Sofyan Amrabat | To Fenerbahçe SK pending medical

Bruh, they're low balling 20M. Amrabat should have some self-respect and reject us, that's crazy.

"We'll have you mate, but we're only giving them a Twix and a Redbull because you're wank."

Last edited:
It would be an absolute waste spending any money on him. He wasn’t very good for the most part and the manager didn’t fancy playing him.

Bruh, they're low balling 20M. Amrabat should have some self-respect and reject us, that's crazy.

"We'll have you mate, but we're only giving them a Twix and a Redbull because you're wank."

We already paid £8.5 million for a single season loan which was crazy from the start. So if we offered £12 million we'd have reached that 20 million

I think the real question is how much are other clubs offering for him?

Don't understand. He was shite. Better gambling on someone else.

We already paid £8.5 million for a single season loan which was crazy from the start. So if we offered £12 million we'd have reached that 20 million

I think the real question is how much are other clubs offering for him?
I think the club tipped it's hand by paying such a loan fee that he's probably a part of the plan for coming years.

20m total, if he can find his tempo and we can negotiate that rebate, wouldn't be too bad. Not sure 10-12m would be enough to find a significant upgrade. Rabiot is free but you'd imagine his wages would make him as if not more expensive after a year or two.

I think the club tipped it's hand by paying such a loan fee that he's probably a part of the plan for coming years.

20m total, if he can find his tempo and we can negotiate that rebate, wouldn't be too bad. Not sure 10-12m would be enough to find a significant upgrade. Rabiot is free but you'd imagine his wages would make him as if not more expensive after a year or two.

I think for sure we planned for him to be permanent, even when we made the loan deal due to lack of finances.

However I think there was loaner's remorce. When Mainoo, and Hannibal were coming in and doing better and he didnt play even when we had injuries to midfielders. I dont think he played half as well as we were expecting and now its time to rethink it because he simply didnt play anywhere near well enough to be being picked over our young midfielders who need gametime. They might not do a lot better straight away but thats what you'd expect from players who are teens or in their early 20s. When its a 26 and now 27 year old player they've lost their chance.

WHy would he have that, he will get much higher salary and another shot to prove himself in a world famous club. What can he do in FIorentina. If hes a little lucky for injuries and gets his chance I think he can have 20-30 games for us, and that is great for his CV, rather than anything in Seria A.

I really hope he isn’t brought back, we need to be going into next season with as few of him, Eriksen, Mctominay and Casemiro as is realistically possible.

Even for a cut price fee he’d just be deadwood in 12-18 months, you cannot fault his effort levels and competitiveness on midfield, he is head and shoulders above likes of Mctominay and Casemiro in that regard. But he’s just another very limited midfielder thats only doing part of the job you want him to do. We really need to construct a functioning midfield rather than having this patched up, do a job, make do and mend mess that we seem to always be in.

I'm really struggling with the Amrabat links

Seems to go against everything else that INEOS and co have done so far. He was poor last season. And Ten Hag didn't even play him when we had several injuries in midfield. Strange all round. I can't think of one reason United want him back.

Our new McTominay, clearly not good enough but somehow finds himself at a big club.

Why would Amrabat give a flying feck about the fee to Fiorentina

I'm really struggling with the Amrabat links

Seems to go against everything else that INEOS and co have done so far. He was poor last season. And Ten Hag didn't even play him when we had several injuries in midfield. Strange all round. I can't think of one reason United want him back.

Thought he played well towards the end of the season actually, not a bad squad option if it's cheap.

Not sure about this one. If you sign a player who isn't good enough, even if you're paying less than they're arguably worth, it doesn't change the fact that they're not good enough.

Maybe he's good enough to be a squad player? I don't feel like I really saw much evidence of that though to be honest.

To me it's just knowingly signing someone who is a little bit above deadwood.

That FA Cup performance is doing far too much heavy lifting, but he performed the role that honestly most professional footballers are capable of, it was nothing special, and even in that game he still looked clumsy.

I was all for Amrabat before he arrived, quite excited TBH, then incredibly disappointed with the player that arrived at Utd, I do not see how he ever becomes a good fit for us even on a free, he does not have the attributes to play in the Prem let alone Utd, at any price the money would be better spent on a different player or even a youth prospect

To me it's just knowingly signing someone who is a little bit above deadwood.

That FA Cup performance is doing far too much heavy lifting, but he performed the role that honestly most professional footballers are capable of, it was nothing special, and even in that game he still looked clumsy.
That's clearly wrong.

He played well leading up to the Final. I'm not against him coming as a back up if it's cheap, prefer to move on though.

That's clearly wrong.

He played well leading up to the Final. I'm not against him coming as a back up if it's cheap, prefer to move on though.

To you it's wrong. He had a few improved games, but the bar was set very low. I simply think we should be aiming for better.

To you it's wrong. He had a few improved games, but the bar was set very low. I simply think we should be aiming for better.
Nah that point was nonsense, in a final against City of all teams - most professionals quite simply don't play that well.

I'd agree that I'd prefer better moving forward though.

The game before the final, away to Brighton, he was absolutely awful. It was almost comical how poor he was in that game. So it's not like he had a good run of consistent games at the end of the season really.

He did his job well in the final but that's about it from his year here. Otherwise he was nowhere near good enough.

I think we'd be mad to get him back, there has to be better options out there.

Honestly think he’s trash. Slow, not good on the ball or press resistant. He’s got heart and that’s about it. If he were so good then why are fiorentina desperate to sell him to us?

Honestly think he’s trash. Slow, not good on the ball or press resistant. He’s got heart and that’s about it. If he were so good then why are fiorentina desperate to sell him to us?

His contract ends next year.

Paid loan? He’s free next season. Eitherway it doesn’t sound promising.

Let him find a club who want to give him a 3 year contract.

We paid them 10m for a season's loan with an option to buy for another 20m. No one else will come close to that for a player of his quality in the last year of their contract.

The bar is low with this guy. Honestly, would Collyer really be any worse? I mean, really? All he has to do is be as good as Amrabat has been. Hardly lofty expectations.

I wouldn’t take him for free, let alone paying more money for him. He’s patently not good enough. He had a whole season to secure a permanent move, and one or two games aside, he was largely awful. Slow, cumbersome, poor on the ball, technically lacking. We would just be adding to the deadwood and be looking to get rid within 12/18 months. Especially if things go south with ETH and we have a new manager.

How anyone who watched us last season would advocate for this signing blows my mind. £5 million/£10 million/£15 million. It doesn’t matter. He’s just a painfully average footballer.

For the love of god can we stop giving minutes to these types of players, give them to the youth players on the fringe. He just isn't close to being good enough.

Yeah, can see this going through.
Maybe it'll be last ditch like the last time.

Don't see the point in this signing when we already have deadwood to get rid off.

As Roy Keane says - Does he do a good quiz in the evening or card tricks?