Sander Berge | Signs for Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% we should sign him.

Solid enough player, will just slot in and do the job.

I recall Pool getting excellent value from signing Robertson from a relegated side, and iirc, Leicester also signed Maguire when they were relegated.

Maybe just the kind of under-the-radar signing where the player just fits a system really well and elevates his game, and the teams.

At worst, if the fee is decent enough, he's a squad player and we can probably recoup most of it as I'd imagine he won't be on silly wages.

It's an interesting. Was quite highly rated as a youngster, but haven't heard too much of him for a while now. Can't say I've ever seen him stand out, but I've seen a few encouraging stays floating around since the links started.

Don't really get the extreme moaning going on here because isn't this what we wanted a recruitment overhaul for? I'd be willing to give a chance to the new team in place to find "hidden" gems like who they believe can step up. If we sign him and he did step up, it's an absolute bargain which is the type of thing we've praised the likes of Liverpool for. There's no point in only looking at star names as that strategy has worked terribly for us for years now.

Last edited:
I always like the look of him. Obviously lacks a bit of pace or maybe rather agility.

But in a team that has more of the ball it should suit him more.

He’s been relegated with Sheff United and Burnley and available for about 15m quid

Bang average player is putting it kindly

I don't massively rate Berge but Andy Robertson was relegated with Hull and joined Liverpool for £8m. Just because a player was relegated doesn't make them bad.

I don't massively rate Berge but Andy Robertson was relegated with Hull and joined Liverpool for £8m. Just because a player was relegated doesn't make them bad.

Also see Roy Keane, James Maddison, James Ward-Prowse.

I’m all for doing a deal which leaves the door open to go after Wharton next summer, all things being equal.

What I will say is that if we’re going to do it, can we at least hurry up and do it? If we decide we’re moving to Berge, then go ahead and get it done, it shouldn’t take forever.

I’m all for doing a deal which leaves the door open to go after Wharton next summer, all things being equal.

What I will say is that if we’re going to do it, can we at least hurry up and do it? If we decide we’re moving to Berge, then go ahead and get it done, it shouldn’t take forever.
Correct. The season starts next week we cannot go into that game with the options we currently have. They should know this.

If we get him in and have Collyer as back up and ship out Casemiro I would be doing cartwheels.

I wonder if the De Ligt and Mazraoui obsession is causing us to skimp on a midfielder option. We should be sweeping a cheap but data-focus led CB to be rotational until Yoro is back, and spend the larger sum on a first choice midfielder. Not the other way around.

Also see Roy Keane, James Maddison, James Ward-Prowse.

True enough but those players had performed at a decent level in the top league. Sander Berge has hardly set the league on fire hence the low fee compared to the likes if Maddison and JWP

The championship starts in a few days and there’s a midfielder of those you mentioned quality available for 15m and nobody has snapped him up?

He’s just not good enough for what we need.

He has some good stats, passes well under pressure and over distance. Surprisingly fast, too. I'd love us to start getting value in our signings. We've had some luck with Norwegians before.

If its him or Casemiro then sign him please. I'm desperate at this point.

I’ve always quite liked him as a player. Not sure if he’ll make the step up as nailed on starter though.

He had early promise but never progressed much. Decent under pressure and with the ball but lacks mobility and tempo without. Been very poor for Norway. Don't want us to sign him.

If we buy him on a cheap, it is fine, as long as we buy another quality midfielder. He is not worse than the current version of Casemiro/Amrabat, but we need much more and better

He had early promise but never progressed much. Decent under pressure and with the ball but lacks mobility and tempo without. Been very poor for Norway. Don't want us to sign him.
I wouldn't base anything on performances for Norway, tbf. We are confounding.

True enough but those players had performed at a decent level in the top league. Sander Berge has hardly set the league on fire hence the low fee compared to the likes if Maddison and JWP

The championship starts in a few days and there’s a midfielder of those you mentioned quality available for 15m and nobody has snapped him up?

He’s just not good enough for what we need.
The problem is not that he was twice relegated with different sides.

Liverpool have signed Endo from the nearly-relegated Stuttgart.

The problem is that Ten Hag hasn't really improved any player....youngsters like Mainoo and Garnacho.....but no other senior players.

Guardiola would probably improve Berge....he is a good player.

It is down to Ten Hag to finally improve our squad and to play decent football.

If we get him in and have Collyer as back up and ship out Casemiro I would be doing cartwheels.

Collyer looks a long way from a first team midfielder. Running and tackling isn’t a very high bar, he should go on loan.

Weren’t we linked to him in the Bruno window? 2019 winter? Could be wrong but I swear we were. Seem to be the only club this happens to. Unimaginative.

He's world class in passing the ball backwards.
He's doing a sensible thing by keeping or recycling possession for his team, he doesn't need to be the only one who pins the ball Forward, by doing what he's doing the opposition are drawn out of position, we've got Onana, Martinez, Yoro(when fit), Shaw that can find that free man in spaces vacated by the pressing team.

Some of you on here are so depressing to read at times, you are critical without also seeing the benefits in what that video is meant to show,

More often than not we are critical of Casemiro and Bruno for trying forward passes by branding it Hollywood passes or chaotic football, but when a players does the basic right which a possession based team needs it's branded passing backwards.

News flash you don't pass the ball Forward if the receiving player isn't positioned properly without the risk of losing possession, it's the main reason our team conceed possession so easily to any half decent team that is good at pressing.

From those clips, he's got good potentials to be a solid tempo controller, If we can get him in, we can only hope he can improve other parts of his game.

Berge is not a player we should be looking at as he isnt the type of midfielder we need and isnt good enough anyway.

This would be a really good signing and wouldnt be an upgrade on Eriksen, McTominay, or even Fred.

Collyer looks a long way from a first team midfielder. Running and tackling isn’t a very high bar, he should go on loan.
Kante was pretty effective doing it at Leicester.
I think he will do well at Utd this year if he gets chances.

Yes and in may you will wonder why we 8th.. This guy has proven at Sheffield United and Burnley that he is not good enough, yet we have United fans wanting him.. And we makes fun of Liverpool fans..

Good player, tidy on the ball with good passing range and won't break the bank in fee or wages, should be a no brainer in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.