Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be bad enough if Fergie retired but what would be worse is Moyes taking over.

Nick Powell tweeted that they had a very enjoyable golf day with staff vs players. Can't imagine it would have been so much fun he had to let the world know if they found out Fergie was retiring.

Pretty sure the players were told to expect a big announcement this Sunday, a lot of the journalists seem to be agreed on that. Could be anything though.

Maybe Fergie will retire and then come back on August 31st.

"I told you we would make a World-Class signing... Me!"

Was about to hit the sack, now I'll have to commence operation "F5".

Damn it!

Really hope this is just phelan trolling mogden or something.

Him and fergie had too many vodkas at the golf club and decided on a prank to the local wanker

feck this. Until I hear it from SAF I won't believe it. Men like him just don't quit.

Klopp is.

Yeah, indeed. If he managed to build this side by himself without inheriting a great one and win league in the past which is obviously bread and butter, then we might talk.

The Sky Sports sound effect just before breaking news came on there and my heart skipped a beat.

This is fecking with my head. If it is true at least we can fully enjoy his last two games but it won't be true. He will live forever

They will struggle to understand why he is manager.

Hang on, why does it have to be a glam? And when was the last time someone like Mourinho built a legacy? He's never around for more than three seasons. United have always preferred stability over a quick fix.

Think this is the first time I've comprehended the size of the meltdown this place is gonna go through when SAF does go.

Fergie if you've got to go away,
I don't think I can take the pain,
Won't you stay another day...
Oh don't leave me alone like this,
Our fecking midfield takes the piss,
Won't you stay another day.

:lol:

Very good.

No way. Jose to Chelsea is nailed on - Rafa and Fergie have said as much.

The only thing that could stop that is Mourinho being Mourinho. He has spent the last week alienating everyone in sight, even Pepe got a dismissive "he must be upset he was bulldozed by a 19-year-old kid" (Varane) after he defended Casillas.

His latest was that rather than thinking about Chelsea, he was now thinking about staying :lol:

No matter where, it will be fun to see him in the PL again.

I am at peace with these rumours. Absolute legend of a man, but he is in his 70's and this was always going to come. Also, I doubt he'd leave us in the shit, some sort of contingency would be in place. Also, if the rumours turn out to be untrue (preferably), then we shall still have the great man.

The reality of it is that we will obviously have to learn to go on without him in the near future either way, so an announcement of his retirement isn't really shocking. Fergie has been United manager for my entire period as a football and United follower, so I feel that my life will actually be a bit different if he was no longer in charge! I have seen or known nothing else, but I must say, in a wierd way, it will be a bit exciting almost to see how the club moves on from his reign. I choose to look forward to it, whenever it happens. Not that I want him to go of course, but he obviously will soon, and it will be the most interesting thing in all of football to see how we fare. Will also be interesting for me/us.

Hang on, why does it have to be a glam? And when was the last time someone like Mourinho built a legacy? He's never around for more than three seasons. United have always preferred stability than a quick fix.

Yep. SAF runs the club from top to bottom almost and is involved in even U 12 recruitment.

Mourinho has never been that guy.

Genuinely sharting myself here. Please let it be false!

i5's mid day in america, prob corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.