a few years. The best of them have been Aaron Allston's books easily.

As for Mace, having read a bunch of the EU books he's probably slightly less powerful in the force but a better swordsman than Yoda.

Completely agree. His Vaapad was unmatched, and the best way to understand that is when he beat Sidious, while Yoda was pretty much overpowered during the battle against Sid.

I basically intend to go sequentially until I run out of stuff to read in a few years. The best of them have been Aaron Allston's books easily.

If you haven't read yet, I would highly recommend to read Darth Plagueis, the best Star Wars novel for a while. It finally gives the story of 'Darth Plagueis the Wise', how Anakin was created and a lot of back-story of Palpatine (showing even the human side of it).

If you haven't read yet, I would highly recommend to read Darth Plagueis, the best Star Wars novel for a while. It finally gives the story of 'Darth Plagueis the Wise', how Anakin was created and a lot of back-story of Palpatine (showing even the human side of it).

It's on my list once I've finished the New Republic era stuff - I'm still working through the Black Fleet Crisis, which starts slow but gets quite good.

I'm considering missing out on the New Jedi Order stuff - I read a couple of them entirely out of sequence when I was a kid and it never really took me in. The standard of writing takes a massive hit after George Lucas decided what he wanted to do with the prequels of the franchise. All the stuff written in the early-mid 1990s is generally good (Jedi Academy trilogy, Thrawn trilogy, Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, X-Wing series) but once the hype train kicked in it suddenly became a bit bad.

The only thing that might make me go further forward is that Allston writes some of the NJO and Legacy books, and is an amazing author.

It's on my list once I've finished the New Republic era stuff - I'm still working through the Black Fleet Crisis, which starts slow but gets quite good.

I'm considering missing out on the New Jedi Order stuff - I read a couple of them entirely out of sequence when I was a kid and it never really took me in. The standard of writing takes a massive hit after George Lucas decided what he wanted to do with the prequels of the franchise. All the stuff written in the early-mid 1990s is generally good (Jedi Academy trilogy, Thrawn trilogy, Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, X-Wing series) but once the hype train kicked in it suddenly became a bit bad.

The only thing that might make me go further forward is that Allston writes some of the NJO and Legacy books, and is an amazing author.

Michael A. Stackpole (X-Wing Series) does two of the NJO books as well (Dark Tide 1+2 aka the 2nd and 3rd books in the NJO). I would read it again (in order this time) there not bad, some aren't great but it was refreshing to read a series where the good guys get there arses kicked at points. The Thrawn Trilogy was the only other one really to do that.

Yep, was going to start reading the Yuuzhan Vong War but the quality doesn't look that good, and even in essence is not a good thing for Start Wars. We all grew up thinking about what the mighty Clone Wars was, and finally in the last decade we saw it. Then a random writer decides to make a war so big, then compared to it, The Clone Wars or The Great Hyperspace War and other big wars, would look like child's play. Anyway now not knowing what will still be canon and what will not, made me to postpone indefinitely those events and the events of Jacen Solo that happens during and after it (about 40 books if I am not mistaken).

Didn't like the Mace Windu novel (Shatterpoint). In fact I didn't even finished it, the writing quality was really not good (or I wasn't in good spirit to read it).

As I said in my other post, Darth Plagueis is really great, some would even say that it is the best novel since Heir to The Empire. I really liked the events that happened there, the characters and the writing.

Disney are such arseholes. Earlier this month some LucasArts employees leaked gameplay footage of SW:First Assault and every youtube channel that covered the story with any of that footage got a DMCA copyright claim against the video and strike against their account.

It was coming, could tell from that leak that there was trouble at LucasArt and employees were desperately trying to get public interest in the game to convince Disney to halt the closure.

Surely they can't be abandoning all Star Wars games? 1313 actually looked decent.

Read this on JediCouncil and thought that it was LucasFilm that has been shut down.

LucasArts, except the 1313 game which I was really looking forward to I don't care that much. Started to dislike them when they cancelled Kotor III, and officially hated because of not giving us The Force Unleashed III.

It could be better in a way, cause most of the good stuff was outsourced, and the LucasArts became a shadow of what it was.

The tournament has gone in the final stage. Yoda barely managed to defeat Kenobi in the semi of the light and is pretty much guaranteed to go in the overall final. I couldn't see him having a bigger reputation than Luke and Kenobi.

Raven releases source code for Star Wars Jedi Knight games

4th Apr 2013 | 10:03

Raven Software and parent company Activision have released the source code for Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy "for people to learn from and play with".

The moves follows yesterday's announcement that Disney has shut down the video game publishing arm of LucasArts.

Raven said in a statement issued to Kotaku: "Raven is sad to hear about the closing of LucasArts today, we respected them and enjoyed working with them over the years.

"We wish the best for all the talented people who were let go and hope they find good work in studios in the industry.

"We loved and appreciated the experience of getting to make Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy for LucasArts.

"As a gift to the persistently loyal fanbase for our Jedi games and in memory of LucasArts, we are releasing the source code for both games for people to enjoy and play with."

There's no official support for the source code, but you can download Jedi Outcast's here and Jedi Academy's here.

--------

There were some great mods back in the day, will be interesting if anyone does something with the source code

Confirmed it will be filmed here in the UK. Cameron of course trying to score political points out of it.

The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy was absolutely amazing. I'd honestly put it alongside the Thrawn Trilogy (and above Jedi Academy, Hand of Thrawn Duology, Corellian Trilogy etc) as the best trilogy of that kind.

That's got to be the one of the only series in the EU I've not actually read (except the prequel stuff because I hate the prequels). For some reason it never appealed to me, I think I tried reading it once and got bored.

That's got to be the one of the only series in the EU I've not actually read (except the prequel stuff because I hate the prequels). For some reason it never appealed to me, I think I tried reading it once and got bored.

It starts out slow - the first book is the weakest and I felt the pacing was really off in it. Also the characters felt a bit off, although reading interviews that the author gave at the time of the release the way it's written makes a lot more sense (ie it's about 15 years after A New Hope, you can't keep writing Han as a cocky smuggler and Leia as a stubborn princess forever).

It gets much better though into the second book - it's a lot closer to the harder military science fiction genre than a lot of the rest of the Star Wars EU stuff, but to be honest that's one of the reasons I love it. There's a lot more depth to it than I've seen in any of the other Star Wars books I've read.

To my read list I've added

Rogue Squadron
Wedge's Gamble
Krytos Trap
Bacta War
Wraith Squadron
Iron Fist
Solo Command
Courtship of Princess Leia
Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
Last Command
Isard's Revenge
Jedi Search
Dark Apprentice
Champions of the Force
Starfighters of Adumar
Before the Storm

Shield of Lies
Tyrant's Test
Spectre of the Past
Vision of the Future
I, Jedi (didn't read this in chronological order because I didn't fancy it at the time)
Survivors Quest

Then I ran out of interesting New Republic era stuff to read (read Darksaber ages and ages ago and seeing as it's standalone didn't fancy revisiting it), and I'm not massively sold on the New Jedi Order stuff - I feel it's aimed at a slightly younger target audience, and the Jedi focus is boring as shit.

I started reading Death Star (by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry). Surprisingly good for something that came out after the prequels were released. Probably going to get through the rest of the Zahn stuff once I'm done with that - Allegiance, Choices of One, Scoundrels. Ignoring Outbound Flight because prequel era stuff annoys me.

They haven't even started shooting and you want a trailer!

And they apparently want to delay it to 2016 but Disney won't let them.