Scottish Football 2024/25

With the exception of the 2020-21 season, Celtic have been by far the better team in Glasgow since 2011. To be fair that was the year in which Rangers were relegated down to the old third division, but still.

Celtic so dominant in their league. Just like City’s dominance in ours.

As I said on opening day, this won't even be close this season.

Might be a year where the old firm don’t lock down the top 2. Rangers look terrible and Aberdeen have started well.

Might as well give them the title now.

Rangers potentially looking for another new manager soon?

Celtic will wrap the title up March.

The only way Rangers can win the league in next probably 5 to 10 years is if Celtic take their eye off the ball and become complacent. We are miles ahead in terms of budget and quality. When Rodgers leaves, there could be a small window of opportunity if we don't get in a quality replacement but that's Rangers only hope. On a number of levels, there has never been a bigger gulf.

Butland’s mistakes have decided the last 3 Old Firm games.
I think if you are being honest with yourself, even if Butland had a decent game yesterday, Celtic would still have won. Celtic play with belief in these games, Rangers don't. If one team has belief ( as well as superior quality ) compared with the other team who lacks belief, 99 times out of 100, the team with belief will win.

Agree though, Butland was poor, 2nd goal, I've no words to describe how bad he was for it.

To be honest, Butland has been poor for 6 months or more.

I think if you are being honest with yourself, even if Butland had a decent game yesterday, Celtic would still have won. Celtic play with belief in these games, Rangers don't. If one team has belief ( as well as superior quality ) compared with the other team who lacks belief, 99 times out of 100, the team with belief will win.

Agree though, Butland was poor, 2nd goal, I've no words to describe how bad he was for it.

To be honest, Butland has been poor for 6 months or more.
42 minutes into the first half it was a fair comment though. We'd started well, should have been ahead, and then Celtic took control and were worthy of their lead by half time. Butland letting that trundler in killed the game. But yes there was and is a gap between the sides, don't dispute it. Celtic have invested well and have more to spend and the evidence was there to see. I thought Diomande and Jefte did well, but otherwise we looked lost. Basically, the pace Celtic have in attack compared to the lack of it in our defence is almost impossible to play against.

Agreed on Butland - our defeat was squarely on him. Similarly, we were probably the better team in the final league match at Ibrox but only managed a draw with him conceding a couple of soft goals.

42 minutes into the first half it was a fair comment though. We'd started well, should have been ahead, and then Celtic took control and were worthy of their lead by half time. Butland letting that trundler in killed the game. But yes there was and is a gap between the sides, don't dispute it. Celtic have invested well and have more to spend and the evidence was there to see. I thought Diomande and Jefte did well, but otherwise we looked lost. Basically, the pace Celtic have in attack compared to the lack of it in our defence is almost impossible to play against.

Agreed on Butland - our defeat was squarely on him. Similarly, we were probably the better team in the final league match at Ibrox but only managed a draw with him conceding a couple of soft goals.
Agree with a lot of what you say. A little bit surprised your fans slated Dio on Follow follow and bears den Rangers forums.

Thought he battled hard against McGregor and thought, as a consequence, Mcgregor wasn't at his normal standard.

I think both your big chances in first 15 mins or so were slightly offside but yee did start well.

Agree on Jefte, thought he done ok, probably better going forward than defensively though.

both your full backs defensively were a little suspect. Tav was actually very poor.

Your fans were seething on Sunday post match on the forums.

Kind of Agree on 3 - 3 game at Ibrox but I would say Celtic were far superior first half in that game. Yee were better second half.

Agree on pace up top. Kuhn is quicker, Maeda is Usain Bolt and Kyogos movement is a real handful.

A lof of fans want PC out, I think it's slightly harsh but he has to get more consistent results against the other teams in league. Apparently 9 wins in 22, that's sackable to be honest, but it's a very tough job presently managing Rangers. Pressure huge and not much money at all. If yee keep sacking managers, yee will never close the gap.

Celtic have huge money to spend, and now, crucially, it looks like Brendan is getting his way re spending serious cash. He is winning the power struggle with Lawwell in terms of being backed properly by the board.

I still maintain biggest gulf between the sides is mentality. We expect to go to Ibrox and win - not saying we will win, but the players and manager expect us to win, yee fear going to Parkhead. You could make a strong case for Rangers job being in the top 2 or 3 toughest jobs in world football at present given pressure, expectation that comes with managing us or yous, and yee having very limited resources compared with us, presently. It's a very, very tough job.

Yee have Dundee United away next, tough game given morale and confidence is not exactly high, at present.

