Southport knife attack - 3 children dead, 8 children and 2 adults injured

Most men will not commit violent crimes and even fewer will be repeat offenders so to say it's because we're men is erroneous. Men as a group don't need to reflect on their (assumed) behaviour.
I disagree with that. Many or even most men's behaviour contribute to norms of societal behaviour that result directly or indirectly in violence and murder by the few.

Assholes, people grieving and this is what they'll remember the event for.

I've read that they believe the English Defence League is believed to be the source of the police attacks, I really hope the rioters can be identified and sentenced.

Just a vile human being. The UK has a serious far right problem.

Fear mongering has always worked, drive at people's fears and they'll do what you want.

Farage pushed so far for Brexit believing it'd never actually happen, and when it did he ran away. Took in the celebrations but when it actually came to the reform and the grand plan they spoke about nothing, no plan, just talk.

Works for Trump with MAGA too glorify the past, embed fear and people lap it up.

I disagree with that. Many or even most men's behaviour contribute to norms of societal behaviour that result directly or indirectly in violence and murder by the few.
Do women not also contribute to those societal norms?

Couple of weeks back a Caucasian Republican tried to assassinate Trump. That isn't even news now. If it was an immigrant or a Muslim that did that, it would still be front page news and debated on all news including liberal ones.

In this horrific attack, if the attacker turns out to be an immigrant or a Muslim we can be sure it will be a talking point for some time to come.

Why does it matter more who committed the crime? Does it make any difference to the victims or their families? Does it make any difference to the average citizen?

Couple of weeks back a Caucasian Republican tried to assassinate Trump. That isn't even news now. If it was an immigrant or a Muslim that did that, it would still be front page news and debated on all news including liberal ones.

In this horrific attack, if the attacker turns out to be an immigrant or a Muslim we can be sure it will be a talking point for some time to come.

Why does it matter more who committed the crime? Does it make any difference to the victims or their families? Does it make any difference to the average citizen?
It's been made very clear that the attacker in this case is a young man born in Cardiff to parents of Rwandan heritage. He is British. He's not Muslim, either.

Fake news published a made-up name intimating that he was in fact a Muslim who had recently arrived in the country. That's all it takes for rabble-rousers to incite a riot nowadays. It's happening in many countries, right-wing nationalists are getting themselves into positions of power by spreading fear of "the others". We even have a few of them as MPs in the British Parliament now.

Why does it matter more who committed the crime?
Does it make any difference to the victims or their families? Does it make any difference to the average citizen?
Well, I agree with all of your points but the response to bolded would be, if there is a spate of immigrants committing crimes, then you have to address this. Unfortunately it's used, regardless of reality as evidence for failed multiculturalism

Hope those families find a way to go on. Not sure I could...

And feck this assholes. The society seems shaken and destined to fall apart in near future.

I can’t imagine how much this hurt. Two simultaneous bricks to the back of his head and chest. And then as he’s bleeding, one in the bollocks too

One of the mothers of one of the deceased -

"This is the only thing that I will write, but please stop the violence in Southport tonight. The police have been nothing but heroic these last 24 hours and they and we don't need this."

Something like 90% of violent crime is committed by men but some also argue that it's a very small percentage of men who are responsible for that violence.

So it would be unfair to single out men as a group because it's clearly not innate maleness that's responsible for the violence.

Men are definitely more likely than women to commit a violent crime than women. For obvious reasons. But it has always been - and will always be - this way. So I’m not sure if it’s useful to reflect on the sex of the people committing these atrocities.

The clean up costs and injured Police's rehab costs should be totalled up and paid for by GB News for repeating false info yesterday that drove this mob activity.

Total journalistic failure on their part and shameful. The regulator should be dragging them off the airwaves after this!

Always thought how this forum represents most what people in England think. Or at least half.. but those comments on YT. Shit

If it is comforting, it is same in my country

I can’t imagine how much this hurt. Two simultaneous bricks to the back of his head and chest. And then as he’s bleeding, one in the bollocks too

9.8 on IMDB. If this was released in the cinema, I'd go a million times. Just so complete a story. You get backstory, you get drama, and you get the payoff at the end.

Why are rioters attacking Mosques, am I missing something?

Because as Farage so eloquently asks, dog whistle question he doesn't know the answer for, dog whistle question he doesn't know the answer for, dog whistle question he doesn't know the answer for.

But he's just asking questions.

Imagine the fear they had the small children. This is disgusting. To me, no excuse for doing something like that.

Pure Evil.

Can someone add a coupe of comedic ‘dongs’ or ‘thwacks’ to this please?

Nice idea but think of how many pointed knives are in circulation now (billions?) and how simple it is to make a stabbing instrument.
Because as the article says, making it harder can have an affect and we should strive towards making an affect on this issue.

feck these EDL scumbags. I’ve seen some people try and defend this by saying that the rioters are “concerned parents”, but they’re not. They’re racists who just want an excuse to be racist. Horrible people, the lot of them.