Sofyan Amrabat | To Fenerbahçe SK pending medical

You could say that about literally every single one of our players though last season. All rubbish up until a game where they could win a trophy.
Not really. Bruno and Mainoo had good seasons whereas Hojlund and Amad showed potential. McTominay had a good season in terms of end products

I think he was partly a victim of EtH not being flexible with his tactics, adapting to available players. It's not a coincidence that his best games were in last games of the season - where all he had to was be the ball winner.

If EtH plans to be flexible with his tactics or play more of the counter attacking, pragmatic football that helped close out the season well - we should consider buying Amrabat for a squad player role but if EtH is going to do what he did for most of last season (attempt to play a possession based, fast pressing, fast passing game) - wrong player for the system, even as a depth piece

His passing is quite poor. I don’t see why you’d rather not give the opportunity to someone like Collyer and invest in an upgrade elsewhere.

As a back up and nothing more I’m not against it if Casemiro is sold but this is another example of why ETH shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our incoming transfers, from what I’ve seen of Collyer though I’d rather promote him as back up to Ugarte and bring in Rabiot as back up to Mainoo.

I imagine we will bring in a first choice midfielder like Ugarte. Where it may end up being revisited is if we sell midfielders. Realistically there is a doubt over four as I’d be quite surprised if at least two, if not three, of Casemiro, Eriksen, Hannibal or Mctominay don’t depart.

Wouldn’t go back in for him personally but I’d think, if Romano is right, that’s why we’re not closing the door on it completely.

He’s out of contract next summer though and so Fiorentina will want rid asap presumably. If it isn’t us it would not surprise me at all if he ends up at Fulham as Palhinha’s replacement.

How Collyer goes over the reminder of pre season might also have a bearing.

A couple of good performances at the end of the season shouldn’t have been enough to earn a move, and I am glad they weren’t. Nothing I’ve seen suggests he’s good enough. That said, I do find it sad, because he seems a likeable chap that evidently desperately wanted to play for us.

The loan cost us 10m already. Plus his wages. Let that sink in. If we were to sign him, I wouldn’t want to invest more than another 10m. But why would Fiorentina do that? They’ve banked the 10m already, and can probably sell him for at least 15 to someone else. Maybe 20. I imagine we only got the 20m purchase price because the 10m loan fee was factored in.

He should probably run down his contract and leave for free next season. He’ll get a bumper deal from a mid-table PL club,

How about - he is an excellent option for a second choice DMF, for a low price, and we would be too naive to assume that one DMF can play all games we have to play in four different competitions?

This assumes Casemiro is getting sold, of course
Because you don't spend so much money on somebody who isn't going to be 1st choice! I have no clue, what some of you guys are thinking, we became 8th, ffs, we aren't in the CL, we aren't in contention for the league - this is the time to form a capable 1st team yet you have people around acting as if 20 million on a 28 yo is something "you just have to do". For what?! Give those minutes to younger players. Even if they don't manage to establish themselves, you find it out and you can sell them with 1st team experience. There is no fecking downside. Only, ONLY, exception is when you go intentionally for a treble and you need any cog in your system to be on point at a specific point in time.

I don't get it - the club has been run through the shits with deadwood players. Yet here we are
I think he was partly a victim of EtH not being flexible with his tactics, adapting to available players. It's not a coincidence that his best games were in last games of the season - where all he had to was be the ball winner.

If EtH plans to be flexible with his tactics or play more of the counter attacking, pragmatic football that helped close out the season well - we should consider buying Amrabat for a squad player role but if EtH is going to do what he did for most of last season (attempt to play a possession based, fast pressing, fast passing game) - wrong player for the system, even as a depth piece
I cannot understand how this myth was able to establish itself. The only good things in the last few games were the results and the title. The final was a wholesome group effort while the other games contained of barely average performances where the team, with him in it, gave more than enough chances away for the other team to beat us. Those weren't good games. And while they may have been his best - it was barely above average, even though I can understand how the followers perception is skewed having witnessed next to no real midfielders playing in midfield for us. Not even speaking of the one shocker against Brighton he managed to chip in even in that period.

It was a good decision to give him a chance, his profile to a degree seemed a good fit but he didn't cut it. We spent more money to make it a loan to not be stuck with him in case it blows up in our face.

Would rather keep Hannibal and have him trained in a deeper role than spend money on Amrabat. Even in his "good games at the end of the season" he was poor. Hannibal, Gore and Collyer should be expected to do as well as he's done or more likely better.

