Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Johnson said it's very unlikely to be true. I'm satisfied.

a few folk who are usually in the know seem to think these aren't just rumours.

Surely Sir Alex isn't going to leave United just like that?!

Admittedly if done this way it removes the disruption to the team when similar rumours leaked a decade ago, however the reports don't quite tally with the manner in which i'd expect SAF to handle it [not unless he knows something we don't about future club policy and that is a factor here].

He wouldn't have let the season end in such a relative whimper if this was it either.

Or he's had a Steve Coppell type moment, unbeknownst to us Fergie hast suddenly lost the energy or and enthusiasm and wants to make a clean break with the trophy back in the cabinet.

:confused:

Ollie Holt... couldn't be accused of stirring things could he

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22
Don't know truth behind Ferguson quit speculation. Do know there is a feeling at Old Trafford that some sort of big news is coming

BBC gossip column has gone into overdrive on this story.

Ian McGarry says that he's been told that SAF 'considering his future' with family.

Weve won the title and it would give us 2 games to say goodbye to SAF, thats the only thing I can say if it came out now.

Still think its a crock of shit though.

Don't know truth behind Ferguson quit speculation. Do know there is a feeling at Old Trafford that some sort of big news is coming

Nike extend deal and land us Ronaldo and Gundogan :drool:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd be inclined to believe him, for someone who seems borderline illiterate, he does get united related stuff spot on.

I actually agree. He's the first ITK guy I've seen be consistently right on anything, ever.

Admittedly if done this way it removes the disruption to the team when similar rumours leaked a decade ago, however the reports don't quite tally with the manner in which i'd expect SAF to handle it [not unless he knows something we don't about future club policy and that is a factor here].

He wouldn't have let the season end in such a relative whimper if this was it either.

Or he's had a Steve Coppell type moment, unbeknownst to us Fergie hast suddenly lost the energy or and enthusiasm and wants to make a clean break with the trophy back in the cabinet.

:confused:

What if the player's found out that this'll be his last season and that's part of the reason for the ropey form over the last few weeks?

I actually think if this is true it would be the perfect time. Our two remaining games are against mid tables sides and the title is wrapped up. Would finish up at home and let Phelan take control away to WBA.

Thinking now about the stand and the statue maybe it has been obvious all along.

I think it's about to happen.

Alright Tommy.

My gut tells me it wont be now though.

So Chelsea get Mourhino
Bayern get Pep
We get Moyes

..... seriously?

We'd have lost a fifty and found depending on your view of Moyes, found twenty pence to a quid.

This is quite a gloomy development if true, but I think the stories of retirement being publicized by the print media outlets are unfounded. Although the idea of parting ways with the most recent team he built on a high note with a Premiership trophy to his name seems plausible, I still believe Fergie won’t call it quits until he wins his third Champions League title. He has always been keen on taking on new challenges by making the necessary changes and even adapting the style of play of United in order to succeed. After losing out to an outstanding Barca side on two occasions and watching the likes of Bayern dominate the tournament recently, I think Fergie would want to be at the helm of the current United team as it fulfills its potential in a few years and it starts to effectively compete for the ultimate prize in Europe as a genuinely strong contender.

The only fear that I have at this point in time is that the knowledge that we have about his current health condition, including the impending hip surgery and other underlying health issues, may not be sufficient to judge whether he’d be able to stay on as manager for multiple seasons. I really hope that by tomorrow morning we’ll get to hear firm statements denying the saddening rumors floating around.

Alright Tommy.

My gut tells me it wont be now though.

So Chelsea get Mourhino
Bayern get Pep
We get Moyes

..... seriously?

Well, Chelsea bought Mata and we got Young. Shit happened, my friend.

He seems to think that Mourinho is nailed on to sign for Chelsea too.

Well we have sold Ronaldo and brought in Valencia. Moyes for Fergie would be similar.

A lot of that had to do with us getting Van Persie and them getting Torres. Quality does talk.

They weren't on the same transfer window.

I'd gladly swap van Persie with Torres if that means we get Mata. ;)

What if the player's found out that this'll be his last season and that's part of the reason for the ropey form over the last few weeks?

A mini version of before and on this occasion for real? I suppose it's possible but you would hope that such a development would be kept to maybe only oneor two people or was even spontaneous, instead weeks if not months prior.

Well we have sold Ronaldo and brought in Valencia. Moyes for Fergie would be similar.

Glazernomics. The main reason I feel we would get Moyes, I suppose the key thing is we would finish 4th at worst which is the main thing.

feck, I just went away to watch a movie and came back here. feck.

Hopefully it's not true, but it could easily be. I think that when SAF retires we will not know it before, and the announcement will come just like that.

Hopefully in the 11pm we will hear that we have signed Ronaldo or returned Bebe, not that the boss is retiring.

United are apparently not allowed to make a statement today, if this is true. :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.