Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

He was born in Spain, he grew in Spain, he speaks Spanish as the average spaniard. The logical thing is him playing for Spain. It is like saying that Cameroon messed up with Mbappe because his father was born in Cameroon.

https://as.com/futbol/seleccion/del...echo-mejores-aunque-a-algunos-no-les-guste-n/

Del Bosque’s quote Translates to: “We have two immigrants who have made us better even if some people don’t like it”

Yes he’s born in Spain and speaks Spanish etc, but I can’t help but feel not everyone within the Spanish fanbase are fully supportive of him.

We saw the abuse Nico faced by Atletico fans. Those Atletico fans are also supporters of the NT.

So what's Gareth going to do tonight, Guehi back in? Shaw to start?

I think I Guehi will come back in but Shaw won't start.

Switch back to a back 4. Guehi back in for Konsa, Trippier at LB, Saka RW, is my guess. Basically, the XI that started against Slovakia.

whoever goes through gets pasted by Spain.
England look knackered after 60 mins in games where we have 60% of the ball, nevermind one where we'll see about 30% of the ball, having gone to ET twice and having a day less rest than Spain.
Netherlands stand a better chance but they haven't really shown anythign to suggest they could do any damage to this Spain team.

I predict netherlands will win after ET and get obliterated in the final

England look knackered after 60 mins in games where we have 60% of the ball, nevermind one where we'll see about 30% of the ball, having gone to ET twice and having a day less rest than Spain.
Netherlands stand a better chance but they haven't really shown anythign to suggest they could do any damage to this Spain team.

Spain is just a class above the others, it's so obvious.

It does feel like winning today is just a recipe to get hurt even more in the next match. So perhaps it's best to just lose today and get it over with.

It does feel like winning today is just a recipe to get hurt even more in the next match. So perhaps it's best to just lose today and get it over with.
A final is a final. Much youngsters in Spain squad and who knows what happens after an early Dutch goal and a Spanish red card? Never give up on finals. We are due one winning.

A final is a final. Much youngsters in Spain squad and who knows what happens after an early Dutch goal and a Spanish red card? Never give up on finals. We are due one winning.
Wouldn't you rather save that being due luck for a WC instead? (Tho these days it seems even harder to get to a final for those, so who knows how many possible decades of a wait that could be).

You're right though, every game is a moment in and of itself and stranger things have happened.

Wouldn't you rather save that being due luck for a WC instead? (Tho these days it seems even harder to get to a final for those, so who knows how many possible decades of a wait that could be).

You're right though, every game is a moment in and of itself and stranger things have happened.
I would give up 2024 and 1988 EC cups for a win in 1998 WC without even thinking. :D

I thought England would get done over by the Swiss, but I think they’ll beat the Netherlands. I certainly think England stand a better chance against Spain. Everyone is just so poor, I don’t even think Spain are particularly good, they’re just the only balanced team with a bit of quality this year.

Good riddance to the French. Horrible bunch and footballing justice has prevailed. Delighted they couldn’t just speed and power their way to the title.
Only if we also manage to get rid of England tonight.

Last edited:
I thought England would get done over by the Swiss, but I think they’ll beat the Netherlands. I certainly think England stand a better chance against Spain. Everyone is just so poor, I don’t even think Spain are particularly good, they’re just the only balanced team with a bit of quality this year.

I think this is a fair assessment.

Spain have been made to look better by the lack of overall quality amongst other "top" nations, whilst still being very slick and oiled themselves.

On paper at least England should have way more gears to their game, but I have very little faith Southgate will be able to get them playing to their potential. England have definitely shown they've got the mental capacity to overcome bad performances, however, something they've not had in a long time. Interesting times!

I'd be lying if i said i didn't consider that too. This is what being an England fan does to you

A lot of people are comparing England to Greece but it's not the same at all due to the squads available to both nations.

A lot of people are comparing England to Greece but it's not the same at all due to the squads available to both nations.
Squad quality is one thing.

Did you see who Greece beat before reaching the final? There's absolutely no comparison.

The Dutch will do us and I will spend tomorrow laughing through the tears at more AI generated videos of Southgate.

Amazed that any england fans actually think we will win, tonight. We've been crap and he's picking the same team again. We won't suddenly play better. We're cooked. As the kids say.

Amazed that any england fans actually think we will win, tonight. We've been crap and he's picking the same team again. We won't suddenly play better. We're cooked. As the kids say.
I think we’ll stumble over the line and then Southgate will play trippier at left back again against Spain.
He needs to put his head in one of those paint mixing machines for 5 minutes and start picking the right players for the right positions

I see more triumphalism surrounding Spain on this forum that in Spain... haha.

The NT was considered very mediocre by a huge amount of the fan base before the Euro's (it still is for many). Probably the Spain 2008-2012 is recent enough to compare and it is obvious that it is almost impossible that we ever see a Spain NT of that level in our lifetime. People are starting to believe now, but still very prudent in general.

Yes, I think Spain played the best football of the tournament until today, but that's it. I think we can win anyone, but that we can also lose to anyone. A bad day, and unlucky day and we are out. It could have happened against Germany for example. It is just one football game.

Anyway, whatever happens in the final, people in Spain will be very happy and proud of the team, because it was totally unexpected by a majority.

https://as.com/futbol/seleccion/del...echo-mejores-aunque-a-algunos-no-les-guste-n/

Del Bosque’s quote Translates to: “We have two immigrants who have made us better even if some people don’t like it”

Yes he’s born in Spain and speaks Spanish etc, but I can’t help but feel not everyone within the Spanish fanbase are fully supportive of him.

We saw the abuse Nico faced by Atletico fans. Those Atletico fans are also supporters of the NT.

They are not immigrants, they are the children of immigrants. They were born and raised in Spain and embraced Spanish culture. There is no reason to think that Spain would not be their 1st obvious option (as it was for Inaki Williams, who only plays for Ghana because didn't have options to play for Spain anymore and he wanted to experience international football). Yamal even celebrates goals with a gesture of his neighborhood (obviously, in Spain). Laporte/Le Normand can be controversial, but Yamal/Nico?

And not, not everyone in the Spanish fan base are fully supportive, for many different reasons. Some of them are just racists, some of them are just madridistas that think that he is too young and that he was only chosen because he plays for Barca and RFEF favours Barca (it might sound weird, but the Real Madrid fanbase, specially the "hard madridistas", is the least supportive of the NT these days, this is an interesting topic, but it is what it is). But "not everyone" does not mean that they are a majority (same applies for Real Madrid fan base), they are a very minor minority but that's it. Frente Atletico (Atletico's ultras) do not represent Atletico fan base as a whole, let alone the Spanish NT.

For example Morata is also abused and there was a lot of controversy the day before the France game.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40518328/euro-2024-no-respect-spain-alvaro-morata
But not only him, the coach, many of his elections (Ferran, Laporte, Fermin, Morata, Pedri...) are very criticized, or at least they were until the knockouts of the Euro. A lot of club hate going on. Not my thing, to me my 1st team is, by far, the national team, then my city's team (we are extremely bad haha) and finally, far far way, Barca.

It wasn't a 50/50 decision between Spain and Morocco, it was a 90/10 towards Spain, at the very least, so I don't think Morocco should feel that "they lost" anything.

Southgate and England play for pens - 119th minute Undertaker's music plays, Tim Krul out of nowhere.

Book it.