Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Biden just said Putin has made up his mind to invade. Good thing market are closed for the weekend.

Biden being as clear as possible he "is convinced Putin has made the decision to invade"

Eh...not really though, are they?

Both sides were unanimous when it came to strike China with sanctions specifically on the question fo human rights violations in Hong Kong and against the Uyghurs. If Putin crosses the line, no one will defend him among US Senators.

It may already have been answered earlier (I don't have time to go back through the entire thread), but where does the US Sixth Fleet (Europe) stands in all of this? Have there been news about what they do in this crisis?

It may already have been answered earlier (I don't have time to go back through the entire thread), but where does the US Sixth Fleet (Europe) stands in all of this? Have there been news about what they do in this crisis?

If I'm not mistaken they were and still are on the eastern part of the mediterranean. The USS Truman and Charles De Gaulle were together a couple of days ago.

That's not good. Because my Russian is trash translate please:

#1 calls them up for training exercises?
2/3 are classified
#4 puts them under the authority of the executive whilst in those training sessions?

edit: Do you have last years letter, or the ones historically? Do they read the same?
I’ll try to look those up.

@JPRouve Still think there's no differencein this buld up compared to April/Sep/Nov last year?

Don't think i'm sleeping tonight until this bottle of Talisker knocks me out :nervous:

@JPRouve Still think there's no differencein this buld up compared to April/Sep/Nov last year?

Don't think i'm sleeping tonight until this bottle of Talisker knocks me out :nervous:

I asked what was the difference then, I still don't have the answer to that question. Now the press conference with Lukashenko is enough of a difference for me, so I won't ask about what the difference is today.

I asked what was the difference then, I still don't have the answer to that question. Now the press conference with Lukashenko is enough of a difference for me, so I won't ask about what the difference is today.

What about the Lukashenko press conference changed your mind, I've missed what went on there.

What about the Lukashenko press conference changed your mind, I've missed what went on there.

He essentially insinuated that Russia and Belarus were in immediate threat from the West and mentioned that Belarus were now willing to host Russia nuclear missiles.

The invasion hasn't happened yet. Don't give up now. I am still reassured by the idea this is all Anglo hysteria and Putin's reassurances to Macron.

Russian media on the scene of the car explosion and experts on standby to assess the damage of the gas pipeline explosion. Talk about efficiency!

Basically, in the middle of the ocean. (without attempting to seem TOO smart arsed)

It won't be directly involved in combat for sure.
I’ll try to look those up.

Wass my understanding of it okayish? A long time since I've read any Russian outside of online gaming.

This is such a poor taste post given what people in Ukraine are going through, I want to call you names but it might get me banned.
You can do it via private message, I won't tell.

Basically, in the middle of the ocean. (without attempting to seem TOO smart arsed)

Can bet your arse those E-2 crews are getting some hefty special pay for tonight.

Well, I was expecting the fleet would be as means for deterrence by standing either in the Baltic Sea or south of the Bosphorus (or in the Aegean Sea near Greece). The Americans usually deploy the Seventh Fleet a lot for that same purpose against China when the latter get a little too aggressive towards either Taiwan or Japan.

Russian media on the scene of the car explosion and experts on standby to assess the damage of the gas pipeline explosion. Talk about efficiency!

Efficient yes.

Clearly USA & Ukraine spreading lies to cover up their attacks on the innocent Russians.

All hail Putin !

Well, I was expecting the fleet would be as means for deterrence by standing either in the Baltic Sea or south of the Bosphorus (or in the Aegean Sea near Greece). The Americans usually deploy the Seventh Fleet a lot for that same purpose against China when the latter get a little too aggressive towards either Taiwan or Japan.

I'm sure it will be there as a deterrence should there be any threat of Russian aggression against a NATO member, there currently isn't however.

The guy can barely read from a prompt, he probably won't even remember this tomorrow.

No wonder America is in such a mess.

Might as well have appointed Grandpa Simpson.

Pray tell what mess America is in right now.