Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a flurry of punts intended to drum up interest in a particular bet led to an unsubstantiated twitter-meltdown which caused journalists to clamour over each other in order to take the spotlight for a brief few seconds?

We live in the twitter-age. Whether it's true or not, it's just the way the world works right now. News is what you can make go viral.

This is true tbh. Twitter made Journos pick up story that some poor missing guy was Boston terrorist.

I really doubt I'm going to be able to go to sleep tonight :(

These rumours are kicking on because Club has completely shut themselves down. Even no unofficial communication like usual.

It is quite worrying this aspect.

I really doubt I'm going to be able to go to sleep tonight :(

:lol: I wouldn't worry. Nothing in this.

Clearly there's going to be some kind of news from the club in the morning hence all the conclusions being jumped too but it won't be that Fergie is stepping down. No way.

These rumours are kicking on because Club has completely shut themselves down. Even no unofficial communication like usual.

There's no reaction because half of the staff are probably in bed like normal people.

Its past 12, they've probably all gone to bed unless they're changing the bed sheets after pissing themselves laugh at this shambles.

Telegraph probably chose to break this well into the night so that United wouldn't be able to quash the rumours straightaway thus getting them plenty of 'hits' and 'sells'.

There's no reaction because half of the staff are probably in bed like normal people.

A BBC Sports Journo on their news channel, said that United hadn't been answering lines since early evening.

A BBC Sports Journo on their news channel, said that United hadn't been answering lines since early evening.

tbf had they known it would blow up like it has this evening that may not have been the case

(Assuming there's nothing in it)

Didn't David O'Leary just win his court case against that foreign team? I think he's available now.

"Yeah I'm available, who's this??"

1347334100_7587d28071_z.jpg

Didn't David O'Leary just win his court case against that foreign team? I think he's available now.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost much to get Jamie Redknapp out of his contract with Sky either.

We will know something tomorrow, we just can't rush these things anymore as were are listed on the NYSE so if there is any truth behind this I reckon we get some sort of announcement before pre-market trading.

I refuse to even entertain the thought until I hear words come from the man himself that warrant doing so.

These journos try ever so hard to drum up interest. "Oi! I just called me United contact but he ain't pickin up! Something is clearly wrong!"

He said he's going nowhere barely three days ago. I call it bollocks.

I don't understand how Fergie's retirement could possibly come as a surprise to anyone. He's 71, it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Still think these are rumors. He is just too competitive to retire after this season. Next season might be one of his biggest challenges yet and there is no way he is backing away from it now. Plus he would love to give the Champions League another try.

I don't understand how Fergie's retirement could possibly come as a surprise to anyone. He's 71, it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

See below.

He said he's going nowhere barely three days ago. I call it bollocks.

He was at the U21 game yesterday watching keenly with his staff ffs.

I'd say that you cant really read into there is no comment from the club. Because we are floated if the club were to come out and say he isn't considering his position, then it turns out he has been, then they've lied to the markets and could get done for it.

Furthermore, if he is going then its probably no signed off. Again meaning they cant announce anything

Still think these are rumors. He is just too competitive to retire after this season. Next season might be one of his biggest challenges yet and there is no way he is backing away from it now. Plus he would love to give the Champions League another try.

But he also loves being a winner. He knows that if he stays on, there is the possibility that it could be a couple of seasons before we win the title again. There's no way he'll be happy retiring when another club are champions.

You could always say this though. It applies almost every single Summer.

He's not going anywhere just yet. If. I turn out to be wrong, then I demand a 14 day ban.

Ferguson in the past has shown that what he said could be the complete opposite of what he'll do.

Yeah, I know. It's a bit different this time round. We aren't talking about transfer negotiations / deals that he tends to keep rather secret-ish, nor bloody line-ups.

Moyes to be made assistant manager for the year, taking over next year.

This is my theory.

If this is the last night I go to sleep with Ferguson as Man United manager than what a 22 years it's been. I was born 4 years after he took over. Every second of my life I've had Ferguson managing my team.

Couldn't have asked for any more. What a fecking hero he has been to me. Thankyou for everything.

If this is the last night I go to sleep with Ferguson as Man United manager than what a 22 years it's been. I was born 4 years after he took over. Every second of my life I've had Ferguson managing my team.

Couldn't have asked for any more. What a fecking hero he has been to me. Thankyou for everything.

You certainly know how to make it melancholic. I'm pretty much the same, having been born 3 years after his arrival.

Still, I'll believe it when I hear it from him. Or not, even then I'd be hoping for a change of heart. By and large I'll believe it the time I see our next manager in the dugout.

Yeah, I know. It's a bit different this time round. We aren't talking about transfer negotiations / deals that he tends to keep rather secret-ish, nor bloody line-ups.

If the news are true, I wouldn't rule out something un-expected has happened to him or his family. Hopefully at-least this is not true.

We'll see tomorrow.

He will still be our manager for the game against Swansea no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.