Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, what the feck is this all about?

It seems to have just come out of the blue at some point tonight. Well it's the first I've heard about it anyway.

Just read the telegraph article. It's tosh in my opinion even if Fergie is retiring. Simply guesswork. They continue to play on people's feelings. Phenomenal work. Didn't Fergie say the hip operation wouldn't make him quit at United? Unless he meant in a different capacity.

Right, Sky Sports News is on. If nothing flashes yellow in the next few minutes, we're safe. I reckon, for now.

From the republik...

Fergie To Retire Rumours Gather Pace
MAY 7, 2013 29 COMMENTS
There have been whispers for a few weeks that Sir Alex Ferguson was planning to retire at the end of the season, particularly once it became apparent that we were going to win the league.
Those whispers have got louder over recent days and there has been some talk of David Moyes, a manager Ferguson has often championed, being lined up to replace him. There was suggestion that Moyes would work alongside Ferguson next season before taking over at the start of the 2014/2015 season. Another, more optimistic rumour, related to Jose Mourinho.
Senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story, which emerged following United’s player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey on Tuesday afternoon. Some sources have claimed that United officials have been told to prepare for interviews and major networks have cleared air time.
Three days ago the club confirmed that Ferguson will be undergoing a hip operation this summer, which was an unusual move for the club who are usually fairly secretive over the health of the manager, and claimed he may miss the start of next season whilst recovering.

AUTHOR: Scott FILED UNDER Manchester United News

Rooney wants a move to Bayern according to Mirror.

If he wants to go then let him. He's one of my favourite players, but if he's not 100% committed to the club then he can feck right off!

What's this deny and confirm stuff regarding the stock exchange? Anybody able to explain that? Do we have no choice what so ever to confirm or deny a story like this within a certain amount of time?

They won't comment on anything as it will move the share price.

I don't believe any of this.

Just 2 days ago it was "fergie to miss beginning of the season with shoulder injury".

Now it's fergie retires due to health concerns.... Bs

If i open the caf in the next hour and am greeted with the 'she canee take the strain!" page, i am going to have a heart attack.

Moyes is pretty hands on at Everton. Klopp less so but he's more involved then the likes of Mourinho too.

Yes, but United's not the club Fergie took over, it's a bloody behemoth thesedays as you well know. I think Martin Edwards said the next man won't be as hands on and all. But if it is Moyes, I wouldn't be unhappy. I think he deserves a shot at a top club.

I don't know what to think to be honest, but if it is true, I would like to be the first to thank him for what he has done for this club. The man is an absolute inspiration, and I can't thank and praise him enough for the job he has done for Manchester United - and for football in general. Thankyou.

It ain't true 'til Sky Sports News' yellow ticker tape of truth says it's true.

The same Klopp who got a faltering Dortmund 3 trophies in the last 3 years and a CL Final?

He's still flavour of the bloody month. The question wasn't whether he is a good manager, but whether the crowd are piggy backing on his recent success. Yes. 12 months ago 80% of these people hadn't heard of him despite 2 successive leagues including a double

Yes, but United's not the club Fergie took over, it's a bloody behemoth thesedays as you well know. I think Martin Edwards said the next man won't be as hands on and all. But if it is Moyes, I wouldn't be unhappy. I think he deserves a shot at a top club.

Moyes I feel is far too big a risk to take. The Glazers will want someone who will have a positive impact on the shares, that's Mourinho.

I feel as though as I'm waiting to find out if a loved one is ok.

I really hope it's all bollocks, including Moyes as a successor.

From the republik...

Fergie To Retire Rumours Gather Pace
MAY 7, 2013 29 COMMENTS
There have been whispers for a few weeks that Sir Alex Ferguson was planning to retire at the end of the season, particularly once it became apparent that we were going to win the league.
Those whispers have got louder over recent days and there has been some talk of David Moyes, a manager Ferguson has often championed, being lined up to replace him. There was suggestion that Moyes would work alongside Ferguson next season before taking over at the start of the 2014/2015 season. Another, more optimistic rumour, related to Jose Mourinho.
Senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story, which emerged following United’s player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey on Tuesday afternoon. Some sources have claimed that United officials have been told to prepare for interviews and major networks have cleared air time.
Three days ago the club confirmed that Ferguson will be undergoing a hip operation this summer, which was an unusual move for the club who are usually fairly secretive over the health of the manager, and claimed he may miss the start of next season whilst recovering.

AUTHOR: Scott FILED UNDER Manchester United News

I used to work at that Golf Club.

No announcement. Telegraph, Mirror, Guardian all wumming. Haha! Didn't fool us guys!

What the feck? When did this crop up? I was getting no vibes about a departure from SAF so either this is bullshit or perhaps he feels this summer is the best opportunity to get his successor in or perhaps someone else feels that. Whatever it is I don't like it.

11pm UK time is 6pm in New York.

Which is just after the closure of the New York Stock Exchange...

It's also midnight in Denmark which means feck all but I'm dead tired here.

Well if chelsea can't pay the buy-out clause then we certainly fecking wont.

Wasn't there rumours that he got a special United-clause in his contract when he signed for Madrid?

Are "Sky Sources" ever so late on actual news?

Status
Not open for further replies.