Would rather keep Hannibal and have him trained in a deeper role than spend money on Amrabat. Even in his "good games at the end of the season" he was poor. Hannibal, Gore and Collyer should be expected to do as well as he's done or more likely better.
Don’t forget Oyedelle.

Correct decision, he just didn’t show enough. If he could reach the levels he showed in the cup final every week then that’s different, but he was poor most of the time.

I think he is an opportunity for someone like Everton who have lost a midfielder and need that defensive stability. He was great in a double pivot when team is pinned back, and that was tested at the highest level in the final.

It will be a great deal for someone.

Not even of a free we should take him, it's not about money in this case it's about quality.

He's simply not good enough, too slow and too slow on the ball as well. Don't want him even as a squad option because that'll mean we won't fullfil that squad option place with a better player.

A competitive squad is made from starting players and players fighting to be starters. He doesn't have the quality is as simple as that he'd just eventually become deadwood and someone we'd struggle to get rid of.

I know we don't have enough money to fill all the squad holes with quality players but I rather build it slowly but with quality rather than get a bunch of mediocre players that will represent a problem in the medium term. If not enough money then rather play the youngsters than sign players of his quality.

We paid 10m as a loan fee. Florentina has already received half of what they want.

Take it or leave it offer.

Because you don't spend so much money on somebody who isn't going to be 1st choice! I have no clue, what some of you guys are thinking, we became 8th, ffs, we aren't in the CL, we aren't in contention for the league - this is the time to form a capable 1st team yet you have people around acting as if 20 million on a 28 yo is something "you just have to do". For what?! Give those minutes to younger players. Even if they don't manage to establish themselves, you find it out and you can sell them with 1st team experience. There is no fecking downside. Only, ONLY, exception is when you go intentionally for a treble and you need any cog in your system to be on point at a specific point in time.

I don't get it - the club has been run through the shits with deadwood players. Yet here we are

I cannot understand how this myth was able to establish itself. The only good things in the last few games were the results and the title. The final was a wholesome group effort while the other games contained of barely average performances where the team, with him in it, gave more than enough chances away for the other team to beat us. Those weren't good games. And while they may have been his best - it was barely above average, even though I can understand how the followers perception is skewed having witnessed next to no real midfielders playing in midfield for us. Not even speaking of the one shocker against Brighton he managed to chip in even in that period.

It was a good decision to give him a chance, his profile to a degree seemed a good fit but he didn't cut it. We spent more money to make it a loan to not be stuck with him in case it blows up in our face.

You are aware how much money we spent on Mount who clearly is not first choice, right? And 20 million euros more for Amrabat is not that much money, by the way, not at all, considering he won us FA Cup. Most of us would rather keep him and sell McTominay, but clearly United executives disagree

Either way, it was just announced that United is not going to sign him, so it's a moot point, now

You are aware how much money we spent on Mount who clearly is not first choice, right? And 20 million euros more for Amrabat is not that much money, by the way, not at all, considering he won us FA Cup. Most of us would rather keep him and sell McTominay, but clearly United executives disagree

Either way, it was just announced that United is not going to sign him, so it's a moot point, now

:lol:

I have no ill feeling toward Amrabat but I’m not sure any more funds should be used on him.

He’s not a first team quality player, he’s had one maybe 2 good games for us and that’s about it.

He’s also not at the age where you’re desperate to see how he develops or anything else so I just think it’s a thanks no thanks situation.

We’ve only got Europa to contend with right now so we don’t need too many depth players on higher wages, we’ve got decent youth coming through and id rather see them get minutes if for nothing other than to raise their value ready for future sale or give them an chance to stake a claim in the first team squad.

It would be terribly convenient to have Collyer become a first team squad member and sell McTominay for example.

That FA Cup performance gets massively overhyped too. He came in and did a job so many players could do. Even then he was sloppy. He’s such a basic footballer, far too limited.

He's a good squad player, I'd definitely take him if we can negotiate the ~£17m buy option to £12-13m. For a 28 year old squad player with reasonable wages, that's a bargain.

We aren't getting anyone better for that price and Amrabat is good enough to be a rotational double-pivot option for us. Just don't expect him to be a lone DM.

Bizarre that anyone wanted us to buy him off the back of that season.

Bizarre that anyone wanted us to buy him off the back of that season.

Bizarre that anyone would want to judge a play off the back of that season. Especially one that immediately started doing better as soon as ETH tweaked the system after the Palace loss and provided a better environment for the players.

He's a good squad player, I'd definitely take him if we can negotiate the ~£17m buy option to £12-13m. For a 28 year old squad player with reasonable wages, that's a bargain.