Scenes outside Ibrox Sunday night were disgraceful. I get the anger, and I get it's been a tough period recently, but abusing Tav and PC is not doing anything to make things better.

Tav looks done though, to be honest. His pace is gone, too many miles on the clock. It's a problem PC will need to address. Would you agree?

Agree with a lot of what you say. A little bit surprised your fans slated Dio on Follow follow and bears den Rangers forums.

Thought he battled hard against McGregor and thought, as a consequence, Mcgregor wasn't at his normal standard.

I think both your big chances in first 15 mins or so were slightly offside but yee did start well.

Agree on Jefte, thought he done ok, probably better going forward than defensively though.

both your full backs defensively were a little suspect. Tav was actually very poor.

Kind of Agree on 3 - 3 game at Ibrox but I would say Celtic were far superior first half in that game. Yee were better second half.

Agree on pace up top. Kuhn is quicker, Maeda is Usain Bolt and Kyogos movement is a real handful.

A lof of fans want PC out, I think it's slightly harsh but he has to get more consistent results against the other teams in league. Apparently 9 wins in 22, that's sackable to be honest, but it's a very tough job presently managing Rangers. Pressure huge and not much money at all. If yee keep sacking managers, yee will never close the gap.

Celtic have huge money to spend, and now, crucially, it looks like Brendan is getting his way re spending serious cash. He is winning the power struggle with Lawwell in terms of being backed properly by the board.

I still maintain biggest gulf between the sides is mentality. We expect to go to Ibrox and win - not saying we will win, but the players and manager expect us to win, yee fear going to Parkhead. You could make a strong case for Rangers job being in the top 2 or 3 toughest jobs in world football at present given pressure, expectation that comes with managing us or yous, and yee having very limited resources compared with us, presently. It's a very, very tough job.

Yee have Dundee United away next, tough game given morale and confidence is not exactly high, at present.

Scenes outside Ibrox Sunday night were disgraceful. I get the anger, and I get it's been a tough period recently, but abusing Tav and PC is not doing anything to make things better.

Tav looks done though, to be honest. His pace is gone, too many miles on the clock. It's a problem PC will need to address. Would you agree?
Feels like Utd and Spurs missed a trick in not going for Kyogo. He might not be a starter but his movement is top drawer and he is still quick enough. His presence would stop teams defending so high up the pitch and create space for Bruno etc.

Feels like Utd and Spurs missed a trick in not going for Kyogo. He might not be a starter but his movement is top drawer and he is still quick enough. His presence would stop teams defending so high up the pitch and create space for Bruno etc.
His movement is excellent, no doubt.

Would be good enough for a top prem team, maybe. Genuinely not sure. SPL is awful so hard to know. Glad he is still with us though.

Agreed with all. Tav used to compete fine against Maeda, but over the last year or so he's too easily burned for pace. See the same in Europe and he cost us against Kyiv. Sterling should have played there.

Agreed with all. Tav used to compete fine against Maeda, but over the last year or so he's too easily burned for pace. See the same in Europe and he cost us against Kyiv. Sterling should have played there.
Problem is dropping the captain is a massive call. Also playing Tom Lawrence instead of Sterling in midfield ain't the answer. If Sterling goes right back, I don't see where Tav plays, and I don't really see any other option but to play Lawrence to replace Sterling in midfield.

Yee could actually do with getting rid of Tav and Lawrence in Jan and signing a midfielder. Put Sterling to RB as u say.

Raskin and Diomande did well in the cup final together. Lawrence’s legs are gone, he can’t compete in a game like that any more. Think his time is up. It’s ridiculous that Hagi hasn’t played while him and Cantwell have been alternating the 10 spot.

N
Rangers fancy Billy Ten

Raskin and Diomande did well in the cup final together. Lawrence’s legs are gone, he can’t compete in a game like that any more. Think his time is up. It’s ridiculous that Hagi hasn’t played while him and Cantwell have been alternating the 10 spot.
Hagi reportedly on 22k a week. Would find that hard to believe, in all honesty. Always thought Hagi was too slow, not athletic enough.

Raskin appears to be injured a lot. He ain't a bad player though. He worked so hard in cup final. I think if they move Sterling to RB then he may go in centre mid.

Agree on Lawrence. He is not the answer. Yee probably need to sign a number 10.

We lost 1-0 yesterday to Queen’s Park in the Scottish Challenge Cup yesterday. I think that’s the Scottish equivalent of the Football League Trophy.

Celtic got FC Vorskla Poltava in 2nd round of the champions league, probably the best draw we could’ve got.