Scott McTominay | Napoli

Shame to lose one of the better characters in the squad and his goals (which we'll now be even more short of).

Sad to lose a player who obviously loved the club and gave us everything, hope he enjoys and does well at Napoli. All the best Scotty.

Needed to be moved on, but time to prove the haters (including me) hes a semi decent player for even Napoli lvl. Good luck.

But finally new Tominay-less era begins. Hope to see Collyer to take over his role in the next few years..

Hes a decent player just not United quality. He will do well

One of the few likeable players that always gave his all. Good luck Scott.

Thanks for everything McTerminator. I'll never forget that goal against City in the rain. Those are the moments that give meaning to football.

12% of our league goals last season. What he was doing 8 years ago is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant. He should have been sold long before last season.

We ended up with no real goal difference and scored 59 goals or whatever. We weren't a functioning team

That many? Rodri only has 26 in 9 years!
Rodri has 26 in 5 seasons for City, including 8 last season in the prem. Obviously those 8 goals aren't mentioned as being his only saving grace or a reason to play him because he's a world class DM improving his team and winning multiple trophies, who also scores goals.

Whereas Scott can't function outside of moments popping up with an odd goal and lacking positional awareness and ability aside from that

Really hope it goes well for him over there. If he can produce a few of the kinds of moments he has for United, he’ll take the roof off the place.

Glad he’s gone. Nuisance player who always seems to show up. One of the players I feared on united.
Yeh I feared him too. Feared him getting minutes on the pitch because my god it was brutal…

Good luck to him, hope he smashes it out there. A top guy, a top professional, but god am I glad I never have to watch him play for Utd again.

Cracking video. Wish him all the best in Italy.
That’s a fantastic send off and never for a moment have I doubted his love for the club. The kind of player you want to see playing for Utd in attitude even if his quality was at times lacking.

I don't think Mctominay will take well to Italian football. Gilmour on the other hand may thrive

Good luck to him. Doesn't fit what we need but he's still a top footballer and will probably do very well in Serie A.

I don't think Mctominay will take well to Italian football. Gilmour on the other hand may thrive
I think he will do really well there. Napoli as a club embody that kind of grit and determination these days and Mctominay provides that in swathes. He will be a success there of that I’m convinced.

His United goal reel is a great watch, and there are a handful of moments in his career that I'll remember forever. He is also not a good enough midfielder to start matches, and we were bringing him off the bench not to change the middle of the pitch for the better but to grab a late goal. He didn't have a sustainable role in the squad, a deal could be reached that suited all parties and we went for it, win-win.

Thanks Scott, enjoy your time in Italy.

Well put. McTominay is one of the thousand reasons why I also think Mark Goldbridge is a fake United fan cuntbag profiting off YouTube
He’s a character, it’s performance for children/man children.

He’s an ex-copper called Brent.