122.png

Height: 185cm
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
Club: ACF Fiorentina
430.png

Contract Option: Option to buy
Outfitter: Nike​

He had a good few games at the end of his loan, but he was rubbish for most of it.

Let’s not do this.

How much was the buy option ? Was there one or is it just there was a non inconsequential loan fee ?

Gazzetta dello Sport were reporting that Fiorentina would let him go for £12m. What other midfielder are we gonna get for that? I wouldn't be surprised if the club go ahead with it. We've only got so much money and Amrabat isn't a bad player at all as a backup.

It was reported last year when we signed him on loan that our option to buy him was €25m. Surely it's worth taking a punt on a younger profile player for that amount?

To be fair I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as people made out last season and was unlucky not to play more given his competition was dreadful. But still not good enough and more importantly, he's of an age where he will never be good enough. Trying to develop a promising player makes more sense.

Gazzetta dello Sport were reporting that Fiorentina would let him go for £12m. What other midfielder are we gonna get for that? I wouldn't be surprised if the club go ahead with it. We've only got so much money and Amrabat isn't a bad player at all as a backup.

It's fairly cheap considering we probably have some of the same needs in that part of the pitch as last year.

I think his wages are the only important factor. £12m is nothing, but if he's expecting a big wage, it's a rubbish deal. If we can get someone with potential, on a lower wage, for a slightly higher fee, we should do that. If not, I can see the merit in signing him.

If the price is right he's a decent squad option. God help us if he's our first choice DM again this season though.

He had a good few games at the end of his loan, but he was rubbish for most of it.

Let’s not do this.

So as soon as ten Hag tweaked his system and reverted to a similar approach used in his first season? It's almost like the environment is crucial for 99.99% of professional footballers, in order to be able to do a good job.

He's a good squad player and a good double pivot midfielder for £12m. Would absolutely take him for that amount, people are just crying because he was playing as a lone DM and unsurprisingly looked bad. Even Rodri would've looked awful in the single pivot in ten Hag's suicidal setups last season. Classic case of people not being able to contextualize and properly judge a player's true level.

That 0/10 first half against Brighton away still lingers in my mind.

But his heroics in the FA Cup final also lingers in my mind.

£12m? feck it, keep him.

If we are serious about giving Gore and Collyer opportunities then no way we should be keeping Amrabat.

Gore definitely has potential and I'd much rather keep him as the 6th midfield option than Amrabat.

If we’re selling Casemiro, I’d keep him for next DMs back up. We’ll need 2 DMs either way if we sell Casemiro so can’t imagine we’ll have too much money for both to be great options.

For sure would take him as a squad player. He can do a job for us.

If we sign Ugarte that will be it for midfield with our budget. McTominay is going nowhere and he cannot play deep.

Surely the point of a squad player is someone who steps in and doesn’t make the standard drop massively. I know squad players don’t need to be world class, but this guy gets outplayed by the opposition in most games he plays. Nowhere near good enough or consistent enough to be a squad player at a club with ambitions of getting back to the top.

Remember when people thought hes going to be the solution to midfield depth?