Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Regardless of whether invasion at this time was the right call or if he's taking advantage of for other motives, point remains, imo he clearly has a fair and genuine security concern. I think anyone dismissing that is being disingenuous or clearly has not watched his response in the video.

How does he have a fair and genuine security concern?
Does anyone really think that on this side of the 1990, there's actually any wishes whatsoever to invade or attack Russia?

Cherkasy does house a large chemical factory, maybe that?:

1.jpg

Edit: Or, more likely, what Sweet Square just posted.

There's something flashing up before the explosion and the explosion is on the ground (a huge bomb you'd want to detonate above ground). Both make more sense if its a weapons depot / fuel / something else.

If I had to take a guess maybe some EU countries have old models that Ukrainian pilots already have experience with. But I can't find a more detailed article on this development. News is moving fast and such developments are probably first mentioned on Twitter.

Probably the former soviet countries.

Just did a quick google, looks like Poland and Slovakia has some Mig-29's, not very many though.

His perspective? I'm still struggling to understand why he says Ukraine is run by Nazis and why he's threatening to end life on earth. Do you have a vid on that?
There are no nazis in the Ukrainian government. The president is Jewish and a former comedian.

Putin is just lying. He is using the exact same technique Cameroon and Sarkozy used to justify the attack on Libya. Fabricate some stuff, blow some events way out of proportions, and pretend you got no choice but to intervene.

Putin said he was going to protect Donbas' region from genocide. There is no genocide intent whatsoever. Ukraine has been trying to end the rebellion there, but that's all.

Many in Russia seem to be accepting that it's Russia's duty to protect the Donbas' region and that's why Russia voted to recognize them as independent republics. But the public in Russia is not onboard for the occupation of Kyiv. And it is probably in order to cover that part, Putin is now talking about Nukes. He want his people to hear there is an exitential threat from "the evil west" and he has no choice but to defend Russia by going on and "denazifying" Ukraine to avoid the alternative which would be the "Nuclear war".

If the pople accept the idea that they are being protected from a "nuclear war", the financial hit they are about to take would seem less important in comparison.

The article does say 300km, to be fair
300km each way from the impact point? Jeeze, you could wipe out a HUGE amount of England with just one of them if they actually existed! For context, 300km is 186 or so miles, it's only 160 miles from Manchester to London!!

300m is definitely more realistic and likely, so yeah i'd say it's definitely an error in the article haha. Still, that video is scary

There are no nazis in the Ukrainian government. The president is Jewish and a former comedian.

Putin is just lying. He is using the exact same technique Cameroon and Sarkozy used to justify the attack on Libya. Fabricate some stuff, blow some events way out of proportions, and pretend you got no choice but to intervene.

Putin said he was going to protect Donbas' region from genocide. There is no genocide intent whatsoever. Ukraine has been trying to end the rebellion there, but that's all.

Many in Russia seem to be accepting that it's Russia's duty to protect the Donbas' region and that's why Russia voted to recognize them as independent republics. But the public in Russia is not onboard for the occupation of Kyiv. And it is probably in order to cover that part, Putin is now talking about Nukes. He want his people to hear there is an exitential threat from "the evil west" and he has no choice but to defend Russia by going on and "denazifying" Ukraine to avoid the alternative which would be the "Nuclear war".

If the pople accept the idea that they are being protected from a "nuclear war", the finanical hit they are about to take would seem less important in comparison.
Could you maybe explain to me why Putin is a dick?

I don't mean to be pedantic, and yeah I agree, us humans are terrible, yet I've never understood the idea of animals living peacefully when they eat each other.
Not all of them do. But even that is just a part of the natural process. What however is not natural is what we are witnessing right here. There will never be an answer for any of this except that humans are naturally evil.

From another camera

I dread to think how many people it killed

After seeing this, I'm more convinced its a Thermobaric Bomb. Trump dropped one on ISIS positions in Afghanistan in 2017. Note the similarities between what appear to be multiple explosions - the first, not particularly big; the 2nd far more massive and destructive.

The "two explosions" from Wiki: A fuel–air explosive (FAE) device consists of a container of fuel and two separate explosive charges. After the munition is dropped or fired, the first explosive charge bursts open the container at a predetermined height and disperses the fuel (and possibly ionizes it, depending on whether a fused quartz dispersal charge container was employed) in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen (the size of the cloud varies with the size of the munition). The cloud of fuel flows around objects and into structures. The second charge then detonates the cloud and creates a massive blast wave. The blast wave can destroy reinforced buildings, equipment and kill or injure people.

Does anyone really think that on this side of the 1990, there's actually any wishes whatsoever to invade or attack Russia?

Having missiles lined up all along your border put there by an organisation created literally against you is not a concern? Not today, but what about in some years? No one can guarantee future peace and security.

I asked a sarcastic question about why Putin wanted to blow up the world and then I got an essay for an answer. So, I decided to continue down this line, since I was curious if the poster might give me some insight on the matter. It was worth a shot.
Oh right, as you were :D

I asked a sarcastic question about why Putin wanted to blow up the world and then I got an essay for an answer. So, I decided to continue down this line, since I was curious if the poster might give me some insight on the matter. It was worth a shot.
You want to read another essay?

Does it matter what we think? The West literally promised MG and Russia back then not to move an inch to the East, yet NATO have added several ex-Soviet states under its wings since then and for the past 15-20 years have been flirting with Russia's closest neighbour. For a nationalist like Putin that is a breach of trust and a threat.

That's why the US tomahawked Iraq into stone age before sending mass of troops on the ground. I'll never forget those images, it was mesmerizing and frightening at the same time.

Yup, formative memory for me too. Not sure if there's been anything close to it in Ukraine, and I'm worried he can escalate like this if he wants to.

Not all of them do. But even that is just a part of the natural process. What however is not natural is what we are witnessing right here. There will never be an answer for any of this except that humans are naturally evil.

Still pales in comparison to the heartlessness of the Animal world. I also never understood why people get obsessed with Animals being some peaceful creatures. If anything there is way more empathy and humanity among us humans

After seeing this, I'm more convinced its a Thermobaric Bomb. Trump dropped one on ISIS positions in Afghanistan in 2017. Note the similarities between what appear to be multiple explosions - the first, not particularly big; the 2nd far more massive and destructive.

The "two explosions" from Wiki: A fuel–air explosive (FAE) device consists of a container of fuel and two separate explosive charges. After the munition is dropped or fired, the first explosive charge bursts open the container at a predetermined height and disperses the fuel (and possibly ionizes it, depending on whether a fused quartz dispersal charge container was employed) in a cloud that mixes with atmospheric oxygen (the size of the cloud varies with the size of the munition). The cloud of fuel flows around objects and into structures. The second charge then detonates the cloud and creates a massive blast wave. The blast wave can destroy reinforced buildings, equipment and kill or injure people.

There's just no way of knowing. The 1st explosion could be a bomb/rocket exploding and the 2nd an ammunition warehouse.

Still pales in comparison to the heartlessness of the Animal world. I also never understood why people get obsessed with Animals being some peaceful creatures. If anything there is way more empathy and humanity among us humans
Couldn’t agree more

Puppies & kitties