Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

There's a whole European continent out there, we are not part of the EU. Hence brexit. We've been taken for absolute mugs for too long in the past.

Although I would take in refugees in warfare until they could return to wherever they feel safe.
What have I actually just read.

Don't think the following has been posted.

But this is exactly the kind of stuff Russia is liable to do under Putler. The guys is itching for a fight like a cornered rat.

The daily nuke threat I see. So it’s basically you either allow us destroy Ukraine and take it by force or we are going to nuke the whole world.

We've had some absolutely insane suggestions from staff on here, who obviously have absolutely no fecking idea what they are saying. I was watching last night. And it's just as toxic of a place as the match day threads. Only worse. In this scenario.

What have you read that’s toxic?

Quote some examples at least.

There's a whole European continent out there, we are not part of the EU. Hence brexit. We've been taken for absolute mugs for too long in the past.

Although I would take in refugees in warfare until they could return to wherever they feel safe.

Gee, how wonderfully magnanimous of you.

Out of interest, why are they banned?
They are extremely harmful. Lebanese children are still losing their legs -15 years later- because of the insane amount of cluster bombs that the Israeli army threw there in 2006. One of Israel’s worst crimes in this century. And also one of the least known.

If Russia’s army is doing this, they’ve just crossed another red line.

Can we just thread ban the guy. It’s obvious where this is going.

The daily nuke threat I see. So it’s basically you either allow us destroy Ukraine and take it by force or we are going to nuke the whole world.
Imagine the US doing this thread to Russia considering that they sent weapons to Korea, Vietnam, Syria and probably Iraq/Afghanistan when US was fighting them.

Seeing this, is it any wonder the Russians soldiers are just looking for any way out? Obviously not verified.

Edit: just realised there's no subs on this version. They're basically demonstrating that the army's rations are with a 2015 expiry date.

Yes. My wife and son are Ukrainian. We can not bring anyone over. Usually we could at least apply for a tourist visa for family or friends. They have closed that route off now too. I cannot emphasise at how performative our Government is being at making grand gestures and then not following it up on a humanitarian front. But these are the people responsible for Windrush, so nobody can be surprised.

I’m waiting to see if it’s even mentioned on the news. As much as everyone wants to find out what is happening in the conflict, it’s also important to inform people how shit this is from the government. Especially as this is one of the few things we can actually control. I also hope your friends and family over there are as safe as is possible right now.

Imagine the US doing this thread to Russia considering that they sent weapons to Korea, Vietnam, Syria and probably Iraq/Afghanistan when US was fighting them.
If the US did that you'd have some on here telling us how right they were and that both sides are 'villains'. And then they have the cheek on lecture me.

Seeing this, is it any wonder the Russians soldiers are just looking for any way out? Obviously not verified.

Edit: just realised there's no subs on this version. They're basically demonstrating that the army's rations are with a 2015 expiry date.

One thing certain is that such stuff will only erode troop morale further. Rations supposedly expired for over 6 years, seriously.

If that's the strategy the international community wants to take, it'll likely end with nukes. And if there's no face saving option for Putin at this point, it'll likely end with nukes.

This is silly. It won't happen. Even if Putin is completely crazy and wants to kill himself with nukes or otherwise, I am sure that those around him are not equally crazy. Someone will help him kill himself before doing anything with nukes.

It’s not the first time they are engaged in military actions with old equipment. Putin has no problem to throw bodies into the hot pan as he has the numbers and can “afford it”.

Out of interest, why are they banned?

Cluster munitions are prohibited for two main reasons. First, they spread multiple bomblets or submunitions indiscriminately over a wide area, which can be devastating for civilians caught in a strike. Second, many submunitions fail to explode on initial impact, leaving dangerous duds that, like landmines, can kill and maim for years to come unless cleared and destroyed.

Staged or true you think? The tank seems to be towed, I am not sure.

That’s the farmer who stole the tractor - so 100% staged. As if you Molotov an armoured vehicle and then drive in a straight line at about 30mph in front of it as well

It hardly seems fair that we get to take the credit when the Ukrainians are the ones risking their lives :D

I don't think its even just weapons supply. Intel (be it US/UK/Euro/etc) is telling the Ukrainians exactly when, how many and where the russians are attacking from. It wasn't just convenience that the Ukrainians were able to destroy 56 tanks/trucks carrying those chechan mercs outside Kyiv. They knew how many of them there were and what sort of vehicles they had, and I'm assuming set a trap with the perfect weaponary to destroy those trucks. Had they not had that intel those guys could have been doing a ton of damage right now.

The Ukranians have obviously been tough and brave, but the intel is helping them so much, so they're not getting blindsided in any battle

Usually MRE's are OK after the date providing they're not stored in hot weather.

I'm more surprised theirs don't even have a 2 year shelf life.

I don't think its even just weapons supply. Intel (be it US/UK/Euro/etc) is telling the Ukrainians exactly when, how many and where the russians are attacking from. It wasn't just convenience that the Ukrainians were able to destroy 56 tanks/trucks carrying those chechan mercs outside Kyiv. They knew how many of them there were and what sort of vehicles they had, and I'm assuming set a trap with the perfect weaponary to destroy those trucks. Had they not had that intel those guys could have been doing a ton of damage right now.

The Ukranians have obviously been tough and brave, but the intel is helping them so much, so they're not getting blindsided in any battle

I was joking :p

One thing certain is that such stuff will only erode troop morale further. Rations supposedly expired for over 6 years, seriously.

I remember the dates on the War rations we had in the army in Norway (RSP), also called "Dead man in box". I think I ate some that were as old as my self. But they were canned in airtight metal boxes. This looks like food that you will get sick from eating. Putin must have put all the money into developing new mil tech and disregarded everything else needed for a large army to operate.

I dont think these countries can afford to send so many Migs surely? They're not cheap.
We would be sending them nearly half of our planes, and all MIG-29s that we have. Not happening.

NATO was founded to counter Soviet expansion in Europe - that's the primary motivation for their existence. At some point, the word 'counter' became 'mimic', unfortunately.

Unpunished, not unnoticed. Don't have to remind you of Trump's love affair for Putin when he should have been cut down to size.

Enough about NATO, though, I knew I would be derailing this thread the moment blinkered outrage began. I didn't want to leave my opinion undefended, but back to the point of this thread.
Is it surprising when you've shown an even more blinkered standpoint.

Is RT a direct propoganda line from the Kremlin or is it like the Daily Mail/Fox News spinning whatever direction they think the government is going in?
It's the BBC but without creating cartoons depicting members of the government as a superhero saving the economy by handing out money to the public, whilst being about 2 feet taller than reality.

It’s not the first time they are engaged in military actions with old equipment. Putin has no problem to throw bodies into the hot pan as he has the numbers and can “afford it”.
When my parents moved house a couple of years ago my mum found some old army rations my dad had brought home from various places around the world in the very back of a cupboard.
Some of them 30 years old.
Dad being dad had to show they were fine so opened and ate a 30 year old tin of ham.
Was fine apparently! Although I did not partake.