Solskjaer's legacy and his future

Are we counting Bruno as a success? He always seems to be hit and miss to me. I like him but he is so inconstant.

In terms of trophies, sure. But I don't give a feck about cup competitions, as they require quite a bit of luck as well.

I just use the league performances to judge managers, and hence rate Ole higher
Despite both he and Mourinho getting 2nd place?

When was the last time we had a permanent manager who didn't brought any silverware to United? I mean even Moyes won the Charity Shield. I believe it was Frank O'Farrell back in 1971-72. That's half a century ago.

Despite both he and Mourinho getting 2nd place?

Underlying stats wise, we finished 6th that season, 4th last season; we finished in top 4 in consecutive seasons under Ole - something we didnt do under Mou; and lastly, if we rely on underlying stats, we finished in top 4 just thrice since SAF - twice under Ole, and once under Mou (the 1st season).

Plus, I just enjoyed Ole's time more. I was more engaged as a fan and had a lot more hope during games

When was the last time we had a permanent manager who didn't brought any silverware to United? I mean even Moyes won the Charity Shield. I believe it was Frank O'Farrell back in 1971-72. That's half a century ago.

Dave Sexton? Or did he win a Charity Shield like Moyes?

So the fact that Ole finished above Chelsea twice, above Liverpool once is pure luck? You are delusional.

Luck doesn't run for 2 seasons. Luck is in one-off games and cups.

Also, I know that we all want to play like City and Liverpool but that only happens when the entire club pulls in the same direction. Can you say that for us?

Did we play like or better than City and Liverpool under any manager post SAF?

We weren't lucky in his 1st season in terms of points, but the competition was what? Chelsea under Lampard with their transfer ban, and Leicester who spent the 2nd half of the season playing like a relegation side. And yes, competition absolutely matters in judging the manager.

In the 2nd season, we were extremely lucky not just in terms of competition but how most of the games went. We all watched the games but seems there are few who remember how we really played last season.

Based on scouting reports. From our dreadful scouting network. And surely sporting directors should be having a big say along with the manager. If we had one.

Forget about Moyes. Ralf is horrified to find that we didn't even have anything on the French International midfield player. I forgot his name.
So it has not improved at all from the time of Moyes.

Forget about Moyes. Ralf is horrified to find that we didn't even have anything on the French International midfield player. I forgot his name.
So it has not improved at all from the time of Moyes.

You don’t need tabloid rumours to confirm this to be fair.

Maguire: 87M. Massive failure
Sancho: 85M. Average
Bruno: 63M. Success
Wan Bissaka: 55M. Massive failure
Varane: 40M. Average
Van de Beek: 39M. Massive failure
Diallo: 21M. Failure
Daniel James: 18M. Average
Cristiano: 15M. Average
Alex Telles: 15M. Average
Pellistri: 8.5M. Failure

That's his legacy.
So, Messi and Ronaldo is average fotballers? Or Are they having A bad season?
You dont strike me as anyone who understand football or the details of it.. Twitter thug alert!

So, Messi and Ronaldo is average fotballers? Or Are they having A bad season?
You dont strike me as anyone who understand football or the details of it.. Twitter thug alert!
I'm rating the signings not the players careers. I'm sure you can understand that.

I'm rating the signings not the players careers. I'm sure you can understand that.
No. You are rating the players at their current form as failure.. What the past and future bring you half ass don’t know. Agenda written bullahit!

No. You are rating the players at their current form as failure.. What the past and future bring you half ass don’t know. Agenda written bullahit!
Can you explain how Ronaldo scoring 60 goals a season for Real Madrid a decade ago help us on the pitch now?

Are we counting Bruno as a success? He always seems to be hit and miss to me. I like him but he is so inconstant.

His goals and assist numbers are exceptional and he has singlehandedly dragged us from being completely useless to being somewhat functional at times. Cost a reasonable amount and isn't on silly wages. I would say he has been a success. How he would do in a team that was more disciplined and placed more value on ball retention is up for debate for sure.

Can you explain how Ronaldo scoring 60 goals a season for Real Madrid a decade ago help us on the pitch now?
I just did! And it isn't helping.. quite the opposite. Rating them players down on form is just ridiculous.. And it just show you know nothing about football..

In terms of trophies, sure. But I don't give a feck about cup competitions, as they require quite a bit of luck as well.

I just use the league performances to judge managers, and hence rate Ole higher

That's crazy in my opinion. Everything Ole did was for nought.

That's crazy in my opinion. Everything Ole did was for nought.
That's why it is an opinion. I rate leagues higher, you rate "any trophies" higher - nothing wrong in that, but I never bought into that school of thought

That's why it is an opinion. I rate leagues higher, you rate "any trophies" higher - nothing wrong in that, but I never bought into that school of thought

I don't rate any trophies higher. Nether Jose or Ole where successful or great in the league. Similar points totals both got 2nds.

But Jose won two trophies albeit not the best ones.

Also without Jose we'd be like 7 years without a trophy so at this stage any trophy has to be valued more

Also Ole was in two Europa leagues and failed to win the competition twice despite having the best squad in the competition.

So failing to win anything was really quite a big failure.

And again I hate Jose so I say this through gritted teeth. We where correct to sack him just replaced him with a guy who never should have got the job.

Dear Ole,

As you are most likely aware all’s not well at Old Trafford, so trust you won’t mind reimbursing MUFC the £400m.