We aren't getting anyone better for that price and Amrabat is good enough to be a rotational double-pivot option for us. Just don't expect him to be a lone DM.
Didn’t we turn down Sabitzer for £17m? I’d say he would’ve been a far better permanent signing

Didn’t we turn down Sabitzer for £17m? I’d say he would’ve been a far better permanent signing

Sabitzer would've been a good value signing for that amount too, but they are different types of players. However, the versatility of the Austrian would've came in handy IMO.

His passing is quite poor. I don’t see why you’d rather not give the opportunity to someone like Collyer and invest in an upgrade elsewhere.
Definitely. If PSR wasn’t a factor then 10-15 mil for a squad player wouldn’t be an issue. But that’s how it is. I’d like to see Collyer given a chance either way.

Bizarre that anyone would want to judge a play off the back of that season. Especially one that immediately started doing better as soon as ETH tweaked the system after the Palace loss and provided a better environment for the players.
He was decent in a backs to the wall performance against City, that's it.

He’s was worse than Wout in my opinion and definitely worse than Sabitzer yet some want to sign him…..

He was decent in a backs to the wall performance against City, that's it.
Yep. I also quite like the idea of being ruthless and returning to the mentality of having to play bloody well just to stay at United. Every player should always be on trial. Amrabat didn’t make the grade, no problem - shake his hand and wish him well. But don’t sign him just because he’s cheap and can do a job. Why reward mediocrity again?

It feels like for so many players United has been the destination, not the journey. Now they’re here they can relax because they’re set for life and not worry how well they play because the contract extensions will roll in anyway. We need to make it clear that culture is over.

So because we made a mistake with Mount it makes it a better idea to do another mistake? Thats not very convincing. He also didn't won us the FA Cup he was one of many who played well on the occasion. Against a City team that didn't seem to bother about preparing for us.
Thats how it is - you get a chance and then you take it or leave it. Was it bad timing? Perhaps but it certainly wasn't just bad timing. Imagine, we finally got rid of Donny and there is some talk about McTominay and Eriksen. Is there some deadwood warning light popping off with some of you?

I'd get your logic if we would be at a point where we'd play for several comps but we aren't. Thats not a moment to burn 20 million for somebody whose minutes can go to Gore or Collyer. Heck I'd take Hannibal before him, he at least has still potential and increase his value.

Honestly, I start becoming unwell on what I said about Woody and all his decisions and how one person can get so many things about football wrong. But he wasn't the only one who seem unwilling to learn.

Sorry have to give this a pass. He is not good enough.

Rabiot available for free and we should sign him instead. Also, Fred was better than him too. Both of them run a lot, break out play and with decent passing. Also, prone to mistakes.

I do feel Amrabat is being done a bit of a disservice with regards to passing. He may not be as adventurous as many of the others but he's also nowhere near as erratic as most of them. He's a high volume passer and bar a couple of glaring mistakes, I think his pass completion percentage is probably in the higher percentiles

We are playing a good negotiation game to erase the overpay culture made by old Glazer team..
We will buy him in cheaper cost or select another one.

He does not possess enough quality for me, or at least he hasn't showed enough quality yet, for that I am for not signing him, but I do see why he would be an appealing choice for the club if his transfer cost is as low as only £10m, but I do not see it, he is good player for the PL, but he isn't good enough for our ambitions, even as a squad option, we need quality starting players, and the squad options should be someone that can put a challenge for a starting player.

He seems like an adequate player for a middle-table team that plays compact and defensive football. Some people mentioned that ETH tweaked the tactics, but they might not realize that it was just for one game where we played extremely defensively. You can't forget that he had an absolute stinker in the game right before that final. Unless people here want that as our regular style, what's the point of buying him, especially at that price? His passing wasn't exactly great, he made mistakes under pressure, and he seemed slow. If those are his usual attributes, he probably wouldn’t fit in a style where we want to play on the front foot and dominate possession. And I thought most fans here wanted that kind of style.

He is not going to improve those much at 28.

I do feel Amrabat is being done a bit of a disservice with regards to passing. He may not be as adventurous as many of the others but he's also nowhere near as erratic as most of them. He's a high volume passer and bar a couple of glaring mistakes, I think his pass completion percentage is probably in the higher percentiles
His short passing game is quite good actually, and some of long passes/switches he executes are good too.

He tried hard so i've no bad feeling towards him and I hope he gets a good move..... Just not good enough if we genuinely want to be pushing for top four and titles.

Hope we don't waste money on a player we know isn't good enough.