Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

I see a no fly zone being implemented soon over uncontested land in Ukraine Ie the west side and NATO needs to
Hold that right now, need to
Show strength now or
Nordics will fall I feel.

Amateur playing war games? What the feck are you on about you moron? He’s just desperate by all means as his country is being bombed by the cnut who actually plays war games here. He’s just trying to put pressure on the west, he might not get the noflyzone but instead it may result in getting more weapons or sanctions on Russia.

I am sorry you can't express your thoughts coherently without insults. I am sure it makes you more correct. The fact he thought the west would rescue him with was a miscalculation. He should have been able to feel the geopolitical climate and negotiated at least a independent Ukraine if he gets to keep his territorial integrity. He didn't budge and give Russia the option to meet him halfway. If you can't discuss maturely no need to quote me.

The last few days seem to suggest Putin is desperately attempting to create something he sell as a win to domestic audiences - forcing Zelenskyy to give up Donbas plus the land bridge to Crimea via Mariupol would seem the leading candidates, along with ruining most Ukrainian cities in the process.
It's not Fake news is it again pal. Watched a bunker in Ukraine on loose women today. Secret bunker. While some clod was inspecting damp in my home while working from home still..

Just stop with anymore big bomb stuff dude. Scared the life out of my cats.

You may be right if it was a country like Germany but a country like the US suffers from a ton of war optimism (much of the time misguided IMO) and bloodlust. Much of the population likes to shoot first and ask questions later as you have seen over the years. Even if NATO doesn't show up, the US probably would (especially if any American soldiers posted in eastern Europe die in a first strike) and UK would tag along. Those are the key elements of a NATO military force anyways so the effect would be the same.

This is my point if we are being ultra defensive then why would the big 5/6 NATO countries risk all out war if Norway goes down?

It's not Fake news is it again pal. Watched a bunker in Ukraine on loose women today. Secret bunker. While some clod was inspecting damp in my home while working from home still..

You're such a weirdo :lol:

Im seriously not being funny, I’m deadly serious, Russia carries on until
It gets to Germany, Italy, France, Spain, UK.

Putin will push and push, NATO will roll back and back, they will test and test.

No chance. He has no business and chance of success in current NATO countries, and he knows it.

What’s incorrect with what he said? That’s exactly what the Russians are trying to do.

Thread about the mines the Russians laid along evacuation corridors for Ukrainian civilians:

Seven days ago I was a lot more mixed on NFZ and the West doing anything that could be seen as escalation. The scenes we are now seeing and the briefing from Russia’s Foreign Ministry on chemical weapons feels like another level of escalation from Russia.

The chance of the West just standing by and watching Ukraine style this out without catastrophic losses (as if they aren’t already) just feels minimal. If Ukraine completely falls, that will be whole new problem and will lead the international projects of the West into feeling impotent in their mission regardless. There’s a good chance we will get drawn in or will choose to intervene at some point, so why delay the inevitable? I increasingly side with people like Kasparov.

Insulting another member
I am sorry you can't express your thoughts coherently without insults. I am sure it makes you more correct. The fact he thought the west would rescue him with was a miscalculation. He should have been able to feel the geopolitical climate and negotiated at least a independent Ukraine if he gets to keep his territorial integrity. He didn't budge and give Russia the option to meet him halfway. If you can't discuss maturely no need to quote me.
Morally bankrupt aren’t you? Talking pseudo smart rubbish doesn’t make you smart either. Didn’t want to engage just wanted to call you a cnut that’s all.

No chance. He has no business and chance of success in current NATO countries, and he knows it.

No chance is very optimistic, he views the west as incredibly weak and he will test and test.

The guy has gone against his holy grail of not letting the economy slide. I wish you’re right.

I never said invade moscow.

No, just have NATO go shoot down their planes. It would be a massive escalation by the west. Now just two countries are in direct conflict but apparently you really want it to be a world war. Putin knows he steps into a NATO country all hell will break loose and when that happens God help us all.

Every time Zelensky requests a no fly zone I just see an amateur playing war games. Nato was obviously never going to intervene in direct confrontation.
Or he's desperate for the bombing of civilians to stop.

Is it worth risking a nuclear war to protect a NATO country though?

Probably not.

Exactly what I’m saying, those who think the eastern NATO countries would actually be protected are envisaging a pipe dream.
It’s the same logic as a no fly zone.

