Scottish Football 2024/25

I know the SPL is not one of the better leagues but I’m amazed at the total lack of quality in this Rangers/Kilmarnock game.

The amount of times players have tripped over the ball at their feet, bounced several yards away while trying to control it or completely missed the flight while trying to kick it is like watching a stag parties 11-a side. Sky should be giving a discount for having the nerve to air this as a professional game:
And they should be reprimanded for not showing aberdeen v Celtic, 2 unbeaten teams at the top of the league .... awful

We should be absolutely smashing Rangers 1-0 based on this performance.

Would love to know what the Rangers fans think of their manager, they've been awful whenever I've caught one of their matches.

I know the SPL is not one of the better leagues but I’m amazed at the total lack of quality in this Rangers/Kilmarnock game.

The amount of times players have tripped over the ball at their feet, bounced several yards away while trying to control it or completely missed the flight while trying to kick it is like watching a stag parties 11-a side. Sky should be giving a discount for having the nerve to air this as a professional game:

Not sure but is this game on an artificial pitch? The pitch looks odd

Would love to know what the Rangers fans think of their manager, they've been awful whenever I've caught one of their matches.
The bears are not happy, understandably. Awful performance. Awful result. Playing Aberdeen next midweek, away from home - Wednesday week. If they lose, they will be in a massive battle for second place. They might already be in a massive battle for 2nd.

Why on earth did Rangers give him a new contract to 2028 this season? The only thing worse than their playing squad is the people running the club.

Why on earth did Rangers give him a new contract to 2028 this season? The only thing worse than their playing squad is the people running the club.
The general consensus is that he was apparently lied to by Rangers board re decent money being available at time of appointment. They then gave him the extension as an appreciation that he will have to manage the club in difficult circumstances on a limited budget. Rumour was that he was going to walk at end of season if they didn't extend his contract because of false promises re money available.

The general consensus is that he was apparently lied to by Rangers board re decent money being available at time of appointment. They then gave him the extension as an appreciation that he will have to manage the club in difficult circumstances on a limited budget. Rumour was that he was going to walk at end of season if they didn't extend his contract because of false promises re money available.
Interesting. Bet he wishes he had stuck to his principles and walked out.

Interesting. Bet he wishes he had stuck to his principles and walked out.
Privately, I'd imagine he now wishes he had walked alright.

It's a phenomenally tough job, their fans expect them to win the league every season but, financially, their budget is nowhere near Celtics budget so it makes it very tough. At least with Aberdeen, the pressure to win league every season is not there so they can grow as a club, organically, without the burden of unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: Jippy
We won 4-5 on penalties in the second round of the Scottish Cup against a team called Jeanfield Swifts, from Perth, who play in the sixth tier of Scottish football. The game ended 1-1 after extra time.

14 in a row. Aberdeen turned it on once it started raining. A good omen for the winter months ahead.