Solskjaer's legacy and his future

:lol:

There are people wanting him back. Maybe he can waste another 130m on our defense and keep ignoring that midfield.
Nobody really wants him back. Do they? Nah. Sweet fella, gave us some good memories.

Any half decent coach should be able to do at least as well as Ole did. You can’t come in, do terrible, do worse than Ole, and blame him for it. It’s nuts.

Nobody really wants him back. Do they? Nah. Sweet fella, gave us some good memories.

Any half decent coach should be able to do at least as well as Ole did. You can’t come in, do terrible, do worse than Ole, and blame him for it. It’s nuts.

My read is most definitely not that Rangnick is doing worse. Ole had us in relegation form when he got sacked (sadly far too late).

Getting stuffed by Watford and Leicester was better than being boring? Ole struggled against some bang average teams in the group stage, he'd have been embarrassed by Atletico.

Don’t get me wrong. Sacking ole was 100% the right thing to do. I was just hoping we’d become a better team by doing it. Right now we’re about as bad, only even less likeable/exciting/entertaining.

Instead of getting stuffed by Watford we’re getting stuffed by City. Obviously it’s more “understandable” to get stuffed by City, but that never happened with Ole. We can pick results to fit any narrative, really. But the fact is that we’re still very bad. And I was told the squad was more than good enough, as long as we got literally anyone but Ole at the helm.

We’re scoring way fewer goals, and not really winning any more games with RR. And it’s making me depressed and apathetic.

We're not as bad. We were getting demolished under Ole consistently.

We were a complete laughing stock under Ole at the end.

We improved a teeny bit, but it's not enough.

We’ve improved a teeny bit in some areas, and regressed a bit in others. Sacking Ole was the right thing to do, i’m not sure hiring Ragnick was.

My read is most definitely not that Rangnick is doing worse. Ole had us in relegation form when he got sacked (sadly far too late).
If we’re only going to look at Ole’s last ten games then I can’t disagree.

The same people getting onto RR [who has been awful] for now being knocked out of the UCL are the same ones falling over themselves to excuse OgS’s consistent failures in the UCL & more so the UEL semis/finals.

His legacy is the lowering of standards. He lowered expectations in the fans & lowered them so much at board level we hired a man that hadn’t managed for years. His legacy should be something we learn from & don’t do again.
Damn you ole for having Ralf rangnick hired is a brand new level of nonsense hahaha

I miss the man, honestly. We’re as bad right now as we were when Ole got the sack. But now we’re anemic and plain boring to watch as well.

Wasn’t the narrative that “with this squad any half decent manager would make us contenders”? What happened?

The club is rotten to the core. Sack everyone. Burn it all to the ground. I don’t even care who takes the helm next, if it’s with the same people running things, it won’t make any difference anyhow.
Utter rubbish. I never want to see us play that horrible defensive championship counter attack 6 at the back football again. At least today we tried to attack, out defensive line was just outside Atleticos box. With Ole all out team would be playing in our own half unless we are counter attacking. 3 years and millions spent to play counter shite. He bloody ruined us.

Biggest mistake he ever did was to name Maguire club captain. When you see the Old Trafford give the Bronx cheer when the captain is taken off, you know it's really bad. If it wasn't for football politics, Captain Fatfeck would be sitting on the bench by now.

Was that PSG game the worst thing to happen to us? I mean the rot runs deep but I feel at least this cycle of malaise started then.
No, the cycle of malaise started with the Glazers becoming owners and then Ferguson growing old and having to retire. Only him was able to hold this poorly run club together.

I miss the man, honestly. We’re as bad right now as we were when Ole got the sack. But now we’re anemic and plain boring to watch as well.

Wasn’t the narrative that “with this squad any half decent manager would make us contenders”? What happened?

Actually the narrative was that if a decent manager came in and made this squad successful, Ole should deserved the credit for building it and reviving us as a competitive team…

Not that that should absolve Rangnick of everything that’s happened since, but the narrative would very clearly have been augmented to suit any agenda, whatever happened..

Damn you ole for having Ralf rangnick hired is a brand new level of nonsense hahaha
Nonsense would be you whining in the 9 games left thread about. . . Ole.