Yours in anticipation

We weren't lucky in his 1st season in terms of points, but the competition was what? Chelsea under Lampard with their transfer ban, and Leicester who spent the 2nd half of the season playing like a relegation side. And yes, competition absolutely matters in judging the manager.

In the 2nd season, we were extremely lucky not just in terms of competition but how most of the games went. We all watched the games but seems there are few who remember how we really played last season.
If you believe luck can be a factor across 38 games, I am out of the conversation.

If you believe luck can be a factor across 38 games, I am out of the conversation.

17 games last season you went behind, 10 of those times you won. That’s almost half the matches in the season you were losing. You recovered 31 points, finishing with 74 points. Again you recovered almost half of your final points total.

This is completely unprecedented and if the Gods were not with Ole then it’s a really difficult stat to have an answer for.

17 games last season you went behind, 10 of those times you won. That’s almost half the matches in the season you were losing. You recovered 31 points, finishing with 74 points. Again you recovered almost half of your final points total.

This is completely unprecedented and if the Gods were not with Ole then it’s a really difficult stat to have an answer for.
So, the manager that oversaw so many recoveries after poor starts is bad, although his successor is seeing worse performance by the players but is unable to turn them around... Got it! Logic!

So, the manager that oversaw so many recoveries after poor starts is bad, although his successor is seeing worse performance by the players but is unable to turn them around... Got it! Logic!

Give his successor the same amount of money and time. Then judge him.

Did someone really ask if we were counting Bruno as a success?

If he never kicks another ball for the club he'd be a resounding success ffs.

Dear Ole,

As you are most likely aware all’s not well at Old Trafford, so trust you won’t mind reimbursing MUFC the £400m.

Yours in anticipation

He has nothing to reimburse, if anything, we owe him, for helping to get his daughter to sign for the club.

So the fact that Ole finished above Chelsea twice, above Liverpool once is pure luck? You are delusional.

Luck doesn't run for 2 seasons. Luck is in one-off games and cups.

Also, I know that we all want to play like City and Liverpool but that only happens when the entire club pulls in the same direction. Can you say that for us?

Did we play like or better than City and Liverpool under any manager post SAF?
Your delusional. We were freaking lucky to finish 2nd and above Liverpool. We had literally sod all injuries and Liverpool had an injury crisis. Even had to play a midfielder in defense. In the end only finished 5 points ahead. If Liverpool didn't have the injury crisis they would of finished 2nd.

Also Liverpools injury crisis. And playing in empty stadiums due to covid which is why we had that unbeaten away streak.

Individual performances bailed him out so much. Ole was clueless and his football was horrible. Very few matches were enjoyable to watch.

I just did! And it isn't helping.. quite the opposite. Rating them players down on form is just ridiculous.. And it just show you know nothing about football..

True, form is temporary. Fifa rating is the only way we must judge a player.

Who cares if they performs like shit, as long as they are big names with high Fifa rating

Same way Rashford being motivated and a somewhat decent player a couple years ago helps us now. Or the same way Lingard scoring in an FA Cup final years ago makes him an amazing squad player. Current form is irrelevant when you play for a poxy club like United where a consistently high standard isn't important.

He wasn’t just a failure. He was a disaster.

I can’t believe anyone is still taking up for him.

True, form is temporary. Fifa rating is the only way we must judge a player.

Who cares if they performs like shit, as long as they are big names with high Fifa rating
I don't know what that poster is on about

I simply questioning a freak statistic. You recovered 31 points from losing positions. The next best team was 20. This season the most so far is 14 and it won’t be anywhere close to that. I’m not denying there’s a little skill involved but outright denying there’s no luck involved at all is criminally delusional.

This isn’t a thread comparing Ralf to Ole. I don’t care what Ralf is doing. I’m simply stating a fact that some of your own fans are wise enough to notice, Ole was lucky and his luck did run out. He was a shite manager before United and he will be a shite manager after United. 10 years in his career and he still made amateur mistakes and was continuously compared to Lampard, a rookie in comparison.

I simply questioning a freak statistic. You recovered 31 points from losing positions. The next best team was 20. This season the most so far is 14 and it won’t be anywhere close to that. I’m not denying there’s a little skill involved but outright denying there’s no luck involved at all is criminally delusional.

This isn’t a thread comparing Ralf to Ole. I don’t care what Ralf is doing. I’m simply stating a fact that some of your own fans are wise enough to notice, Ole was lucky and his luck did run out. He was a shite manager before United and he will be a shite manager after United. 10 years in his career and he still made amateur mistakes and was continuously compared to Lampard, a rookie in comparison.
Whenever I watched us under Ole, I kept telling my friends that I don't know wtf these players are doing on the pitch. They just somehow end up winning!

It was pretty evident that this "go out there and enjoy" won't last long.

Clearly not someone serious, even the username speaks volumes. Same guy said if Ole was still here Haaland would come here in the summer and that Haaland is going to Arsenal.
But if we question that we don't know anything about football

10 years in his career and he still made amateur mistakes and was continuously compared to Lampard, a rookie in comparison.
For me this was the most obvious thing. For us United fans comparing the manager with Chelsea's seemed normal but it's abnormal when you look deeper into it. Ole did get lucky. But the luckiest he had been was when he signed Bruno and Bruno started firing right away and saved him the job.

Maybe we should call back scholes giggs beckham and co according to your logic. They are just in bad form now right cause of age. Maybe they can go back to early 2000s form