Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there's nothing out of character or unlikely at all for Fergie to announce his retirement via the medium of a vague rumour on twitter.

To be fair, one of the story tags seems to be 'players told to expect an announcement' yet Hernandez and De Gea were happily tweeting not long back.

I smell bullshit.

This is bullshit. When the dreaded day comes , it won't be like this.

Some people are in denial, yes they're only rumours but the day Ferguson retires is looming. Whether this year or the next. It's highly likely he'll be gone.
Also, people saying it wouldn't end like this, Ferguson said he's not going to go through the whole 'retiring at the end of the season' thing again.

I cant imagine United without SAF.

Oh, and shouldnt the thread title be changed slightly, its a rumour atm.

EaWMcMW.png

Wait didn't SAF say he wanted Scholes to play on Sunday? Maybe another send off for Scholesy?

I would say that's a "significant announcement"

I hope his health is fine - if there is anything in this then it will be down to his health.

Some people are in denial, yes they're only rumours but the day Ferguson retires is looming. Whether this year or the next. It's highly likely he'll be gone.
Also, people saying it wouldn't end like this, Ferguson said he's not going to go through the whole 'retiring at the end of the season' thing again.

Erm .... I do know that, it wont be this year though. You stay up all night if you want :lol:

At the end of the day, the man is 71 and if he's having hip surgery and thinking about his health, perhaps there's some truth to his. We'll wait and see.

I'd love nothing more than for him to have one more season with us, win the Treble and go out on a real high :D Whether we like it or not, the day will come where he will retire and we have to prepare for that. I don't want him to remain here for another season or two, and possibly not win the title or failing to win the CL again.

With City in the mix these days, and Jose possibly back at Chelsea, we aren't certs for anything. It would be fitting for Sir Alex to end on a high after all he's done for us.

I blame Phelan for all this. Not sure why but it's clearly his fault somewhere.

Cheers. There will be no response from SAF or MUFC because there's nothing to respond to and it certainly wouldn't come in reaction to this. If it is true, they will announce it when they are good and ready as opposed to reacting to media speculation.

The end of SAF as manager will come quicker that most on here will admit too, but it wont come like this.
I am in work all night so will keep refreshing to see if anything happens, but I don't think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.