Sancho or Messi? Who would you try to sign?

Messi would be great. But,
He'd get hammered into the ground by the likes of Robertson and Rudiger and miss half the season.

Neither, we have tried to sign Sancho they wanted too much money in the current circumstances

And you don't pay the kind of money it would cost to sign Messi when he is 33. especially in the current economic crisis.

Neither as they would cost a fortune and they would struggle with the pace of the Premier league

There's a small chance that we might be able to sign Sancho. There is no chance that we can sign Messi.

Pretty clear who the more sensible target is.

Sancho we just have to pay but I still highly doubt a positive outcome.

Messi, more chance of us winning the treble next season with Lingard scoring 57 goals and City getting relegated.

You have a nice thing going with the youth movement, if you shift gears at the first opportunity, you'll be betraying the one ideology that's worked in 8 seasons since Fergie.

There's a small chance that we might be able to sign Sancho. There is no chance that we can sign Messi.
Why not? We're one of four or five clubs who could be in contention, provided they're all interested.

I don't get the argument that Messi is not worth his wages because he's 33. Sure, if it was a five-year contract but as long as he's still world-class for the next two years, why wouldn't he be worth a two-year contract that reflects his qualities.

Sancho. Time and time again United get hypnotised by the promise of a veteran - Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, only to be disappointed.

Messi just to see him wear the shirt. He'll be good for another year or two. Sign him on a one plus one year contract and get sancho in a couple years.

You have a nice thing going with the youth movement, if you shift gears at the first opportunity, you'll be betraying the one ideology that's worked in 8 seasons since Fergie.

Why is that.. even Fergie liked to mix his team with experienced and young players. Well we don't have any experienced winners left at the club so Messi would be great to add, to guide the young players into winners. And there is no doubting his quality so the risk of him turning out to be a dud is as much or less as is Sanchos.

Was a good signing. Other factors came into play.
Fair enough, but Messi doesn't speak English. That would concern me from a 'fitting in' aspect. I can't imagine an Argentinian who speaks no English and has played essentially his entire career in Spain finding Manchester/Cheshire entirely comfortable.

Sancho however...

Neither, we have tried to sign Sancho they wanted too much money in the current circumstances

And you don't pay the kind of money it would cost to sign Messi when he is 33. especially in the current economic crisis.

You mean Free Transfer Leo Messi? The only obstacle are his wages, which for a short term project.. tempting, no? (2-3 years)

The Jadon Sancho deal is still very much being negotiated, it's not like the club just gave up.

Those people saying no to Messi due to age/wages.....where’s your bloody romance. It’s Messi in a united shirt ffs

Sancho, messi is a risky deal at his age and over the past few seasons he has become noticeably lazier with his work rate

Messi !

Feck longevity, feck young players and feck value. To watch the best player in my beloved club jersey even if its for 2-3 years, I dont care.

Sancho all day long. One of the world's best prospects rather than a past his best player who has never played outside of his comfort zone.

If we signed Messi over Sancho I think it would be a classic case of Woody signing a player for the commercial opportunity over the player our manager actually wants.

Sancho all day long. One of the world's best prospects rather than a past his best player who has never played outside of his comfort zone.

If we signed Messi over Sancho I think it would be a classic case of Woody signing a player for the commercial opportunity over the player our manager actually wants.
This, best young English player who seemingly wants to join us, Sancho is a proper united signing.

Which Glazer are you?

I ll sign Messi for 1 season and agree with Borussia for an option to buy Sancho next summer for 120million

Fair enough, but Messi doesn't speak English. That would concern me from a 'fitting in' aspect. I can't imagine an Argentinian who speaks no English and has played essentially his entire career in Spain finding Manchester/Cheshire entirely comfortable.

Sancho however...

Yeah but you'll have a United shirt with "Messi" on the back. Who cares!

Get both.

Will be a congested season so players will need rest, injuries, Jadon can play left or right. Everyone will be honoured to train with Messi.

So Messi behind Martial with Sancho and Rashford flanking has, Bruno will still get loads of minutes as we can’t run Messi into the ground.

Make it happen.

My sensible head says Sancho but my stupid muppet heart says seeing Messi in a Utd shirt would be out of this world