Scottish Football 2024/25

Ref was on their side today for the first goal
The ref done nothing wrong for the huns first goal yesterday other than his initial decision to disallow The Rangers goal. Play on is the correct protocol, then award the foul if you've deemed there to be one. This allows VaR a chance to rectify any mistake. It wasn't a foul by dessers and the refs call was correctly overturned.

The ref done nothing wrong for the huns first goal yesterday other than his initial decision to disallow The Rangers goal. Play on is the correct protocol, then award the foul if you've deemed there to be one. This allows VaR a chance to rectify any mistake. It wasn't a foul by dessers and the refs call was correctly overturned.
Ref caused the confusion by blowing his whistle for the foul.

I am absolutely not in to conspiracy theories re refs or anything else unlike majority of Celtic and Rangers fans, but there was absolutely zero chance the clubs would be drawn against each other in next round of cup given the shambolic tckt fiasco re allocation for away fans. Absolutely zero chance.

It's obviously different for semi or final as it will be a 50/50 split so no issues.

Both clubs should easily qualify for semis.

Looking forward to game in 2 weeks, as ever, this Irish Bhoy will be there.

Celtic should win, and should win it comfortably but certainly won't take anything for granted.

St Mirren away next week needs dealt with first. Hopefully, Kyogo will be back training early part of next week. Idah looks well short of sharpness, understandably.

Ref caused the confusion by blowing his whistle for the foul.
He blew the whistle after the goal had been scored. Michael Stewart was crying about it on Comms for ages, even though thats the correct protocol in that situation, let play go on then blow for the foul you seen as it could be wrong.

He blew the whistle after the goal had been scored. Michael Stewart was crying about it on Comms for ages, even though thats the correct protocol in that situation, let play go on then blow for the foul you seen as it could be wrong.
He didn't blow his whistle after goal was scored. That was the issue.

He didn't blow his whistle after goal was scored. That was the issue.
Has that been proven yet? Genuine question, because I didn't hear it. But the SFA said it wasn't and Levein said he couldn't tell either way, and he's got the biggest axe to grind.

The notion that because he's about to blow his whistle has confused the players is nonsense. Anyone who's played the game knows that you play until the game is dead. To me as everybody plays on it suggests the whistle wasn't blown.

Levein playing to the gallery though with his after-match comments to deflect from the defeat. Standard stuff.

Has that been proven yet? Genuine question, because I didn't hear it. But the SFA said it wasn't and Levein said he couldn't tell either way, and he's got the biggest axe to grind.

The notion that because he's about to blow his whistle has confused the players is nonsense. Anyone who's played the game knows that you play until the game is dead. To me as everybody plays on it suggests the whistle wasn't blown.

Levein playing to the gallery though with his after-match comments to deflect from the defeat. Standard stuff.
He blew it after the goal was scores. Michael Stewart was crying about it on comms for the rest of the match even though it's the correct protocol. The signal he went to make is what caused the confusion , but you play to the whistle.

Man city sniffing around Kyogo according to Fabrizio, The Athletic and other places. I'm going to cry

The SFA identify a problem but still dont understand the root cause.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cx2e957vdnwo

They completely fail to understand that the 5 to 14 year olds is where the emphasis needs to go and if they get that right the areas following will then improve (with some added work)
None of their thoughts address the poor quality of coaching of 5 to 14 year olds ( pockets of great workj done but the overall standard needs lifting)

Looks very much like Kyogo is staying, Lawwell and the Celtic board would need to go in to hiding, if they sold him. Hatate won't be sold either given Matt O Riley will sign for Brighton over next couple of days. Shrewd signing by Brighton, we are getting 30 million so can't complain.

Huge week for Celtic, we need to win today in what will be a tricky away game against St Mirren.

We need at least 2 and possibly 3 players in the door, personally, I expect we will get 3 players in given we are selling MOR.

Then, next Sunday, "our friends" from across the city will be at Celtic Park.
I expect us to beat them at home but take absolutely nothing for granted.

Early flight for me from Dublin to Glasgow next Sunday morning. As ever, buzzing for it.

How good is Hatate? Every time I've seen him, he looks class. Maybe gone next summer?

How good is Hatate? Every time I've seen him, he looks class. Maybe gone next summer?
He is a good player, not sure if he is a Premship level player though. If he is, bottom end of EPL. Bottom 8 teams level perhaps.

He is a good player, not sure if he is a Premship level player though. If he is, bottom end of EPL. Bottom 8 teams level perhaps.
He'd be fine at the higher end. He's levels above John Mcginn as a footballer for example

He'd be fine at the higher end. He's levels above John Mcginn as a footballer for example
I, respectfully, disagree. SPL has never been as bad, standard wise, its awful. Most teams are league 2 standard in England, apart from Celtic, them, Dons and Hearts.

Our best player went to a mid table club. Hatate is not at Matts level. Hatate Lower EPL player, for me. He has been linked with Leicester. There is a good reason why he hasn't been linked with a better side than Leicester in EPL.

I, respectfully, disagree. SPL has never been as bad, standard wise, its awful. Most teams are league 2 standard in England, apart from Celtic, them, Dons and Hearts.

Our best player went to a mid table club. Hatate is not at Matts level. Hatate Lower EPL player, for me. He has been linked with Leicester. There is a good reason why he hasn't been linked with a better side than Leicester in EPL.
Aberdeens best player just went to a top 4 club in the strongest league in the world.

Aberdeens best player just went to a top 4 club in the strongest league in the world.
Again, I disagree, EPL is far stronger. West ham won a Euro trophy and they are generally a mid table team. EPL, these days, is comfortably best league, quality wise, for me.

Why hasn't Hatate being linked with even a mid table EPL club? He has been linked with Leicester who'll be fighting relegation.

Awful result for us today. Losing 4-0 at home to Peterhead. We’re definitely going to be relegated into non-league.

Celtic score anyway. Rangers don't lay a glove on them these days

Both got white shorts on.

Is that allowed in epl? Thought they always had different colors across full kit

Butland is all over the place for that goal. It wasn't even in the corner.

That said, Celtic are miles ahead of Rangers and this could be 4 or 5

Butland’s mistakes have decided the last 3 Old Firm games.