Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still flavour of the bloody month. The question wasn't whether he is a good manager, but whether the crowd are piggy backing on his recent success. Yes. 12 months ago 80% of these people hadn't heard of him despite 2 successive leagues including a double

It's hardly like he's Alan Pardew though. He has a track record that should catapult him above that nonsense tag.

I used to work at that Golf Club.

That counts as ITK in my book.

We've got one, lads. Follow him!

18-follow-the-gourd.jpg

Yes, but United's not the club Fergie took over, it's a bloody behemoth thesedays as you well know. I think Martin Edwards said the next man won't be as hands on and all. But if it is Moyes, I wouldn't be unhappy. I think he deserves a shot at a top club.

Agreed. Just hopefully he gets that chance in Italy or Germany.

Where's Jim White when you need him?

I don't think the best way to announce it would be in front of the fans after the game, as romantic as it'd be, Old Trafford would be in bits.

If he was going to retire at the end of this season, it worries me that now would probably be the time to announce it. On the other hand it may be the only reason this story has legs.

Why would it ever make for fergie to announce his retirement with two games left to play? Yes, there's the opportunity to honor fergie before the last home game, but that can't possibly be his way of doing things, right?

Hmm. This is the first time since his initial retirement that there is serious sudden speculation that SAF is about to retire.

We knew that it would happen abruptly without warning. And there is no reason why this current speculation is not true.

So this is what is feels like. Its horrific. Triple feck.

If we don't get a press statement beforehand, Friday's press conference will be interesting to say the least.

Seriously, what the feck is this all about?

It seems to have just come out of the blue at some point tonight. Well it's the first I've heard about it anyway.

its always going to come 'out of the blue'. This is what it feels like! :(

Why would it ever make for fergiesense to announce his retirement with two games left to play? Yes, there's the opportunity to honor fergie before the last home game, but that can't possibly be his way of doing things, right?

Would be pretty shitty if he did it after the season ended and you didn't get a chance to play o e last game with him in charge at OT.

I got a massive inkling from his reaction at the end of the Madrid game that he could retire in the summer. His reaction was beyond that of someone who had been wronged, more someone who had lost his last big chance of glory. Am still hoping I'm just completely wrong.

Only a few weeks ago the Times' sports section had Rooney going to PSG on the front page. Moral of the story - the media are just as susceptible to rumours as everyone else and print on a hunch without hesitation nowadays. Won't believe a word 'till it actually happens.

I got a massive inkling from his reaction at the end of the Madrid game that he could retire in the summer. His reaction was beyond that of someone who had been wronged, more someone who had lost his last big chance of glory. Am still hoping I'm just completely wrong.

I actually said exactly this to people in my office the day after that game.

Only a few weeks ago the Times' sports section had Rooney going to PSG on the front page. Moral of the story - the media are just as susceptible to rumours as everyone else and print on a hunch without hesitation nowadays. Won't believe a word 'till it actually happens.

Fair point although the transfer window isn't open yet.

Maybe this is an attempt to distract everyone from the FA Cup Final this week, which features a certain club.....

I'm truly bricking it now. It's every where. Annoucement about the manager supposed to be coming. It's either immediate retirement or retirement at the end of next season with Moyes doing a one year apprenticeship as Assistant manager. Fergie probably moving upstairs. Devastating if true but I suppose it had to happen sometime.

The mirrors got a nostalgic photo gallery, so it must be true.

He's been talking about transfers loads and about sticking around with this exciting team he's got. Surely this is bollocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.