People don’t like to envisage the worst and are irrational about it. That’s life.

Exactly what I’m saying, those who think the eastern NATO countries would actually be protected are envisaging a pipe dream.
It’s the same logic as a no fly zone.

People don’t like to envisage the worst and are irrational about it. That’s life.

Sorry I can't help that you don't understand what NATO is about and their rules of engagement.

Erm you think that NATO would do
Something if Norway got
Invaded.

They would probably say ok take
Norway just don’t go further please :lol:.
NATO falls apart if it fails to defend any of the countries that are part of it so there is little to no chance of it happening.

I do get your point though, it feels odd watching on as a country is invaded and everyone just hoping they manage to fend off the invaders. Even if there are weapons being handed too them.

Also, next time before you try acting smart at least get things straight…Meeting Putin halfway? He was planning to invade the country for years as he doesn’t believe in Ukraine as a independent nation/state and views it as part of Russia. There was literally nothing stopping this but yeah you can pretend being billy big bullocks in geopolitics.

This is my point if we are being ultra defensive then why would the big 5/6 NATO countries risk all out war if Norway goes down?
Because Article 5 clearly states that if any NATO country is attacked the other members have a duty to defend them, because an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all of them.

It wasn't your point. Your point was that NATO should go into an all out war with Russia, which would be near suicide for everyone involved as it could escalate into a nuclear war. It's pretty clear that you originally didn't know Norway was a NATO nation, and instead of admitting you got it wrong at the time you're just continuing with this bizarro world where Putin can invade Norway and the rest of NATO just go with it because, I'm guessing in your mind, Norway is a little country.

Seven days ago I was a lot more mixed on NFZ and the West doing anything that could be seen as escalation. The scenes we are now seeing and the briefing from Russia’s Foreign Ministry on chemical weapons feels like another level of escalation from Russia.

The chance of the West just standing by and watching Ukraine style this out without catastrophic losses (as if they aren’t already) just feels minimal. If Ukraine completely falls, that will be whole new problem and will lead the international projects of the West into feeling impotent in their mission regardless. There’s a good chance we will get drawn in or will choose to intervene at some point, so why delay the inevitable? I increasingly side with people like Kasparov.
You realize what it means when the West intervenes, right?

Sorry I can't help that you don't understand what NATO is about and their rules of engagement.

Apologies but if you really think article 5 matters then you need to take a step
Outside.

I suppose Putin will be arrested for war crimes also.

God bless you for thinking there was ever an option for Ukraine to have its territorial integrity, whilst remaining independent and sovereign since 2014.

Because Article 5 clearly states that if any NATO country is attacked the other members have a duty to defend them, because an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all of them.

It wasn't your point. Your point was that NATO should go into an all out war with Russia, which would be near suicide for everyone involved as it could escalate into a nuclear war. It's pretty clear that you originally didn't know Norway was a NATO nation, and instead of admitting you got it wrong at the time you're just continuing with this bizarro world where Putin can invade Norway and the rest of NATO just go with it because, I'm guessing in your mind, Norway is a little country.

I knew Norway is NATO, that’s exactly
My point, I’m not lying, if I’m wrong I’d duly admit it On a forum. I’m merely stating some hard facts.

Your point about article 5 is laughable though. Trust me I wish it wasn’t.

My predictions have been wrong in the past but I'm quite sure Putin won't be testing article 5.

No chance is very optimistic, he views the west as incredibly weak and he will test and test.

The guy has gone against his holy grail of not letting the economy slide. I wish you’re right.

He might see the West as weak in some ways, but I also think he has found out a thing or two about his own military. He is struggling mightily against Ukraine, so challenging NATO, who has the best hardware in the world would be utter madness.

What is the point of NATO, then?

Arm flexing? A deterrent that may fall apart when its actually time to deter?

I hope to hell on my part NATO stands firm when the time counts, but under the threat of nuclear war, paper agreements can easily fall to pieces.

Morally bankrupt aren’t you? Talking pseudo smart rubbish doesn’t make you smart either. Didn’t want to engage just wanted to call you a cnut that’s all.

Very productive. The disclaimer at the bottom was for you. For sure I have many moral faults, but I won't go into the lengthy list here, plus it will take the thread off topic. I concede to your moral superiority but now I'd rather spend time on someone who has an actual argument.