Had OgS not fecked up royally to begin the season after ridiculous investment then we wouldn’t have been looking for a manager at a point where most decent ones were in jobs so yes, OgS’s failures led to us hiring RR. That isn’t up for debate.

Redcafe is burning while he is swimming in all that sack money, props to him. Wasting time and money can happen to anyone, his biggest impact is standards dropping among fans.

Before he became a manager, word winner was used to smack all kinds of potential managers, managers that didnt win titles were mocked and marked left right center. Suddenly after his hiring, when fan base saw that winning anything is to hard for him, complete shift, winning became non important, people didnt mind us getting knocked out in cup semis at all, vs the likes City, hell some even spinned it was good for us, "bigger fish to catch" in rest of the season, clear progress they said haha, fecking shameless.
That trophies for ego quote from him really sums up his tenure and our current lot. Bunch of fecking pussy losers. And his defenders said that he left the team in a better state for the next manager :lol: Kiss my arse

People saying Ole would have done better but he had already lost the dressing room. There’s no coming back from that.

Ralf took over a dressing room that hates each other and top 4 was basically gone already. Add in the fact that he’s here as an interim and all the ingredients for this terrible season are there.

It’s not Ole or Ralfs fault. This is the boards mismanagement of the entire staff, both coaching and players.

:lol:

There are people wanting him back. Maybe he can waste another 130m on our defense and keep ignoring that midfield.
Next up: 70m for tyrone mings. Buy british core crap that he spouted set us back for years. All his "core" players always stink the pitch until now.

He did a number on you after watching the state of the team against Atlético it seems a whole new rebuild is going to be needed as there isn't anything you can build upon from his regime.

He did a number on you after watching the state of the team against Atlético it seems a whole new rebuild is going to be needed as there isn't anything you can build upon from his regime.
There is. We could build upon the ashes of his shit regime. Burn it all down and start from 0. None of that cultural reboot bollox he loves to talk crap about. Would love every player associated with him especially the "british core" to feck off from the club

Aside from Bruno the signings have been super shit under Ole for the money spent. The problem with our transfer model and scouts vs a team like you guys who scout well.

Maguire 80m
Wan Bissaka 50m
Van De Beek 40m
Sancho 70m
Diallo 20m
Ronaldo 30m

300m spent and collectively the re-sale value would be about 100m now, that's where our problem is.

Ole did what he usually does. Spent a lot, wasted most of it, left the squad in ruins physically and mentally and we will now have to start from scratch. Cultural reboot, United way my arse.

This really needs to be let go.

The way things are carrying on it would not be a shock if in 25 years when we dust off the trophy cabinet for the long awaited arrival of a PL trophy that people are still crediting Ole for "laying a foundation." Maguire, AWB, Bruno will be collecting their pensions but it won't matter.

And conversely, the bitter and twisted lot will still be claiming that if it wasn't for Ole we'd have secured it a decade earlier.

Really depressing it cannot just be accepted for what it is. Legend of the club, didn't work - move on.

This. Better managers than him would have failed (and they have).

Ole clearly had his shortcommings as a manager, but its a whole lot more complicated than that.

Maguire, AWB, Shaw, Rashford, Martial to name a few, went from key players to complete trash is the space of a season. Then you have Greenwood being a fecking idiot.

There is something deeply wrong with the club and it goes well beyond the managers. Pretty much all of them have inherited a mess and left behind a mess in a never ending cycle.

Utter rubbish. I never want to see us play that horrible defensive championship counter attack 6 at the back football again. At least today we tried to attack, out defensive line was just outside Atleticos box. With Ole all out team would be playing in our own half unless we are counter attacking. 3 years and millions spent to play counter shite. He bloody ruined us.
Most of this is simply false. If you’re happier now than then that’s perfectly reasonable; it’s not necessary to wildly exaggerate.

Ole clearly had his shortcommings as a manager, but its a whole lot more complicated than that.

Maguire, AWB, Shaw, Rashford, Martial to name a few, went from key players to complete trash is the space of a season. Then you have Greenwood being a fecking idiot.

There is something deeply wrong with the club and it goes well beyond the managers. Pretty much all of them have inherited a mess and left behind a mess in a never ending cycle.
Yes, have to agree with this and the poster you replied to.

