Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Somethings changed hasn't it. Putin puts his nukes on special alert and the response is to send more weapons and increase sanctions.

Whatever fear factor remains there seems to be a growing sentiment that either we give in to a madman or call his bluff.

It really seems like you want Russia to prevail here.
Bizarre series of posts, to say the least
definitely weird posts, but I guess he just can't believe that russia's military + planning is as shit as it really seems to be...incredible
Leave him be, that dream of Russia being a world power with a respectable military has crumbled before his eyes. :lol:

yeah he seems like a Putin apologist

Also doesn’t have a clue about anything

If he chooses the nuclear option, I'm sure the deterrent protocols are now ready.

Also our forces immediately go in and end the war in 30 minutes.

Somethings changed hasn't it. Putin puts his nukes on special alert and the response is to send more weapons and increase sanctions.

Whatever fear factor remains there seems to be a growing sentiment that either we give in to a madman or call his bluff.
It is certain now that nobody is giving in. His bluff has been called.

You start to make them sound like the Lukaku of the military world :lol:
I don't know if this part of some genius plan, but they appear quite amateurish. Lack of communication, lack of elementary logistics, morale must be low given that a lot of soldiers don't even know what they are doing in Ukraine.

It all looks like big miscalculation, as @Raoul pointed out.

With Putin threatening all of us with nuclear war I think he shifted the red lines a bit...

Vitali Klitschko, Kyiv’s mayor and former world heavyweight boxing champion, has described the Ukraine capital as “encircled” and said a civilian evacuation would not be possible “because all ways are blocked”.

“We are at the border of a humanitarian catastrophe,” he told Associated Press on Sunday as a curfew continued in the city which he said allowed authorities to hunt “saboteurs” on the streets. “Right now, we have electricity, right now we have water and heating in our houses. But the infrastructure is destroyed to deliver the food and medication.”

“That’s why the message for everyone is: Support Ukraine together ... We are strong,” he said. “Every Ukrainian is proud to be independent, proud to be Ukrainian, and we are proud to have our own country.”

Germany went from "should we halt NS2 certification" to "let's throw 100 billion at the military".

Man, I'd pay a lot of money to see the protocols from these discussions and how quickly and why exactly they escalated the way they did

Let's say Russia nukes the UK, for example. Will the rest of the world nuke Russia if they know it would mean the end of us all?

yeah, nukes are the one red line that's never to cross, because exactly that will happen: armageddon, end of the world

Man, I'd pay a lot of money to see the protocols from these discussions and how quickly and why exactly they escalated the way they did
How has this news been received in Germany? Scepticism? Anxiety? It's a big move.

Let's say Russia nukes the UK, for example. Will the rest of the world nuke Russia if they know it would mean the end of us all?
Weird one as the uk haa enough nukes to wipe russia out as well.

They will immediately have nukes shot all over their country. But I imagine they would shoot theirs all over the place too. It’s basically the end of civilization immediately.

But, without retaliation there will be no global annihilation...

Such is the joy in mutually assured destruction. In order for there to be no nuclear annihilation Russia must understand that the Western nuclear powers will bring about nuclear annihilation. If we waver, then Putin can basically do whatever he wants. The Russian military have stayed well away from NATO's borders so far, which seems to indicate that the Putin regime wants no part in a NATO retaliation.

What’s the difference really in supplying weapons and intelligence to Ukraine vs actually supporting them with an army and base as a deterrent? I appreciate there’s a difference to NATO but in Putin’s eyes it’s basically the same thing. If they are now willing to do one then they surely could’ve done the other to prevent this and ensure negotiations.

Putin has gone mad now clearly but what is there to negotiate? He either wants Ukraine or zero Nato involvement, it’s a bit late for both.

Norways Oil fund has frozen its assets in Russia and will withdraw from the Russian market alltogether. It is the worlds largest sovereign fund I think, and owns more than 2% of the worlds stocks and a lot of real estate etc.

Edit:

Norway now also going to give military equipment to Ukraine, and allows ammunition manufactured in Norway to be sold by other states. Also have set up 2 billion NOK to help refugees from Ukraine.

Yeah, China is still in restraint / neutral mode… once they get the evidence they need for their own use, Xi will maybe call Putin’s bluff (?) and end this farce without further escalating the conflict. I really hope you are right, folks.

You have a weird obsession with China being the big bad evil empire.

Not long ago they're innitiating a BRI that would have created a world of open trade and cooperation.

And they got a trade war for that.

This kind of antagonizing and political posturing is the actual source of conflict