Ole's legacy is Harry Maguire getting the armband. I've never seen a Manchester United captain being cheered ironically while he gets subbed out and the club is getting thrown out of the CL.

That just about sums up how badly it's gone for us under Ole's tenure.

The devastation his reign has wrought is considerable. Useless, entitled and ridiculously overpaid players, very poor squad, significantly lowered standards, etc. That being said, he carries only some of the blame. Ultimately, he was just a puppet. Just like Poch will be next season. The source of all evil is at the top. The fans carry a lot of blame as well. Cheering him on after he presided over some of the most devastating losses.

Small club mentality all around.

Ole's legacy is Harry Maguire getting the armband. I've never seen a Manchester United captain being cheered ironically while he gets subbed out and the club is getting thrown out of the CL.

That just about sums up how badly it's gone for us under Ole's tenure.

Not only this, but putting Rashford in a comfort zone, his Mc Fred etc, but overall 2 years of almost no management of this team, relying on individual flashes

I wonder how we'd have done if we did the smart thing and sacked him after the Villarreal final loss, which should've been the absolute latest time to do it considering the terrible football.

Much worse. At least like this it's all clear he's a freud. And for what its worth ole would make sure we wont entertain this legend who loved the club bullshit for the next so manh years.

If he was sacked after villareal we wont hear non stop how we should have kept him etc

It’s so funny that people are still taking any opportunity to give Ole another sneaky kick in the balls.

I wonder how long it will be before we can dream of 2nd in the league, and a Europa final.

Sneaky? We havent even kicked him yet. He's sti lauded as not so bad by many around here. Ole is the luckiest manager I've seen in my life. The boy had 9 lives here

Actually the narrative was that if a decent manager came in and made this squad successful, Ole should deserved the credit for building it and reviving us as a competitive team…

Not that that should absolve Rangnick of everything that’s happened since, but the narrative would very clearly have been augmented to suit any agenda, whatever happened..

What? There was clearly a ton of people on here insisting that Ole was a fraud and that anything like a proper coach who knows his shit would see us improve.

The first press conferences prompted a bunch of posts saying how refreshing it is to have a coach who has a clue about tactics. That narrative has obviously been debunked, but it was there.

What? There was clearly a ton of people on here insisting that Ole was a fraud and that anything like a proper coach who knows his shit would see us improve.

The first press conferences prompted a bunch of posts saying how refreshing it is to have a coach who has a clue about tactics. That narrative has obviously been debunked, but it was there.
Wasn't his first press conference more about how he wanted to make us the fittest team, no team should ever work harder than us etc.

Thank you. This is what I felt at the time as well.

We arguably should be doing a lot better with the squad we have – both now, and when Ole was i charge. Yet, now the entire squad is suddenly shit without any hope for the future.
Funny how that works. Before the first game this season we were lauded as a dark horse to win the league because of the recruitment in the summer (Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo) and the total quality of the squad. Now it's suddenly beyond comprehension shit our squad is.

Ole or no Ole - we should be doing better. Firing him was right. But when literally every single manager fails - can it be the problems run a lot deeper?

Solkskjaer was an under qualified, bad manager who should never have got the job full time.
It really is that simple.

The fact that some people still defend him show just how low standards have slipped for some in the fan base.

Aside from Bruno the signings have been super shit under Ole for the money spent. The problem with our transfer model and scouts vs a team like you guys who scout well.

Maguire 80m
Wan Bissaka 50m
Van De Beek 40m
Sancho 70m
Diallo 20m
Ronaldo 30m

300m spent and collectively the re-sale value would be about 100m now, that's where our problem is.
Sancho? :wenger: And Ronaldo did not cost 30M.

Mate, no offense but if you think these players were key players then you're part of the problem.

Solkskjaer was an under qualified, bad manager who should never have got the job full time.
It really is that simple.

The fact that some people still defend him show just how low standards have slipped for some in the fan base.

Ah, the good old "lowered standards"-argument. I bet you have the highest standards.

Mate, no offense, but either you're Nostradamus or you're Captain Hindsight himself.

Standards have really really dropped if you ever considered them players good enough to play for this club. That's if you want us to compete for league titles that is.